21 coaches online • Server time: 07:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been looking at a few different leagues, and a common prize is a free MVP. How does that work?
Khor_Varik

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ask Woodstock!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't it a custom option when making a league? Admins didn't use to be able to give out free MVPs, I'm not sure about now. Nor about Woodstock as he's a level above what I used to be...so he may have that option.
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Isn't it a custom option when making a league? Admins didn't use to be able to give out free MVPs, I'm not sure about now. Nor about Woodstock as he's a level above what I used to be...so he may have that option.

I didn't see anything about it when I started the league, so I don't know.
Kryten

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 03:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the League. Some leagues have recruited a Security Monkey to do their bidding, and have arrangements where skills/cash can get added/changed. For a league offering a free MVP, we don't have that power directly but they could be doing it via a click-through match against a filler team.

Remember, if you're going to do anything artificial and shady like that, the League division is the only place it is legal. League is the Sandbox for coaches do whatever they want.
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooo a security monkey.... is that anything like a Boss Ape?

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Here https://fumbbl.com/help:Terminology The 'Monkey' position has kind of been removed; only Cloggy still exists as one.

So the 'Gorillas' (security officers) to the title as most preferred being called a monkey rather than a gorilla; hence 'Security Monkey'.

Interestingly 'Administrators' (which is a new term I think) aren't called 'Silver Backs' anymore.
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

So does anyone know any gorillas or security monkeys that could give a free MVP in my league?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

No...........as explained. Staff cannot give out MVPs. If you want to do that in league you have to click through games as Kryten suggested.

Getting staff to help out in a new League is very rare. They're pretty busy and league stuff can be time consuming. So generally they only get involved with leagues they're in or extremely established leagues.

By the way, as explained before on another thread. You need to stop playing your buddies in Ranked. It's going to get you in trouble.
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
No...........as explained. Staff cannot give out MVPs. If you want to do that in league you have to click through games as Kryten suggested.

Getting staff to help out in a new League is very rare. They're pretty busy and league stuff can be time consuming. So generally they only get involved with leagues they're in or extremely established leagues.

By the way, as explained before on another thread. You need to stop playing your buddies in Ranked. It's going to get you in trouble.

Ah, I feel stupid now. After I read up on the terminology I completely forgot what Kyrten said.

But yea, I might just set up a filler team to do a free MVP.

And alright, I guess that would make sense, I just hadn't considered it since someone else set up a match for us to play in.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 15, 2016 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

In short: You can't add prizes to a league.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 15, 2016 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

fivehead wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Ah, I feel stupid now. After I read up on the terminology I completely forgot what Kyrten said.

But yea, I might just set up a filler team to do a free MVP.

And alright, I guess that would make sense, I just hadn't considered it since someone else set up a match for us to play in.

You and at least 1 friend (if you are getting the MVP) make a donor team, start a game, and click through the turns; thus giving a free mvp. The only problem with this is that it'll also affect money and FF.
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 15, 2016 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess that'll be part of the prize too. Thanks for the help.
 Jump to: