34 coaches online • Server time: 00:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Our way is the Old w...goto Post One turn score listgoto Post What To Do In My Tur...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The subject says it all. I have someone that I never want to hear there words ever again. I am quitting league 145 which i technically still need there help to learn cause he as just a total dick with me. So yeah if there is a way to block a user please let me know

thank you in advance.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope.
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Dang it there needs to be one Sad and hey Uedder
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Best option is just not to respond. The worst they can do on this site is just send you messages. Ignore them! You'll be fine. If you're in a league together just play the game and ignore the chat. Most people are pleasant and those that aren't you can avoid for the most part pretty easily.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

if they send you abuse, copy to the admins

they take a dim view of that

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

There are better ways to deal with this Shy.

As the league commish, pm me.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:

Thing is he made my blood boil and wanted to insult me just cause i said i had bad start of the game which my rolls early where shit late game though it turned around and he insulted me during are game. Also since it happened during a ranked game its not during your league.

Again Im made at him and no one else but I do not even want to really share the same location as them. I have enough problem outside this site medically that enduring someone like that could potentially make it worst depending on how severe it gets which is why I wanted to mute option to make certain it does not get that level.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Shydeon wrote:
Throweck wrote:

Thing is he made my blood boil and wanted to insult me just cause i said i had bad start of the game which my rolls early where shit late game though it turned around and he insulted me during are game. Also since it happened during a ranked game its not during your league.

Again Im made at him and no one else but I do not even want to really share the same location as them. I have enough problem outside this site medically that enduring someone like that could potentially make it worst depending on how severe it gets which is why I wanted to mute option to make certain it does not get that level.

OK, if it happened in Ranked then you need to deal with it through the admins. A pleasant bunch who are very fair.

In terms of 145 I shall withdraw you from the group, which is a shame, but the pm thread will still continue so jut don't open it. It will stop when we start a new league...

WHICH IS SOON! Get some league teams in everyone who fits the criteria! Click the banner below! The next league will be starting in a few days with no TV limit. practice using inducements, etc.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
Shydeon wrote:
Throweck wrote:

OK, if it happened in Ranked then you need to deal with it through the admins. A pleasant bunch who are very fair.

In terms of 145 I shall withdraw you from the group, which is a shame, but the pm thread will still continue so jut don't open it. It will stop when we start a new league...

WHICH IS SOON! Get some league teams in everyone who fits the criteria! Click the banner below! The next league will be starting in a few days with no TV limit. practice using inducements, etc.

If your not kicking me out I might stick around but probably not I just need more time to clear my head.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
but the pm thread will still continue so jut don't open it. It will stop when we start a new league...

Move the conversation to Trash if you don't want to get updates on it.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of 145 Club action is in the Open League, so you would only have to play the opponent if you made the playoffs or were drawn together in a tournament.

I don't think that you need to quit the league because of one guy.
League commissioners can usually sort things out.

Also, complaining about the dice can wind a lot of people up, depending on how you do it.

My personal rule is don't mention the dice at all. The players may be having a bad day. The opponent's players may be outstanding. The referee is a... Nuffle may not be with you tonight. Dice & RNG are just tools that help us understand Nuffle's will.

When you are a bit more experienced at the game, you may find that the dice were not actually as harsh as they appeared.

The big problem with Ranked & Box is that people are playing for different reasons and have different goals. The same person may have a different attitude in different divisions.
I would probably be more of hard ass in R & B than League.

Generally, I think getting into a good league is the way to go. I'd recommend sticking with 145 Club. (But I'm biased Mr. Green)

Edit: If you need some inspiration...

Jim says...

Last edited by koadah on %b %15, %2016 - %11:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Shydeon wrote:
The subject says it all. I have someone that I never want to hear there words ever again. I am quitting league 145 which i technically still need there help to learn cause he as just a total dick with me. So yeah if there is a way to block a user please let me know

thank you in advance.

Blacklist doesn't seem to work anymore:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=lists&coach=240288
paradocks

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I see dealing with messed up opponents as kinda the same as dealing with messed up dice, both are outside your control and inevitable. You just have to ignore it and focus on the task at hand
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

you can always use the traditional "post-it mute" or move the client to the bottom of the screen so that the chat area stays hidden

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I find being ridiculously nice while mildly insulting stirs people up and who knows you may annoy them enough that they stuff up and you win
Eg why thank you for that wonderful compliment im sure your mother is so pleased she raised a strong keyboard warrior like yourself....actually could you just yell up the stairs and ask her for me im assuming with social skills like that you are still living in her basement