14 coaches online • Server time: 05:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2019 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I know the fumbbl code of conduct forbids this, that's a recent addition that is maybe noble but a bit naive. It's just a fact of life in online games. It's not policeable imho, and an increasing number of people are streaming their games, which is to the benefit of the hobby. Anyway, you've flagged it up, it's up to the admins now but hopefully sense prevails.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2019 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Code of conduct for NAF tournaments:
-Ask opponent if its ok if you stream.
-ask opponent to join you in voice chat
-have a good time

Coaching can obviously not be policed, but it should be clear that even this is a team tournament coaching in an idividual game except going for tie/win is not allowed.
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2019 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I hop on and suggest fouling at all times? Because fouling is amazing.
Joemanji

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2019 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see the problem. Andy's opponent can tune in to the stream and gain much more valuable information about what he's trying to do than Andy can get from chat. If anything streaming is a net detriment, even before you consider having to concentrate on extra stuff.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Joemanji wrote:
I don't see the problem. Andy's opponent can tune in to the stream and gain much more valuable information about what he's trying to do than Andy can get from chat. If anything streaming is a net detriment, even before you consider having to concentrate on extra stuff.

This, plus as someone who actually watched his stream live, the only advice he acted on was all client related - how to mark players etc.

I don't think Andy Davo is really going to listen to anyone telling him how to play DE in his chat unless they're called kfoged, Purplegoo etc. And even then, anyone of reasonable confidence in their own ability will still make their own play. If anything he's wasting his own time listening to poorer plays most of the time, or being distracted from his own overlying strategy (the best particular "move" in a turn may not actually suit his plan for the game).

While I do think it's polite to ask etc, we should bear in mind streaming is basically free publicity/promotion for the site/tournament in question, and turning it into a bureaucratic tangle just increases the likelihood nobody streams.

[edit] Also in a world where we can communicate via phone/whatsapp/discord in-game, or use samba, if you really wanted to cheat you would not stream it.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2019 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I concur with those statements on that streaming is overall a good thing and more difficult for the coach to concentrate on his game.

BTW, I came across this thread in my search for a World Cup Practice league. I would prefer non-scheduled but would be interested in scheduled play.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I lost most of my searching skills on fora since 'social media' happened :$

Jump to: