36 coaches online • Server time: 10:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nabolo

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys !

I was wondering if you could give me your point of view on that Maraboe player of mine:

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10328411

it looks good, it sure is useful but technically, at this lvl with all the tackles+mighty Blow around, it doesn't stay on the pitch very much... unless I keep it protected which means puting 240k on the pitch and not using them.
Overall it feels too expensive... or laybe I shouldn't have added +ST on a player who's too fragile to really use them righ... what would you say ? Or do, with that player ?

Thx a lot ! =)
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd keep him. Of course you need to protect him, but he can come in play in the last turns of the defensive drive to try a steal. He's a great asset on offence, too.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

On offence he should almost never get blocked if you cage well because I would make him your BC. +ST in a cage is very good. Makes it hard for the opposition to get a 2D block on them. Defence make him the sweeper and he won't be hit much either.

And Anyway any Catcher is going to be targeted as they are the easiest players to get off the pitch when facing Humans.

You really need to work on getting enough money to get Blitzers three and four back and then maybe replacing the two you have now with the Niggle and the -AG. Rather than getting rid of a catcher for another. Just depends whether you are the kind of person to fire any unfit player or not? I would probably keep the -AG but fire the niggle for Human Blitzers, they are going to be in the heat of battle so it's much more of a liability than on a position that won't be in the thick of it much.
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

A Blitzer with those stats and skills would cost at least 230k. A Lineman 250k. If you like having a 7437 blodge-SS-catch player, he's about the same price as any other way of having it in a human team.

Sure, it's only 210k for a less-injured catcher version, but that's not a big difference. Fend at legend and you're all good.

Compare a +AG Bull Centaur with Sure Hands, Block, Dodge, Sidestep, that's 270k. Maraboe is perfectly reasonable value if you treat him like any other -AV, ST 4, blodge, SS, superstar ball carrier.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Kind of pains me, but I'd probably fire it.

It's a lot of TV to carry for Box, and ST4 at higher TVs isn't really that much protection. I'd prefer MA8 over ST4 on a human catcher I think, this guy isn't really a threat defensively in my opinion. MA7 and AG3 kind of wrecks it, basically he's the same as a blitzer, but costs too much. Yeah, of course ST4 is great, but you're paying 100k for it.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have probably took diving tackle over MA, and would use him marking until he dies. But as per now, i would fire him. Maybe not now, but as soon as the team management allows it. (Any Niggler is worse than this one.)

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2015 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I would fire him and also the +ag injured lino. The lower Tv should make it easier to rebuild.
Nabolo

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for your advices ! So it's like 50 / 50 ? ^^'
Semitence

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him. He'll die soon enough anyway.
asteflix

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I would keep him , but again im not the best coach around.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 01:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'd keep him cos he's cool. Then, if there's ever a potion kicking around you can have a Ma9 St4 player!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2015 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Keep him. He'll die soon enough anyway.

Semi FTW

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: