72 coaches online • Server time: 19:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2015 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

ImageAthel Loren BBoDT 1 vs 2 Barak Varr GoldlordsImage

You can find the report here. It was a good game, certainly worth a watch/read if you have the time. The sort of match that shows why league brings the best blood bowl.
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2015 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to the Barak Varr Goldlords and coach Uzkulak to the win of the OWCC Final!

I fully agree with our 3 times champion Uzkulak. It was an entertaining and very close match.
Winni

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2015 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

In yet another widely unnoticed but exciting final match of the Kislev Plate the Icedragons from Niddhoggstad steal the plate out of the malicious hands from a very durable dark elven band from Karond Kar and finally manage to get their first title after 9 bloody seasons of OWCC mayhem.

It was also coach Winnis 1000th game!

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2015 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Winning a title in the 1000th game, very nice. Grats and grats!
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2015 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz Winni - good to see the Icedragons take a trophy - hopefully this will be one of many more to come. Nesx target - 2000 games?
Winni

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2015 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes of course, will take me another 9 years probabaly, but who cares.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
ImageAthel Loren BBoDT 1 vs 2 Barak Varr GoldlordsImage

You can find the report here. It was a good game, certainly worth a watch/read if you have the time. The sort of match that shows why league brings the best blood bowl.

A tad late but well done! It seems when the Lumberjacks come back from their much deserved holiday after sitting out the upcoming round, they have some work to do. Very Happy
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

"Have you seen my bunny?" Grimjuice asked.

The Dark Elves looked around confused.

"I said. Have you seen my bunny?!?!?" Grimjuice squealed in annoyance.

Caledor Corsair chuckled "Look at the little goblin jumping around, annoying little insect"

Grimjuice poked H'Zark in the knee and gestured for him to lean over. "Him first, make him bleed for me"

What followed can only be described as carnage as the Grimjuice Renegades tore through the delves left, right and centre cauding a mighty 2 RIPs and 2 BH.

Ripper wanting to show his master Grimjuice just how useful he was managed to score a CAS and a gret solo effort TD for the equaliser.

At the end of the match Grimjuice could be seen poking Caledor Corsair asking "Have you seen my bunny?"

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3692390

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

HERE YOU ARE the fluff blog entry for the post season tour match Foul Peak Crawlers

THIS is the match

MATCH REPORT
The report is very simple. The rats took the ball, and scored. Blitzed and scored, than took the ball and scored, and blitzed again... repeat this 5 times, for a 5-2 final result
The lack of tackle in my opponent team was enough to make me score enough touch downs and secure the game, before his best hitting ability start to work and put enough rats out of the pitch.
Even the OTT in the first was on my side, with the hand-off catch failed but after 3-4 bounce the ball went back in the one turner hands.
Also the APO worked (yes, he did), saving my precious MA 10 gutter from dead.
Skilled leap on my oneturner and the so desired juggernaut on the Rat Ogre (making the beast finally usefull in the game)
arry

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

While the rats upgrade one-turners, the old guard of group B hides at home instead of upgrading the weapons to kill one-turners. Shame on you!
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

"Oi you, yeah you, the hairy one! Have you seen my bunny?" Grimjuice asked.

He turned to Ripper.

"I don't think he understands, you try."

Ripper looks down at the chaos dwarf and says

"Ummmm, the master wants to know if you have seen his bunny? It's white and smells a little funky. If he doesn't find his bunny soon he's going to hurt me again....."

Once again there was no response from the Chaos Dwarf.

"I hurt little green man-thing master" Sunder said.

Suddenly excited Grimjuice ran to the fallen Hobgoblin and poked his unconscious body.

"Have you seen my bunny?"

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3694516

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

"YEEEEEES !" screamed Lil Garamar, the Mad Genius, The Maker of Dumb Things, the Genuine 4rr Ingeneer.

Finally his plans worked. Frog didnt work. They were probably to clever to play srious bloodbowl. Or the death of their leader in a prep game was too much. The first game of the chaos dwarves agaisnt greenskins was not such a failure but did not worked as planned either.

But now those filthy rat and goblin bunny lover crumbled under the sheer genius of his ideas ! It was so simple : just dont fail ! The dumbest the better he learned, cause nobody expects it.

Still there was some thing to work. Maybe a invisible armor for the hobgobelin who fell like mothes at soem point. And some little gun on the dwarves gauntlet to make them more violents.

"Yeeeees yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes...." was he madly mummbling when he passed in front of his team.

"Coach ?" asked softly Cotto, under the threat of his fellow teamates. "What do ...."

"BRILLANT ! BRAVO ! Now, to work !" was the brief shout from their coach. And without a look back he disapeared in his "secret" lab.

"Well." said Molari "I guess it's self training again... When do we tell him we don't really use his little toys ?"

Only silent answered him.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

"Have you seen my bun.....heeeeey! You look like my pet Ripper!" Grimjuice exclaimed

"Hey Ripper look, they are just as ugly as you. Ripper? Why are you rolling around on the floor like that? Get up you big oaf, you need to help me find my bunny"

"Sunder! What's wrong with Ripp..... What happened to Sunder?"

Grimjuice looked around and suddenly noticed the carnage that lay on the pitch.

The next 10 minutes were spent walking around the pitch, poking bodies and asking "Have you seen my bunny?"

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3694551

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2015 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

We're pleased to announce that the draft results for Season X are now in, but before that, there is a quick announcement from the OWCC Committee:

Undead Invasion!

In an unprecedented move, next season there will be three Undead teams (six if you count the Khemri and Necromantic teams!), instead of the usual limit of two. This is to honour the first ever winner of the OWCC, the Sylvania Walkers, for the league's tenth anniversary. We are aware that there are certain rumours flying around, and we would like to firmly deny that the recent election of a necromancer on to the executive committee has anything to do with this decision.

We would like to deny even more firmly that this is due to a bone-headed administrative error on our part.

And now, on to...
The Draft
This was one of the politest drafts ever in the OWCC, as the two elven Conference champions met up to discuss the fairest way of splitting the leagues up. There was no fighting, very little beer drunk, and the cleaners that usually have the job of clearing up the draft hall after they are finished got to go home early. Here is what they decided...

Round 1
Doom Glade Swamp-Risers drafted to Bretonnia.
Turov's Infected stay in Albion.
Diseased Wasters automatically transferred to Bretonnia.

Since the two drafters were the only teams of their race in the draft, there were no automatic placements to be made at the beginning, which left the largest draft board in OWCC history to choose from. The first move from Athel Loren was to draft the newly promoted Undead team, the Doom Glade Swamp-Risers, to Bretonnia. In return, the Elves of Albion chose to keep Turov's Infected in Albion next season, sending the Diseased Wasters over to Bretonnia.

Round 2
Marienburg Magpies transferred to Bretonnia.
Castle Drachenfels stay in Albion.
Scalded Delta Dogz automatically stay in Bretonnia.

In the next round, the BBoDT Captain transferred the Marienburg Magpies over to Bretonnia for their first season in that Conference. Meanwhile, the Albion Captain stuck with their plan of distributing the doubled-up races by keeping Castle Drachenfels in Albion (and the Scalded Delta Dogz therefore stay in Bretonnia).

Round 3
Arkhan Faraohs transferred to Bretonnia.
Foul Peak Crawlers drafted to Albion.

Athel Loren continued their strategy of bringing in new talent to Bretonnia by transferring the Arkhan Faraohs from Albion. The Pro Elves took this opportunity to draft one of the new teams from Kislev, the Foul Peak Crawlers (who along with the Swamp-Risers competed in the Playoffs last season, impressing enough people to be promoted despite finishing last).

Round 4
Western Raiders Oblast Emsk drafted to Bretonnia.
Gotland Gorers stay in Albion.
Wasteland Vagabonds automatically stay in Bretonnia.

The last new Kislev team was picked up in the fourth round, as the second-placed Western Raiders Oblast Emsk were drafted into the new look Bretonnia Conference. Next, the Gotland Gorers were re-signed for the Albion Conference (where they didn't do too well last season), keeping the Wasteland Vagabonds over in Bretonnia.

Round 5
Palinam Diadochi stay in Bretonnia.
Lahmia Undead United drafted to Albion.

There are a few familiar faces in Bretonnia thanks to automatic draft picks, but Palinam Diadochi were the first team that the Wood Elves chose to keep in their division from last season. In return, the Pro Elves drafted a returning team, Lahmia Undead United, back to the Albion Conference where they had previously spent 3 of their 4 seasons (the 4th was in Kislev).

Round 6
Serpents Coast Scavengers stay in Bretonnia.
Nidhoggstad Icedragons stay in Albion.

The two teams holding Royal Pardons were drafted in the sixth round. First, Athel Loren used their last pick to keep the Serpents Coast Scavengers in Bretonnia, and then the Nidhoggstad Icedragons were kept in Albion by the Elves of Albion. Both will have the opportunity to switch conferences later on, though, if they choose to.

Round 7
Frostheim United transferred to Albion.
Barak Varr Goldlords transferred to Albion.
Remnants of Kriegfeld transferred to Albion.

Since the Elves of Albion had spent most of the draft sending teams automatically to Bretonnia, they ended up with far fewer teams, so had three unanswered picks at the end of the drafting process. They didn't have a choice, but these picks meant that three teams were transferred over to Albion this season: Frostheim United (a regular Bretonnia Conference team, with 5 out of their 6 seasons spent there), the Barak Varr Goldlords (who have won the Albion Conference on three separate occasions), and the Remnants of Kriegfeld (the third Undead team, who used their Royal Pardon last season to transfer away to Bretonnia but who have now returned).

Royal Pardons
Nidhoggstad Icedragons switch to Bretonnia
Diseased Wasters switch to Albion

With the regular draft finished, the two teams with Royal Pardons considered their positions. The Serpents Coast Scavengers decided they were happy where they were, storing their favour for a future draft. However, the Nidhoggstad Icedragons wanted out of Albion, and sent the Diseased Wasters back the other way (the second season in a row where the Diseased Wasters have been drafted to Bretonnia, but then sent back to Albion by a last minute switch). Once again, there will be plenty of Nurgle in Albion...

After the draft, this is how the two conferences look:

Albion
Elves of Albion
Barak Varr Goldlords
Castle Drachenfels
Diseased Wasters
Foul Peak Crawlers
Frostheim United
Gotland Gorers
Lahmia Undead United
Remnants of Kriegfeld
Turov's Infected

Bretonnia
Athel Loren BBoDT
Arkhan Faraohs
Doom Glade Swamp-Risers
Marienburg Magpies
Nidhoggstad Icedragons
Palinam Diadochi
Scalded Delta Dogz
Serpents Coast Scavengers
Wasteland Vagabonds
Western Oblast Raiders Emsk

What are your thoughts on the draft? Are you where you want to be? Do you think everyone got their strategy right? Let us know!

As you've probably seen, we are still looking for one new Kislevite team to join, and then we can start Season X (as always, if you know anyone who might be interested, send them my way). In the meantime, continue to play friendlies if you'd like - I'll issue a 24 hour warning before the end of the post-season tour.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2015 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

WOW! Dorfs, cdorfs, chaos, necro, 2 x nurgle and 2 x undead, completed by skaven and the champion pro elves, that's who is going to compete in Albion next season. If that's not bash-heavy I don't know what is. No surprise at all that the Icedragons chose to switch to Bretonnia which seems to be a less deadly place these days.

In Bretonnia we will have great variety - 10 different races are going to fight for the top spots. I hope especially the teams that were drafted to Bretonnnia are happy about the choices and look forward to another interesting season.

Thanks for the write-up Gjopie!
 Jump to: