26 coaches online • Server time: 04:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

DaCoach

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, seems the presents are still coming to Swampsea - starting with Borussia Rottingbadback at TV1650 is the lesser of many evils as the recovery begins Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, nice draw for the froggies. and quite a while before Hoofistan gets to enact some revenge!

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 19 rules reminder:

Hi all,

Welcome to the new season. Welcome to coaches old and new. This PM is a reminder of how OBBA runs, and how we all live together like a bunch of fecking (Father Ted!) granola eating hippies; love, peace, DP fouls and all that.

[1] Please respect the round deadlines. Each round is 10 days in length (usually). Please be ACTIVE in arranging your games. i.e. PM your opponent as soon as the round begins and begin arranging a time and day to play.

In the advent of a game not being played by the deadline, the league security officer (i.e. me) will make a decision. This may be a forfeit in favour of one team, or it may be called a draw. Extensions are sometimes given BUT ONLY IS A DATE HAS BEEN AGREED TO PLAY THE GAME. The key here is communication, both with your opponent and with me. If for some reason your opponent is unresponsive, please add me to the PM so I can see the efforts you have made to arrange the game. ALL DECISIONS BY ME ARE FINAL, and are made in the best interest of OBBA.

[2] Please respect your fellow coaches. We encourage role playing in OBBA, so if the evil chaos foul your team to death, that is because THEY ARE EVIL CHAOS - - what did you expect, teacakes and cream puffs? We encourage rivalries and smack talk in the forums, but please remember that we are having fun, so all this can be done with out BEING A DICK ABOUT IT. That\'s pretty much the key here: DON\'T BE A DICK. (NB: Dicks are fed to the Russo). O^o

[3] We really encourage coaches to become long term OBBA addicts, err, members. You\'ll note this year that a few returning coaches are in the conference with new teams, and a couple of legacy teams are back in the higher divisions. We allow coaches to take sabbaticals (due to that rumoured thing called REAL LIFE), and always makes accommodations for them to return. Even Russo, when he stops being so emo.

[4] We like fluff. Get fluffing. Fluff all you like. And then fluff some more. FLUFF ALL MENS!!!

[5] Oh, and finish the season, no matter how rubbish your team does. Or we\'ll send Russo round to your house, and NO ONE LIKES THAT.

Have a great season everyone, and if you\'ve got questions, ask me.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have Russo round my house. It needs a damn good clean and I hear he owns his own maids outfit.

Of course I will clear off to the farthest possible place imaginable first.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/i/422360

https://fumbbl.com/i/422361

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Royston

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo! Ta OH.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2014 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay Overhamster!

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2014 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

So, how's it hanging?
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MLS Season 19 state of the league after Interconference play

- (Johan) Hello, MLS fans. Johann Shark here, along with Charlie Stilettoinya. How's it going Charlie.

- (Charlie) Good, Johan. I can't wait to recap the first two weeks of action in the MLS division of OBBA. I'm so excited that OBBA has finally come to the New World!

- (Johan) Well, Charlie, let's get right to it then. And I agree, this looks to be a promising start to an exciting season. I think the New World is ready for OBBA. There's two teams with an outstanding game, but we'll cover what has happened and then finish with a predition for the remaining matchup. Let's just take the teams in order of the current standings, shall we?

Washington Scum: The orcs of Washington had a rough start in the preseason, but as everyone knows the preseason doesn't matter. Since the Interconference play kicked off, these greenskins have been nigh unstoppable. Well, ok, they actually have been unstoppable. They have a 2-0 win over the elves of Elfing KC and a 3-1 win over the skaven of Chicago Bandages, but they also add a whopping 7 CAS (all BH) to 0 and a TD Diff of 4. So they hold all the tiebreakers right now. They have some nice team development as well, with 5 skills including 2 BoBs. The only weakness I can see is they are missing 2 Blitzers, but that's something that can be remedied as the season goes on. Or it would be if the gate weren't so unkind to the Scum - 120k to 220k for their opponents. Most of what they scraped together so far went towards a 3rd reroll and an apothercary. Perhaps a fundraiser or two is in order.

Vancouver WHITE Walkers: The undead of Vancouver stumbled coming out of the gate in their first preseason game, but like the Scum have been unstoppable since then. In Interconference play they are 2-0, 4-0 in TD Diff and 4-1 in CAS Diff. Nothing flashy about these grave dwellers, just solid, consistent play week in and week out. They don't hit quite as hard as the Scum, but they do make those hits count for more and are quickly swelling their ranks with the fallen of their opponents (2 zombies so far). Skill development is at 4 including 2 Blodging Ghouls. They are solidly in 2nd place and looking to continue their dominance.

- (Charlie) These next two are mine, Johan.

LA Galaxy [OBBA MLS]: Although in 3rd place, the high elves of LA Galaxy are one of the most exciting new teams to watch. They are 4-0 including the preseason, scoring 9 TDs to only 1 TD against in those games, and holding their own in the CAS department with 3-3 but all 3 of theirs were SI to receiving 2 BH and 1 SH. As you say, only the games in the regular season count, but they are a solid 4-0 in TDs and 3-2 in CAS there. They have a league high 6 skills, with a nice spread including a Blodger a Kicker and a smattering of Dodge. They've also done very well in the gate with a whopping 210k over 4 games. This allowed them to purchase an apothecary, hire a journeyman and buy a third reroll. If they can continue avoiding being hurt too badly (1 niggling injury so far), they should do very well and we will see them in the postseason.

Seattle Pounders: The lizardmen of Seattle are the last true undefeated team with two legitimate wins in Interconference play. They only got 1 friendly game in the preseason but it doesn't seem to have put them behind the 8-ball too much. Their game against Colorado looked like a hard-fought one, but their other games have been blow-outs. They are 4-0 in regular season TDs but are getting bashed around a bit with 2-3 in CAS. They haven't suffered any permanent damage yet, and have made enough in gate to hire both an apo and another reroll. Development has been normal for a lizardman team with 4 skills, but only one on a Saurus. No surprises or stand-outs in skill choices either. A solid team that should do well going forward and will be tough to beat.

- (Johan) Great analysis, Charlie. Now we move to the middle of the pack.

Montreal Im-PACT: Technically, the chaos pact of Montreal have 6 points in the standings but only 1 true win. They may have won the arbitrarily determined forfeit, but the fans really don't like it when teams fail to play their games. Even the winner feels like they lost because of missed opportunities to gain in the tie-breakers. Still, this is an experienced team and they don't need warm-up games to stay ahead of the rest of the newer MLS teams. Their one game against Colorado was a solid 2-0 mirror match win. They got outbashed a bit, but only one player will miss any time. The team is quite well developed with 10 skills spread over 7 players including 3 2-skill players. As with our other leaders, no special skills have cropped up yet but a solid core of good young players is never a bad thing to build on. Expect Montreal to make an impact going forward.

There are three teams with at least one win - (NY G-men), humans; Houston Dynamo Rats, experienced skaven; and FC Darkness, dark elves. All three had a solid win (the rats had a very decisive 5-0 victory), and the G-men had a hard-fought draw as well. The skaven and the dark elves both suffered a rough loss, as well as some permanent damage (coincidentally both at the hands of Vancouver WIGHT Walkers). Any of these three could do well in Conference play and make a push for post-season but they'll have their work cut out for them after a sluggish start.

The next three teams only have a draw as their best performance - Columbus Death Crew, necromantic; Truchas Tantrums [OBBA MLS], nurgle; Portland Lumberjacks Utd, nurgle. Technically, Columbus Death Crew could still get a win and there are a few days left before the deadline but we did promise some predictions and we will deliver on that soon. The necro of Columbus have also suffered some bad injuries including -AG breaks on a ghoul and a wight. The nurgle haven't been beaten up too badly, nor have they performed all that badly. New nurgle teams often struggle at the start and they each have a draw on their record so they have had their moments. In addition, Truchas' loss to LA Galaxy was very nearly a draw with a pestigor dropping an accurate pass in the endzone. Their draw against the G-men was almost the exact same story and could have been a win, and they held both those teams to a single TD each. It is also worth noting that Portaland and Columbus share their draw with one another. Of these three teams, I think Truchas Tantrums are the one to watch as they develop and get some vital skills on position players, but I wouldn't count any of them out yet.

- (Charlie) And now we get to the bottom of the MLS division and our prediction for the remaining unplayed game. These remaining teams have gotten off to a rough start and have only losses on their record to show for their efforts, Johan. Here they are:

Toronto Fubar, undead with 1 loss and a game to play; Colorado Morbids, chaos pact, 2 losses; Philadelphia WAAAGH!, orc, 1 loss and 1 forfeit; Chicago Bandages Premier, skaven, 2 losses; Elfing KC, elves, 2 losses. All of these teams have either had bad luck, bad injuries, or bad breaks. It is unclear why the orcs of Philadelphia missed their game or why they suffered the forfeit, but better men than I have failed to accurately understand what goes on inside the minds' of orcs. I caught one of Elfing KC's games, the loss to LA Galaxy, and I can tell you the 0-3 score line does not paint an accurate picture of the talent of this team. The Galaxy was playing a very aggressive defense and caught KC offgaurd early in that game. KC did a good job corralling the ball downfield but some untimely bobbles on passes and catches led to two of their turnovers. I think once this team learns how to hang onto the ball, they will start putting up the wins and make it exciting to watch as well.

So Johan, it's time to make that promised prediction between Columbus Death Crew and Toronto Fubar. Although the Death Crew scraped out a draw in their first match, they paid for it dearly. The team only has 5 positionals available and are playing with a journeyman. In addition, only 1 wight and the werewolf are actually going to be able to carry the ball as the other three positionals have AG2 (the injured wight; the ghoul is sitting this game out). Toronto on the other hand has only suffered one -AG hurt ghoul who they immediately replaced. Their loss was a close 0-1 affair, and they have two skilled players including a Blodging ghoul for ball-handling. I'm going to have to go with Toronto in this game, and I'm predicting a 2-1 victory. They are hungry for revenge.

- (Johan) I agree with your insights, Charlie, but not your final prediction. Toronto may be hungry, but Columbus is playing angry. They seem oblivious to the harm being inflicted on their team and they know how to pull out all the stops. I'm calling this one a hard-fought 1-1 draw, with both teams inflicting and receiving some heavy punishment. I think Columbus may suffer a bit more, but they won't let it cause them to lose this game. Something their next opponent may be thankful for.

Well MLS fans, that's how we look as Interconference play winds down. We'll check back with you in a few weeks after we see some games in the Divisional rounds. Until then, keep kicking it!

- (Charlie) And in the words of the great Giorgio, 'They can't run very fast when they have no legs!'

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with johan for the score !!!!
jaradical

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome wrapup Cavetroll.....very nice work, and thanks for the nice little mention to my lowly Elfing KC at the bottom of the table!! Keep up the nice work thru the season.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

groovy!

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The Fubar's would like to publicly recognize Joe Bendik's efforts in our last match. This keeper (aka MUMMY) not only had the presence of mind to snag a bouncing ball out of multiple tackle zones after a 1d takedown of the ghoul ball carrier, but he also managed to awkwardly lumber his way from just past mid-field to score the games opening touchdown!

Bendik's effort made Charlie the prophet, and exposed Johan as the clueless talking head!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Woot!

And the MLS conference season begins!

Top 4 in each conference playoff for the MLS Cup!

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

*BREAKING NEWS*
(well sort of... I have taken two games to write this up)

Bladud, captain of Bath City Bladuds, veteran of 81 matches over 12 OBBA seasons, winner of 1 Killer Award, is DEAD!

Cruelly struck down in the his prime of career by the boot of Paul Carlton of the infamous Nuts n' Bolts, just 4 turns into season 19 in this 2-0 defeat.

Bladud, named for Bladud King of the Britons, festering disease monger of leprosy, is survived by almighty Nurgle and thousands of squirming bowel worms he infected the crowd with upon his demise.

His No. 1 Keeper's spot has been filled by Miss Sowflower, fresh from the Bath City Reserves tour of the ghettoes of Bristol. Good luck to her, she has big tentacles to fill.

Meanwhile, PigĂ­ssimo has taken on the captaincy and under his guidance has beaten everyone's favourite frogs Swampsea City 2-1 in Bath's 2nd match of the season.