52 coaches online • Server time: 17:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Killhouse

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

After joining into a fantasy campaign an idea struck me, why don't we do the whole territory/banner idea with our bloodbowl teams?

Here's the concept. Blood Island is a penal colony where Blood Bowl stars are sent when they've fouled too much. Problem is they've built themselves into small teams and travel around killing everyone else, so other groups have to defend themselves by forming their own teams. The more territory on the island you have the more teams you have under your control(all represented by your single team), until you control the whole of Blood Island.

I can draw up a map with terrain features on it. Each team gets special bonuses for capturing certain territories if they have an objective on it. You also get special bonuses depending on what team you are for moving through the map. For instance it takes team two turns to move over a water feature, but lizard teams only one. You have an HQ, if you lose it for three consecutive turns you're out of the game. For every three teritories above your HQ you get an extra team that can take territories. If a team you control goes into a territory of another team you're not allied with then you have to play a match. A draw means you bounce off each other and go back, and a defeat means you've been scattered and sent back to your HQ.

I'm down for making and keeping up the map, but is there anyone else who's run tournaments before interested in doing this with me?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

have fun with that

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the idea man...sounds like a blast....think it would be hard to keep together...but hey if your running it I'm in Razz
Killhouse

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not hard, everything just must be PMed to me, and moves would be once a week. If I don't get them, you don't move. If you don't play a match, I pick the winner or you both bounce off. It'll probably max at 12 players to keep it a little easier.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Gonna need some definitive rules, rather than a couple of ideas. Flesh it out, and we will talk again.