47 coaches online • Server time: 15:20
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 3D Printable Free Te...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post 2nd Season 1350 TV M...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka



Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2021 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Mingoose wrote:
I'm sorry you're not a good enough coach to stop a bash team from 2 turn scoring on you.


You are right, I'm not a good enough coach, only top 1 overall with Wood Elves:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&d=0&r=61

Trying to debate with you is futile. You lack understanding of game.
Mingoose



Joined: Jul 28, 2016

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2021 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Mingoose wrote:
I'm sorry you're not a good enough coach to stop a bash team from 2 turn scoring on you.


You are right, I'm not a good enough coach, only top 1 overall with Wood Elves:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&d=0&r=61

Trying to debate with you is futile. You lack understanding of game.


Lulz, try understanding a joke big fella!

As for handicapping, it is clear your sole purpose in playing BB is to game your CR. Which is fine you do you. You should be able to game CR just fine in the new rules format as well so your apple cart remains unturned. Outside of CR, the FF related TV does actually impact the meta, because you will roll into harder games with even a few extra TV bumps, and if the FF difference is 5 it is a free inducement. I liked that FF had this impact on better players (and this benefit for worse players). I won't cry about it though, it wasn't a *huge* part of the mechanics, just a nice little addition.
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2021 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I'm a not fan of BB2020 ruleset either but you should look at the bright side of it:

- Kick-Off events nerf;
- Clawmb nerf;
- 1TTD nerf (max MA is 9);
- Leap nerf;
- Passing nerf (PA stat makes passing worse for slow bash teams, which with the current ruleset benefit greatly from having an AG 4 player able to carry the ball and pass it easily (relatively speaking); that means that, in theory, you don't need to stall for 8 turns vs teams without a dedicated thrower, 7 turns could suffice (especially if you have a Kicker);
- some skills are not so bad (Pro has been improved, Brawler is nice for Big Guy/ST 5 players without G access).
- some rosters have been improved (Khemri, Humans, Necro, Orcs come to mind);
- new rosters add some variety to the game;
- multiple rr per turn: I remember more than 1 game lost due to rolling a double skull on opening block and then failing another easy roll later on the same turn;
- Fan Factor (Dedicated Fans in BB2020) not counting anymore in the TV.


Is that the cons list? I think you left a pro or two in there by mistake.

_________________
Image
[SL] Rookie Rumble - New teams ONLY - ALWAYS recruiting
MattDakka



Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2021 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Bright side = pros.
I don't think BB2020 is super good but I find it brings some positive changes.


Last edited by MattDakka on Jul 21, 2021 - 18:31; edited 1 time in total
Mingoose



Joined: Jul 28, 2016

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2021 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Bright side = pros.


Mingoose wrote:

Lulz, try understanding a joke big fella!
MattDakka



Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2021 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I need a joke-detector! Razz
JackassRampant



Joined: Feb 26, 2011

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Amateurs:

11 linemen: 550k
3 re-rolls: 150k
Apothecary: 50k
600k for skills or agent fees. Should be enough to bring back 4 players if I don't return the ballers.

_________________
Focus not on things you can't control, like bad dice. Focus instead on things under your power, like how far you flip the table.
gamelsetlmatch



Joined: Mar 05, 2013

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Its going to be tricky redrafting the first time with a budget dependent on wins, ties and bank account but I get a feeling that each time we have to redraft, that budget could become even more tricky having to win and save cash with a basically new team lol
How will our teams even be matched up during the 15 games? By team value? ..games? ..CR?

_________________
Stargate!
Image
“In our play we reveal what kind of people we are.”
Kondor



Joined: Apr 04, 2008

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Its going to be tricky redrafting the first time with a budget dependent on wins, ties and bank account but I get a feeling that each time we have to redraft, that budget could become even more tricky having to win and save cash with a basically new team lol
How will our teams even be matched up during the 15 games? By team value? ..games? ..CR?


With the implementation of new inducements, I hope matchups are purely random. It would add much needed variety and it would be easier to get matches at odd hours.
Chivite



Joined: Sep 04, 2017

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

could tie teams up based on games played/redraft cycles? im sure a minmax redrafted team will be stupidly strong compared to someone on their first draft
MerryZ



Joined: Nov 28, 2005

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Chivite wrote:
could tie teams up based on games played/redraft cycles? im sure a minmax redrafted team will be stupidly strong compared to someone on their first draft


I do hope it will be something like this.
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Its going to be tricky redrafting the first time with a budget dependent on wins, ties and bank account but I get a feeling that each time we have to redraft, that budget could become even more tricky having to win and save cash with a basically new team lol
How will our teams even be matched up during the 15 games? By team value? ..games? ..CR?


That is a big part of the reason that I am out.

I don't like seasons anyway, but I'm definitely not going to be giving teams that had a bad season, much less rebuy cash than a team that had a great season.

_________________
Image
[SL] Rookie Rumble - New teams ONLY - ALWAYS recruiting
Mingoose



Joined: Jul 28, 2016

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:


I don't like seasons anyway, but I'm definitely not going to be giving teams that had a bad season, much less rebuy cash than a team that had a great season.


What I have read here is that FUMBBL will pay you minimum 1150k for showing up, and an extra 10k per win and TD. I can’t imagine a season worse than 10 total TD/wins, so in that case you are at 1250k. You need to exit the season with 100k in the bank to get a full redraft. New payout rules make income fairly stable, and that shouldn’t be an issue.

If you get shut out for all 15 games and gamble your treasury away at the squig races, I guess you may end up with less than the 1350k, but even then in the worst case you are drafting a new team with 1150k, so an additional 150k from where you started.
Chivite



Joined: Sep 04, 2017

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually quite like the redraft. 1350 is so doable by most standards, and its not like a team that has an aweful series of games gets many games after that in the current ruleset, redraft allows you to keep that cool teamname and logo you made and to rehire those few players that survided and the rest is rookies instead of loners. superb
koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mingoose wrote:
koadah wrote:


I don't like seasons anyway, but I'm definitely not going to be giving teams that had a bad season, much less rebuy cash than a team that had a great season.


What I have read here is that FUMBBL will pay you minimum 1150k for showing up, and an extra 10k per win and TD. I can’t imagine a season worse than 10 total TD/wins, so in that case you are at 1250k. You need to exit the season with 100k in the bank to get a full redraft. New payout rules make income fairly stable, and that shouldn’t be an issue.

If you get shut out for all 15 games and gamble your treasury away at the squig races, I guess you may end up with less than the 1350k, but even then in the worst case you are drafting a new team with 1150k, so an additional 150k from where you started.


Ah, yes. Apologies. I keep forgetting this stuff. Maybe because I've no intention of playing with a 1350 cap.

I don't think that we are getting anything for TDs though. I think that is BB2016 rules.

_________________
Image
[SL] Rookie Rumble - New teams ONLY - ALWAYS recruiting
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic