41 coaches online • Server time: 12:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Fire Block Werewolf with 14 SPP?
Fire and rehire!
86%
 86%  [ 31 ]
Keep but only if he gets stat increase or doubles
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Keep and see how he fairs
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 36

Tanzwut

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I am new to blood bowl and getting to know the game. This is the first injury where I am not 100% sure how to deal with.

My werewolf has -av. He already has block and 14 SPP, so close to a second skill. Now sitting at 7 av he will get armour breaks more, however with regen he has chances to heal too. Should i sack? I have another wolf at 5 SPP, so getting a block wolf isn't fair off again. Cheers.

Playing in ranked.
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I'd play the next game, then sack him and replace or in 3 games time someone else will do it for you, he is going to be a target for your opponent he needs to play as many turns as possible

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I would wait till after your next game. If you have enough gold then to replace him do so. If not keep him till you do.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire him and play for some time with one wolf (until it has blodge, or block/mb) would be my advice to be honest. Especially as you also have 2 rookie Ghouls.

Necromantic are a quite forgiving roster, but the balancing act between how many positionals to have on the team versus how many skills it has is something that is quite tricky to get right at times.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I second ArrestedD here.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:
I second ArrestedD here.

+1
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

And adding a little thought here.

Don't go "i'll just roll another skill and if it's good i'll keep him" on any player with a permanent injury. Just value the skills he has at the moment.

Why?

Let's suppose you play with him and he rolls 12 for the next skill. Then you have a st4 wolf, great! But he's already av7, that's not good at all. If you had skilled another, as in new, wolf instead, you would have had a st4 fully fit.

Let's say that logic only ever "steals" good rolls from uninjured players.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait until he steals two MVPs, then fire him.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd generally tend toward firing now and buying another asap. Even if he regens he sits off for a drive, and gimped like he is, he is somewhat adding bloat.
Tanzwut

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Fire him and play for some time with one wolf (until it has blodge, or block/mb) would be my advice to be honest. Especially as you also have 2 rookie Ghouls.

Necromantic are a quite forgiving roster, but the balancing act between how many positionals to have on the team versus how many skills it has is something that is quite tricky to get right at times.

Thank you for the advice, good food for thought. I have fired him and will focus on skilling the wolf, and getting my ghouls up too. Thank you.

Uedder wrote:
And adding a little thought here.

Don't go "i'll just roll another skill and if it's good i'll keep him" on any player with a permanent injury. Just value the skills he has at the moment.

Why?

Let's suppose you play with him and he rolls 12 for the next skill. Then you have a st4 wolf, great! But he's already av7, that's not good at all. If you had skilled another, as in new, wolf instead, you would have had a st4 fully fit.

Let's say that logic only ever "steals" good rolls from uninjured players.

Thank you as well, you make some good points too.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2016 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire him.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2016 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

You think Necro has a good enough lineup that they can win games with only 1 wolf?
fidius

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2016 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

2 rookie wolfs is a bit hard to manage. Block-less Frenzy is dangerous in itself, plus they're expensive so you want to protect them, and protecting 2 is harder. It's not a bad strategy to start with only one, skill him to Block or Block/Dodge, then hire the second. I take the same approach with other expensive players like Pestigors and Slann Blitzers and Witch Elfs -- all players that are borderline liabilities until they get a skill.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2016 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
You think Necro has a good enough lineup that they can win games with only 1 wolf?

Sure,yeah, I do.

Two rookie (or near rookie) wolves is quite a difficult lineup to handle at times, and the Necromantic exclusive positionals are actually very expensive in terms of in-game returns until they are 16+ spp. As a result, you quite often find yourself severely outmatched in terms of skills on players early on - and you will have already made sacrifices in terms of rerolls if you're trying to take as many positionals as possible. As the team develops, it becomes a matter of taste as to what positionals you add and when it's suitable to do so (I've subsequently added another wolf to that second team, and the ghoul bit the dust).

For long term development, yes, once you're comfortable with a roster it's suggested you get the positionals you want at the start if you can afford them, or as soon as possible if not. But quite often starting with all the toys actually makes winning harder.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2016 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:

Sure,yeah, I do.

Course if that one Wolf is a Claw-PoMber it helps matters somewhat, amirite AD? ;D
 Jump to: