19 coaches online • Server time: 07:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Amir

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed around the place players with "healed" or recipient of potion. Is this an actual thing that gets rid of injuries and if so how do I acquire it? I'm asking specifically for ranked division.
Motskari

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help/HealingPotion
Amir

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Smile. Unfortunately it would seem my injured thrower is just going to have to live with his wounds. Sad
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't worry about it! Most of the people who have potions still will probably never use them, because the circumstances that "demand" it are very rare - a favourite player simply isn't "good enough" a trade off for something you may never see again (wheras skill rolls can be replicated), the situation has to call for it (eg. getting that player back for a tournament final might qualify).

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

This guy is getting fairly close now to being my first Fumbbl legend. If he gets there, I will use my potion on him, as he will have earned it Wink

I think some were given out at game 2 million, for those that had played a game between game 1 million and game 2 million. That's how I got mine.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

well, I used mine on a player who may not be the best, but simply is a lot of fun and kind of defines the team. I don't regret it
kummo

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess op was talking about his human thrower with +AG, Accurate, Strong Arm, Safe Throw, Nerves Of Steel but -ma

Sure.. he is slow now.. but if you keep him as a passer he can do stuff from quite far back. Sure sometimes you need that one more step to avoid interceptions.. but i think that that player isn't worth potion.

Well, the player is but the injury isn't. He is fiiiiiine even with that -ma (imo)
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Potion is for debog only
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 12:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I have used one, and it was to recover a player for a semi final of a Major. Really it was to remove the missing, it also happened to add back a -ag, but as it was to a str4 beard with Break Tackle, that wasnt really the issue.

I still have 2 more potions, and a sponge that I have yet to find uses for.

In almost all circumstances, even with several in stock, they just beg not to be used.

After all, Christer gives out new pixels for free.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I used one of mine on this goblin Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
I guess op was talking about his human thrower with +AG, Accurate, Strong Arm, Safe Throw, Nerves Of Steel but -ma

He built Troy Aikman! Smile
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be interesting to see a list somewhere of all the potion recipients. As in, players on which they have been used.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Malmir

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I used mine to cure -str on a str6 bull. he died a while after but I don't regret the use of it. Pointless it just sitting there for ever.
Amir

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2017 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Its interesting hearing peoples thoughts and seeing which player they've put potions on.
 Jump to: