48 coaches online • Server time: 20:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hunter

Post 20 Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

There has been call for an undead race in the Stunty Leeg. Instead of attempting to port a LRB race to stunty form, I went a different direction and developed a race based on worshippers and of the undead.

Please always visit the Sepulcher Sect wiki page for the most updated roster.

-------------------------------------------
In the Old World, human priests with dark interests can develop into Shamans with necromantic powers through years of study and research.

Shamans hold persuasive powers over a race of diminutive followers called Acolytes. Little is known about this secretive nocturnal race other than a penchant for and worship of the undead, as well as devotion as crypt keepers... those who maintain and protect sacred burial grounds from grave robbers.

Acolytes seek eternal (un)life, which is provided by the Shaman: upon death, the Shaman resurrects the Acolyte to Revenant form. Revenants are dumber and slower than Acolytes, but posess undead regenerative powers and skills of strength.

Shamans lead their Acolyte and Revenant followers into battle on the Blood Bowl pitch for blood and glory. No apothecaries are allowed or even desired, but Shamans can cast a fireball or lightning bolt spell with a 50k acquisition of necessary components.

Sepulcher Sect

0-1 Shaman 6338 Leader, Hypnotic Gaze, Throw Team Mate G 80k
0-4 Acolyte 5237 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff G,A 50k
0-16 Revenant 4227 Dodge, Stunty, Stand Firm, Bonehead, Regenerate S 50k

Apoth: No
Wizard: Yes
Rerolls: 50k

Constructive criticism welcome!

Regards,
~hunter

Last edited by hunter on %b %04, %2008 - %18:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
def909

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

They look powerful at first sight... maybe not as a rookie team but once they have some skills they will be very strong. Bonehead might put things right though... I do like the theme and the roster overall. Good work! Have you done any playtesting yet?

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

No undead in stunty - totally unneeded. Leave stunty to the living who wish to live short.

Oh wait there's a vamp team..... enough said.
celas

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually think they look weak. Not that that is bad. They remind me of Strigs from the roster units limits expect I would prefer a Lord (better killing) vs. a Shaman (better passing and no negatrait). Acolytes (ST 1, MA 5) are fairly weaker than Vamplings (ST 2 but with OFAB). Base players: Revenants (low MA, Bonehead, but higher AV) are worse than thrallings (better MA/AG, potential for score). The difference maker is the potential for Wizard, but considering Strigs are a weaker team, I think they look balanced. Definitely worth a shot and playtesting will prove if they are good and bad enough Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the comments. I have not playtested yet, but will do some shortly.

Here are some of the relatively unique features of this race I'd like to highlight:
1: No Big Guys
2: No secret weapons
3: Best TTM ability in stunty (to date)
4: Mixture of strengths and agility across stunties
5: Unreliable and slow linos with S access
6: Limited A access
7: G access on several (although mainly ST 1) players
8: No apoth
9: Wizard access

I'm toying with the idea of making the Revenants AG1... even more unreliable then, and still fitting my conceptualization as a sturdy lumbering wall of protective undead. The downside would be that ball-handling capability would be further reduced (although they are not meant to be ball-handlers anyway, really). Thoughts?

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... not to mention the SF linos. This is something I have wanted to see for a while.

I remember when Evo played Shadow in the Necromiser's Nightmare final. Was a blast to watch all the shambling SF players.

__Synn
Crik

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

No apo/regen for the shaman and the acolytes ? that won't stand long, i mean it'll be difficult to reach a high TR. And if you do, against 2 good BGs, you wont stand long.
Just my thought.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

unique team for sure. but unfortunatelly they would be nothing but prey in the leeg.

stand firm is good combined with a future guard, but there is a ma4 and an ag2. this means the linemen only good to do assist and to be road block, bonehead just make them a bit more unreliable. (stigos need to avoid 1 2-3 times a turn to operate normaly. this team should pass at leats 6 in a turn) so the linemen by themselves dont worth a penny.

the motors of the team are the acolytes. unfortunatelly they are str1. they have the g skills, but cant smash without the help of the linemen. so they need to rely on the unreliable part of the team.

due to the shaman the team could score fairly easily with a ttm if they start the match. but then there is 15 turns left in the match, when the opponent (especially at high tr) crushes them. and if the opp starts the match i dont see the shaman to last until the 2nd half.

prove me wrong, but i think something is still missing from here.
hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Well... not to mention the SF linos. This is something I have wanted to see for a while.

Oh yeah... duh- how did I leave that off my list?! Here it is:

10: Stand Firm on linos

Crik and Kalamona bring up good points. My original plan was to give ST2 to the Acolytes, but I thought they might be too powerful given G access. However, given the lack of Big Guys, apothecary, and secret weapons... it might be a good idea for them to start with ST2. At higher TR a couple of them might have block and tackle, and with a Revenant guard or two around they should be able to take down some of the opposition.

And since the latest changes have incorporated stunty G access across teams, maybe this wouldn't be as powerful as I thought. I'll tentatively make the change to the roster, definitely interested in feedback.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

I remember when Evo played Shadow in the Necromiser's Nightmare final. Was a blast to watch all the shambling SF players.

__Synn

Yeah, it was lots of fun. I thought I'd test out the Undead Stand Firming Stunty concept during the SLEDGE. I didn't find it terribly powerful even with all those skilled up Scabs stolen from the various teams during the Necromizer's Nightmare.

Even though I've never been a huge fan of adding another Undeadling team unless it had a good solid background, I spent a bit of time doing a bit of backstory for the Event. I was always leaving the possibility open of making a push for the roster, if there was overwhelming community support.

Apparently the link to the roster we used in the final is dead. But IIRC, it was just a matter of taking the dead from the tourney and adding Regen, Stand Firm, Bonehead and taking away 1 AG. So, in essence it was the baseline player for this roster.

Since they are already part of the Stunty Leeg canon, I wouldn't have any trouble handing the background to this roster as a way to cope with its fluff heresy. As it is BrawlMart's nature to spread across the landscape like a cancer destroying Community Mom & Pop Stores (or destroying Community Created Deadling Rosters) , it would be rather simple to explain their expansion into the Leeg.

In keeping with the canonical background of the Leeg, I'd recommend that the Shaman be replaced with a Necromiser and the Revenant be renamed BrawlMart Scab. I'd ditch the Wizard and replace it with the suitably miserly and fluffy Alchemist.

That would leave the Acolytes to be redone into something that would give this roster some extra Novel mayhem.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2008 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well with all due respect, I prefer my fluff. Suggesting canonical heresy in the Stunty Leeg seems a bit silly IMO... there is no established canon. There have been a slew of recent changes to almost all Stunty races, and none were based on fluff as far as I know... balance was much more of an issue.

Regardless, I was not aware that a one-off team had been created over two years ago with similar base players, but it sounds like they were a pretty solid start for a race concept. I don't recall seeing anything like the Sepulcher Sect put forth in the forums though for Leeg consideration, although there have been many undead Stunty concepts.

If someone doesn't like my fluff, that's cool- I encourage differential conceptualization. It's just fluff, after all. Smile

Additional comments welcome!

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

evo's necromiser one-off team > anything you've come up with

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: