18 coaches online • Server time: 02:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

How to get games?
Think of a type of "live scheduler" where you drop in X amount of your teams (this has been proposed before), and when the scheduler has gathered enough teams to produce a set of match-ups satisfying the Suitability threshold, it spits out a set of match-ups. The more teams you drop into the scheduler, the faster you will get a game.

If the scheduler isn't happy about the current set of activated teams, it will still try to schedule every 15 minutes like the current box scheduler. It would take some time for people to learn to use this new mode of getting games of course.

I have a feeling this kind of league simulator is a viable way of making the BB16 league rules work in an open division environment, while still providing the frequent match-making of Gamefinder/Box Scheduler.

If you don't like this idea, that's fine, but I would be grateful to hear any constructive feedback on the system.

(I haven't read all 31 pages of this thread, so pardon me if you already suggested similar ideas Smile)

People probably won't want to end season after 5-8 games.

It sounds like a user base split. How quickly would they get games?

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Again, I ask since nobody answered.

1. Do CRP games retroactively count for seasons?

2. Do we get a 0 Season to accrue cash etc to rebuy our teams for Season 1 or are we forced to rebuy our teams prior to playing even one season in the theorized B and R?
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

@Balle2000

Holy cow man, I love your passion to make a new div. I really do. Your idea has merits and I think using seasons, a Tier approach similar to Euro football could work. I think that idea would work great if we brought back faction.

Tier the Faction Div out, only coaches who are serious about it would join. Throw in some tournaments, fluff and prizes for these new faction teams would attract a lot of the serious Tournament only coaches. It would also attract the League coaches who like a structured, goal orientated environment, that has Open play instead of scheduled match play.

Now the details you laid out and my ideas, well, no need to go into that. It is an idea that needs to be fleshed out but it has merits.

Do not make a new div or split up R/B. Just reinvent Faction and bring it back.

Leave Box/Ranked as they are with no season and all the other optional BB2016 rules and let see how it falls out.

Last edited by PainState on %b %03, %2016 - %00:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

Most likely, NO.

mrt1212 wrote:
2. Do we get a 0 Season to accrue cash etc to rebuy our teams for Season 1 or are we forced to rebuy our teams prior to playing even one season in the theorized B and R?

Once again most likely no. That does bring up the question of how will Christer deal with all the teams and their current treasury level? Will he reset every team to 0 gold with what ever choice he makes if he implements seasons into R/B.

This also has implications on League teams also.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

A1: It was just an arbitrary number. But people probably won't mind playing an 8 game season upon team creation would they? It's probably longer than your average TT season. A good place to start I thought...
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably not, mrt1212, but just guessing.

As an idea of what might happen ...

Old players could come into their 1st season, from 0 to 600+ games, and then the team gets a full season. It's not the player's number of games anyway, it's a function of the team completing a season, and old teams have never played a season.

Treasuries could roll expensive mistakes after their next game, right through to the end of the season. Tournament entry could add treasury to TW.

As our grandfathered LRB4 Ogre teams have various limits for majors now, so could grandfathered LRB6 teams, limited in whatever way make them similar to new teams. If new teams peaked around 2200 TW or so, you could just cap LRB6 teams at 2200 TW (including treasury) for the Majors. They'll look a bit different to new teams, and re-buy a bit cheaper for a couple times, but not too much.

--

But that's all wild speculation. There's lots of ways to do it, but that would seem to work well enough for everyone: letting new teams get competitive and letting grandfathered teams continue playing without instantly destroying them after one season.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Leave Box/Ranked as they are with no season and all the other optional BB2016 rules and let see how it falls out.

Thanks.

I purposefully left out the R/B politics, because it creates too much noise. So much that it almost puts a total straight-jacket on talks of innovation.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
koadah wrote:

A1: It was just an arbitrary number. But people probably won't mind playing an 8 game season upon team creation would they? It's probably longer than your average TT season. A good place to start I thought...

But this ain't TT. Wink

If we wanted that kind of thing we'd be playing [L]. Wink

I've probably told you before... Wink
I see it mainly as an attrition thing. So, I don't really want to have to worry about seasons until after 20-30 games. Anything else is going to get irritating.

Balle2000 wrote:
PainState wrote:

Thanks.

I purposefully left out the R/B politics, because it creates too much noise. So much that it almost puts a total straight-jacket on talks of innovation.

Ignoring R & B probably doesn't work. If they carry on as they were your new div probably won't get the numbers.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I see it mainly as an attrition thing. So, I don't really want to have to worry about seasons until after 20-30 games.

Maybe I didn't manage to get my idea across.

The 1st season, when your team is spanking new and 1000+, could be short. Then number of games would increase as you promote to higher tiers/divisions.

Or are you not referring to my suggestion, but rather discussing the "best" number of games for a possible default Fumbbl Season? A worthwhile endeavour too of course.

Sidenote: 20-30 games sounds like you would eliminate attrition all together? But I haven't done the math.

koadah wrote:
Ignoring R & B probably doesn't work. If they carry on as they were your new div probably won't get the numbers.

Having a conversation about how to implement BB16 Seasons the best way, does not need to involve other divisions.

Having two very separate conversations on top of each other will cripple both of them.

1) How can we implement BB16 Seasons in Fumbbl open play?

separate discussion

2) What are the implications of the new rules on the current divisional structure?

Best to keep them a part.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Perpetual open play is GONE.

This is your opinion. And might be best to discuss in a separate thread. We obviously have a choice whether it's gone or not. If you start that thread, you might also answer why you want to remove a playing environment (perpetual play) that so many like.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
koadah wrote:
I see it mainly as an attrition thing. So, I don't really want to have to worry about seasons until after 20-30 games.

Maybe I didn't manage to get my idea across.

The 1st season, when your team is spanking new and 1000+, could be short. Then number of games would increase as you promote to higher tiers/divisions.

Or are you not referring to my suggestion, but rather discussing the "best" number of games for a possible default Fumbbl Season? A worthwhile endeavour too of course.

Sidenote: 20-30 games sounds like you would eliminate attrition all together? But I haven't done the math.

Generally, I'd probably like a longer first season then shorter later seasons to manage TV the way the commish wants it.

Until we've played it we don't really know that we need it. We may just find that though people could go to 3000TV no one actually does.

To be honest I'm rapidly losing enthusiasm for this new rule set. All I wanted was a little CPOMB nerf. Mr. Green
I was intending to play a little Box. But not if it is going to be more trouble than it's worth.

Balle2000 wrote:

koadah wrote:

Having a conversation about how to implement BB16 Seasons the best way, does not need to involve other divisions.

Having two very separate conversations on top of each other will cripple both of them.

1) How can we implement BB16 Seasons in Fumbbl open play?

separate discussion

2) What are the implications of the new rules on the current divisional structure?

Best to keep them a part.

1. Covered that.

2. Probably best to keep it the same.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

I think 20k is a low estimate for each game income. 25k is probably a good median number. 30k is what a good elf team would get in average. 35k for a very good bash team. Bash teams would most likely get more on average, because the number of casualties is usually higher than the number of touchdowns in a game.

Let's say it's 25k for a game. And you have 200k in gold.
Then 20 games would be 500k.

so 1 milion + 200k + 500k for 20 games. Total= 1700 TV. NOT A LOT.
even with 35k per game, it would be 1900k out of 20 games. NOT A LOT.

Move up to 30 games. Same cash in the bank.
25k per game would be now 750k, for a total of 1950 TV. Big but not huge.
35k per game would be 1050k. Going to 2250 TV. That's HUGE, but still within the realm of what we already have. Not many teams could get there.
It means getting in average 5 cas and touchdowns. That sounds pretty high as an average.

It would be the skyrocket high mark.

Above that mark i think it's going to be pretty useless to even implement seasons.

It's hard to define a 'right number' of games, because it's SO based on performance.

Anyway, not rewarding wins means anyone could get high tv.
Just score faster if you're an elf, and bash harder if you're a basher.

It changes the meta around the game, it wouldn't change the game itself.

Last edited by Uedder on %b %03, %2016 - %02:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

Well, that's one of the calls that need to be made. Who are you asking this to? What would you like it to be?

If I were to rule on this (and gladly I'm not) the answers would be:
1) NO
2) Season 0 for CRP teams. I'd probably get everyone's bank to 200k tho.

EDIT: MAX 200k bank ofc.

Last edited by Uedder on %b %03, %2016 - %02:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree that 30 game seasons would put us comfortably in around the area where Fumbbl games usually are played. It's also just that long that the game limit is not actually overly restrictive (you need around 20 games to build a team up to pretty much any height)... yet it is just short enought to sorta bring teams back to earth that have been living on the high end for too long for somebody else to compete...
kummo

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

About that Balle's tier-league. What happens when one team doesn't play in a looooong time. Does thah team drop automatically, does he stay, does it depend on win% and is it win% of the current (recently finished 1) season or win% of all seasons?
 Jump to: