21 coaches online • Server time: 07:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Worth looking at?
yes
46%
 46%  [ 24 ]
no
34%
 34%  [ 18 ]
No interest in Stunty
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 52

Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Totally inspired by that weird "Cthulu" thing, but it occurs to me a stunty team like this would actually be played differently than what is currently available, and shouldn't be over-powered (bashy as all get out, but not over powered).
Haven't played WHFB in years, but back in the day there were Empire troops called Flagellants, fanatical devotees of Sigmar, who refused to wear armour, or take morale checks. It's about time they hit the field!

Team Flagellants (Stunty):

0-16 Flagellants 6 2 3 6 Stunty, Frenzy, Wild Animal A 40k
0-2 Fanatics 4 6 3 7 Ball and Chain, Pro 60k
0-2 Priests of Sigmar 6 3 3 8 Stand Firm, Block, Leader G 120k
I know there are 8 million Stunty team proposals out there, but I'm going to keep tossing them against the wall until somethign sticks. I really feel like these guys would play much differently than anything currently available. Thinking maybe need to reduce Flagellants armour to 6..... Ideas? Criticisms? Comments? Volunteers to play-test?

Last edited by Macavity on %b %15, %2007 - %16:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
Hogshine

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

For people not wearing armour, they seem to have more armour on than some other teams Wink
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the idea! Some critique: 4 Fanatics may be abit over powering, reduce them to 0-2? Also the Priest seems a tad cheap for the skills he gets, maeybe up his cost to 120k or something and only allow 1? Also maybe raise the cost of Flagellants to 50K?

What about RR's? They'll probably need plenty with all the frenzy and WA. Should the cost be low to reduce the negative effects of these or should it be high to not cover their apparent weaknesses?

Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, 0-2 is done, and AV is reduced on Flagellants. The Priests were priced as human blitzers with SF and Leader, but one less movement and no Strength access (guard would make this team killer with all the frenzy). I'd be inclined to price RRs high, but don't have a good benchmark.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

How's about giving the Flagellants str1 and Dauntless ... can you imagine the chaos caused by having to roll to pass wild animal, then roll to get dauntless... and then if you have any rerolls left, if you push back you have Frenzy! Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It's an option, I suppose, but if the dauntless works, they could carve a path through anyone....... thoughts from others?

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

WA is a little harsh, only half of your team moving.

Maybe if you gave them Pro too? Then they would have a 75% chance of doing something.

Could be quite funny though, as WA and Frenzy are both reroll heavy zones.
tenpole

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my, so much wild animal. I would not play them but they might appeal to some. Prob too many turnovers with that frenzy.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno about you, but in 'stunty character' i'd prefer to call them 'Flatulants', 'Farting Fanatics' and 'Stinking Priests of Body Odour'

then again, maybe that would be more appropriate with Foul Appearance...

looks like an interesting team anyway Smile

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro is definitely a thought, but maybe a post-playtest one. can anyone direct me to a primer on creating the team for myself to start testing?

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I never could get those team generators on downloads o work well.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The flagelents need dodge. Apart from that I won't comment cos flagelents are far from stunty. Sorry.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No, please do comment. I am all for getting trashed if it's thought out.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Why would crazed human zealots be St 2?
2. (6 3 3 8 Stand Firm, Block, Leader G 100k) in Stunty is just SICK! (and 100K isn't even close!)
3. That much WA would make the team virtually an unplayable Luck fest. Either you make a bunch of rolls and you're a God, or you don't and you're doomed.

That said, I'll make a roster html when I get home and I'd be willing to playtest if anyone's interested.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Craft:

1. I don't know, why are Plagubearers or Eshin assasins? Maybe they are the old guys, too tired for real battle anymore?
2. Changing price is definitely an option, but I've played my no big guy stunty teams in ranked too much to think any Str 3 player is "just SICK". Block is big in Stunty, but most teams either have players stronger, or knifes/chainsaws to bypass block, and if they go down, these guys are getting stomped.
3. uh-huh! Smile