40 coaches online • Server time: 16:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Happy with Kicking ?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 51 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 60

milnestar

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Two things are bugging me at the moment.

1 - Change of Weather - and the weather doesnt change. Eh ? How hard could it be to state that if weather roll equals current weather then roll again.

2 - Kicking. These guys are supposed to be professional's, I agree that accurate kicking would be difficult, but a general punt to the middle of the field bouncing 12 miles out of play is so frustrating. Especially with 1 turners out there. Could kick's scatter less ? Or like in 2nd edition punt follows the same rules as passing - the further they kick the more difficult it is.

I know it's been said before, but hey it's twisting my melons.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say, they aren't pro kickers before you get kick skill. When you get that, it's a pretty precise kick.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

IMHO

1. Change of Weather is sorta like Free Parking in Monopoly...just a nice safe "basically nothing happens" kick off. If you want a more RPG feel about "beautiful Blood Bowl weather" going from beautiful on a roll of 5 to beautiful on a roll of 9 see it as an ill wind blowin' in and something is going to happen to somebodies luck Wink

2. Proffessional kickers?!? I doubt it! Espicially with spikes all over the ball ;-)If you want a "proffessional" kicker get the Kick skill, THEN you have a kicker who does everything you ask.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

... you never moan? You're sure? Check out this thread and tell me if that's really the case.

Razz

Kicking and weather are fine as they are. It's a random aspect of the game and it helps keep it less predictable and therefore 'fresh'.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be interesting if the weather actually changed from Nice to something else on the Weather result. Even if it changes 3-4 times a game! It is rather boring and disappointing (IMO) when nothing happens. But then, for whatever reason, I don't get that result often. Usually it's always quick snap, bad kick or perfect defense. Surprised

Still it would be interesting to see it going from Nice, Blizzard, Swelting Heat, etc. Perhaps not realistic, but challenging and fun. Wink Regarding kickers.. bah, I like the randomness. It's all about calculated risks, and with Kick it's pretty easy to get it where you want it and without.. it makes you realize how quickly you should get it.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah Mojo, i clicked that link......very funny Wink
I actually had pouring rain, perfect weather and sweltering heat in a game once ;p.
I believe in the vault rules there is a few more results on the table(weather table) so if you want to know i suggest you go have a look Wink
As for the kicking.....................All i can say is i have never heard someone complain about the randomness of kicking the ball......

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! I got someone!

My work here is done.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The only possible wrong thing with kick off events (IMHO) is the random number generator doesn't seem very random. I have seen streaks of bad kicks (like 8 in a row). Not that that is not possible, just frustrating.
Although EVERY time I've rerolled a inaccurate pass on fumbbl it has rolled a 1 the second time. I think 1 is the preffered numer of the random number generator. Just look at most fanfactor rolls. Smile
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you gotta think as thou its back in the setting your playing in, whos to say that , a few wizards arnt watching the game and they are trying o change the weather, either because they are feeling a bit warm or they are cold and decide to heat things up, or they are just trying to help ther fav team out a little, as for kicking it its a spiked oval ball there really no way of telling where its gann go, but yes i agree its is a bit too random as to where it goes, and i belive 6 os prefered number on the scatter roll for kickoff's cause all my kick's scatter 6, always
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

stargzrrag wrote:
The only possible wrong thing with kick off events (IMHO) is the random number generator doesn't seem very random....

While I'm being smarmy...

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Get Kick Skill, and lap up the nice bloodbowl weather!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a game that was sweltering heat for the 1st half then changed to perfect BB weather at the start of the 2nd then switched to blizzard after 1 drive.

p.s. you also got me mrmojo
 Jump to: