43 coaches online • Server time: 12:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sehou

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's time this server goes down for about 10 days. That'd cool you heads peeps. And make soap operas less of an alternative.
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm rather puzzled as to why keeping one's word and playing the games one is scheduled to play is such an offensive concept.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we stop this thread. If you want to have personal discussions please take them off this thread.
thanks,
Paul
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Strangely only the so-called dishonored ever calls for dishonorable broken words as a way of victimisation.

Get over it, nothing can you do to get my team back in this league. Work on rebuilding the league before it crumbles instead of bashing on those cherries you were planning to stomp on on your way to the top.
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Wyrm, I think you might need some help of some kind. I never asked you to stay in the league. I think you're under the assumption that I care about "stomping my way to the top." All I wanted out of a league was a regular game, which it looks like I won't get.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets look on the bright side: Most teams had 1 game played - including both that dropped. Lets get another coach, let the 2 new teams play 1 game against each other and both teams have had the same opportunities than the rest of us.

I hope everyone who intended on quitting has now and we can go on playing some nice games.
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's make that simple. I tought it was obvious but i'll explain.

I play BB to have fun (like everyone else i hope)
I joined this league cause I really love Elfbowling.
Although being unable to do anything and ending at the very bottom of the standing ladder, ain't my cup of tea.
I have fun when there is some challenge but where i stand a chance to win. This was not the case anymore.

So I had a choice:

-Stay for the other coaches to be able to have fun at my expense. Watching 5 other teams run over me every game for the purpose of letting THEM get fun...
-Leave, let them rework something for themselves and move on my things.

I chose the second. At the speed how both divisions filled up, I am CERTAIN that there are other coaches around there willing to join. Thanks for considering me unreplaceable, but i am quite sure i am not. Some also told me they were disapointed to see me leave and would have enjoyed to play me in a tournament environment. Maybe in another league, but not this environment, simply because of how things turned out to be.

Yes, this game is about luck. I had bad luck and certainly mixed with my inaptitude at coaching High Elves. Why not taking another race? They were the last left when I joined. I thought it might work out well this time, it didnt. Sorry but i am not that much of a good guy to give my time for 5-8 games for OTHER coaches to have fun while I dont because i cant win with high elves.

Does, that, explain?
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

can i get a cliffnotes version of that?

--j

ImageImage
Loki_on_NAF

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

When the going gets tough...

the tough jack it in and get the excuses ready Rolling Eyes

Jump to: