39 coaches online • Server time: 09:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2019 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ran out of words. We now have a confirmation that lizardmen will be getting a new skink type player separate from the regular skinks. How do you think the new skinks will be different?
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/29/coming-soon-grym-watchers-abominable-intelligence-sporty-saurus-and-an-action-figure/
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2019 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Reinventing the cup of tea; no longer tea, sugar, water and milk. Now it contains tea , water, lower Mongolian plain Yak fat, Nepalese otter milk, Spa water from a fallen star and sugars taken from a unborn star fruit.

It's a cup of ****ing tea, leave it alone!
Prez

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2019 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup have to agree with HM

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2019 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I prefere coffey! And two refills is enough nomatter build :/

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2019 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Putting Nepalese otter milk in your tea isn't necessarily a bad thing. It might be really tasty. The only way to know is to embrace change and give it a spin.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2019 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

selfy_74 wrote:
Putting Nepalese otter milk in your tea isn't necessarily a bad thing. It might be really tasty. The only way to know is to embrace change and give it a spin.

I don't have a problem with that per say.....if I can have my regular tea and try Nepalese otter milk tea as well.

However taking away my regular tea and replacing it with Nepalese otter milk tea when regular tea works so well....it's this new outlook on the world, where everything needs to be changed for change sake.

I really liked the old warhammer (before they cyberpunked it) army books. The regular list and in the back alternative lists that you need permission to use. That system would be perfect for this new Nepalese otter milk tea outlook. You need my permission before dropping it next to my teabag!
DeeKay

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2019 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The Halfling ones added a bit more variety to the team without too much fuss, why so much ado with the Lizardman team? Is it a concern that the new positional makes what is an already powerful team better? I'm not so sure. From what little we already know, the Chameleon Skink will be slower than the standard Skinks and may have a ball handling skill. Depending on the cost, people might not even want to take it.

I'd wait and see before moaning about new positionals and the options they give to players. Hell, with all the new stuff in Blood Bowl so far, I'm excited to see what Vampire teams could get!

With regards,
Dan.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2019 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

DeeKay wrote:
The Halfling ones added a bit more variety to the team without too much fuss, why so much ado with the Lizardman team?

I kind of felt the same about the flings, however maybe they needed a bit of variety.

My problem is 2 fold:

1: There's an assumption here the lizardman roster is a bit boring, due to 2 positions and a big guy. This isn't actually the case. It's a very interesting roster. More positionals doesn't mean more interesting roster.

2: They're tampering a lot with roster design. For what reason exactly? The initial premise of the original rosters was to make race descriptions based off of what these players would really be like on a football field. A lot of the more modern additions really do forget the original premise.

I'm not saying it doesn't work. Like for example the stunty division has a totally different design ethics to what the official game has. However, I don't think the 2 should be mixed. For me it feels like mixing darleks and doomdivers. It muddies the fantasy universe a bit by not having a clear player design ethic (and please don't link garek's list of 'oks' and 'not oks'). I think there should be the option to say 'no'.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2019 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe more positionals doesn't necessarily mean more interesting roster, but it could mean more variety.
As long as the new players fit the race background and are not either overpowered and gamebreaking or utterly useless to the point nobody uses them, I think their addition is positive.
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2019 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I, for one, welcome our new chameleon overlords.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2019 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I was very skeptical after a previous article that chamelon skinks would really be an extra player type. But it seems they are!
So in Warhammer they are meant to be hunters and they use poisoned darts. These models don't have darts so it is not quite the same.
As normal skinks are referred to as speedy maybe these chameleons are slightly slower.
Perhaps move 7, but with shadowing and another skill. Shadowing reflecting the sneaking around and following prey. Whether the other skill is for combat or ball is hard to say. Is the model with the ball in tongue one of the chameleons? If yes..perhaps diving catch? Sure Hands or extra arm (tongue) would seem too powerful. As would normal access.

7 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Shadowing, diving catch - 70K.

Something like that would be a bit pricey but one of them could be a nice option.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2019 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

8237 Stab Shadow dodge stunty 90k. 0-2 on a team.
Like the DE assassin, but decent with the tools, so not really like assassin. Cool fig with weird eyes.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2019 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I see the use of the "sneakiness" and wonder if it will be a fouling positional.. Dirty Player / Sneaky Git. But outside of goblins, I have never seen fouling promoted in a positional skill set.
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2019 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Says 'sneaky', sneaky git?