23 coaches online • Server time: 12:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Every since I have been playing, the common thought is that a +MV on a Saurus is great. mv6 to mv7 is the best boost in the game.

Personally I have never liked it. A saurus really only benefits from if it if he has block/wrestle, tackle and breack tackle. So if they have those skills, by all means. Otherwise he is just better off taking one of the many skills that really helps them.

The other issue is that I don't find it that useful to use a Saurus as a sweeper. I would prefer a ss/dt skink served that function, so my Saurus could really get into the action. Having a 2 BT Saurus, one on each side, also gives you a certain amount of sweeping action.

The new MVP rule changes things though. If you are willing to pump MVPs into your mv7 Saurus, then you can get him to block/tackle/bt a lot faster.

Thought I would post it here, what do we all think? In what circumstances, if any, would you take +MA on a Saurus?

PS. I presume no one would take +AV... Smile

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If I were Malmir?

Seem to remember Anisdrin doing similar at one point.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, well Chronos already had block, tackle and break tackle (and dodge) so I think the +MA was a good call.

Hermes had block, +Ag, breack tackle, sure hands and dodge... which isn't something I would push but if I did, yes obviously +MA is good too

Apollo is a great example of what I would consider "meh"
7 5 2 9
Block, Break Tackle

or
6 5 1 9
Block, Breack Tackle, Frenzy, Tackle (or MB)
In fact forget the 50k difference... I would simply prefer the latter Saurus.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I never take +MA on my Sauri. The ones I want mobile have too many skills that they need to fit it in and the rest are support players that don't need the +MA.
Kammo22

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

My lizard team has taken +MA couple of times but pretty much only good example of it is Örinä VII. I prefer to have one ball carrying skink and if possible also one ball carrying saurus that takes the role if opponent has lots of leap or otherwise I can't be sure that skink manages to keep the ball safely.

After my experiences I'd say that if you happen to already have +AG saurus that you use in ball carrying role and THEN also roll +MA for him, I would surely take it, but as a first and only +stat it really isn't worth it. Lack of speed isn't an issue for lizards and Block, Break Tackle, Tackle and even Guard are far more useful than just a single +MA.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends where they are in their development and where the team is. You have to balance being in the best place to win now against the best place to win on an ongoing basis.

I'd generally take the +MA, but I might hesitate on the first skill roll. Especially if it's a very young team.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Also I forgot to mention the awesome synergy with Shadowing... +ma, block, break tackle, tackle, mighty blow for a sweeper sure but at mv7 Shadowing isn't too bad on your legend roll.

*flame suit on*

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I would generally not bother with movement on sauri on early skills. I would consider as a 3rd skill the earliest, but may decline until it is 5th skill depending on the role, and previos skill rolls.