42 coaches online • Server time: 16:39
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Am I the only one wh...goto Post Gamefinder 2.0 feedb...goto Post NEW GLN Issue #18 Su...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2022 - 06:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

SWL XCI Premier
Game 3: GreySquirrel's Human "Ostland Horns"Image

Turn 5:

<ramchop> this is horrific
I didn't actually say that this time, but things were progressing in a similar fashion to the first half of last game. Three BOrcs off the pitch and the Troll too.

Let's skip ahead to the end of the match before returning to the Houdini act...

My last turn of the game, no rerolls left. A 4+ dodge to stop the score

Woodridge starts a Blitz Action.
Woodridge targets Felix Bressart.
Dodge Roll [ 3 ]
Woodridge trips while dodging.

Never has a whistle sounded so good. And the Houdini act of Turn 5? Clearly, the less said about this game the better.

Full Time: 0-4 (0/2/0 - 2/2/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 06, 2022 - 22:42
FUMBBL Staff

SWL XCI Premier
Game 4: Bobs' Orc "Dirrty Duzzin"Image

There are Fun coaches and then there are "Fun" coaches.

Fun coaches are great, they bring an amazing spirit to the game. Typified by a chuckle, a laugh that can't help but make you smile. A gleam in the eye of pure enjoyment. Sure they might bring strange builds, low tier, silly stars. But they understand what this means. They'll play hard and will enjoy the game win or lose, and this attitude is infectious. You'll lose to them sometimes and when you do you'll be happy for them. The Fun coaches.

"Fun" coaches are a blight. The type who begin an encounter with "If I cared about winning, I wouldn't bring goblins". The fa├žade often crumbles after a couple of turns when things don't go well. These are the people who moan, and I mean really moan about dice. The type who will concede or click through a game against the only international visitor at a table top tournament. The person who will quit the game multiple times "never to return", place his team under the front wheel of their car and drive back and forth over it. "Fun"

Where is this going?

I brought Morg.
Spent a significant portion of my treasury on a nuclear warhead. If I wasn't going to win this game against the reigning SWL Champ, at least I'd have Fun doing it. "Fun"

Man I was on tilt when things went badly this game. I hope it didn't show through in the chat. It's one thing about FUMBBL that is a blessing. Throw your laptop against the wall in a fit of rage and your opponent will never know (well, maybe, if you don't have a spare laptop).

SWL is my ultracompetitive league and I need to treat it with that level of respect. I'd love to be a Fun coach, but I won't let myself be a "Fun" coach.

Black Orcs will take a bit more thought than just kill all mens. It's a puzzle that Morg won't solve, but one I'll spend the time on to at least try to find most of the pieces. The GGs will get to 100 games (yes, I'm a masochist too).

Full Time: 0-3 (0/1/0 - 1/0/0)

Bobs has an interesting team build. Maybe if I get to Prem again I'll discuss it in our next encounter.
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 14, 2022 - 10:57
FUMBBL Staff

SWL XCI Premier
Game 5: JPMs' Underworld "Styx and Warpstones"Image

Ha! This? This is nothing. You should see the other guy.

Full Time: 0-2 (0/0/1 - 2/1/1)
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 21, 2022 - 10:51
FUMBBL Staff

SWL XCI Premier
Game 6: Miyuso's Tomb Kings "Ophidian Infidels"Image

"Khemri-an-elfing"

A line in the first four editions of
12 days of Christmas - a FUMBBL carol

But not the 2021 edition? Why not? Maybe a slick Khemri passing play would come 5 months too late, and secure me an undesired last place in Prem?

Nope.

I'm still not playing so good. After collecting the ball, the blodge goblin was left wide open for a Tackle Blitz-ra hit. Nuffle saved me.
Image Image
and Miyuso decided not to reroll it.
Goblins were also blessed with a very good dodging game, Tomb Guardians cursed with many skulls and both downs.

But I'll happily take this one.

Full Time: 2-0 (0/2/0 - 2/1/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2022 - 23:31
FUMBBL Staff

SWL XCI Premier
Game 7: JamesDSF's Necromantic "Turbo Wolves"Image

A massive game for both ends of the table.

Despite suffering huge casualties this season (Cas diff -12 after 6 games), the Necro had performed extremely well and were tied at the top of the table with this last game to go. A pair of scary good wolves, and you'd have to think they were strong favourites to win this encounter.
So a chance I'd have a strong say in who'd win Prem. Their rivals tied at the top were JPM's Underworld. The peoples' favourite - UW have never won SWL before. Though with the BB20 inducements the way they are now, maybe the people who have faced new Styx feel slightly less favoritism towards them.

However, I was more concerned with the my end of the table. I'd never "won" the spoon before in any division, and I really didn't want to start now. The win last week eased the pressure a bit, but if the GG's lost this one and if the humans won, then that unwanted spoon would be all mine.

First drive the Wolves received, somehow they felt encouraged by my BOrcs to score on Turn 4 (good work BOrcs!), which gave me a chance to take the upper hand.

GG's T4 was great! Two zombies in casualty (failed regens), and a ghoul seriously injured.
T5 was pretty special too, killing the other ghoul.
I'm beginning to see where the Wolves got their Cas diff from.

Turn 8 in the box seat.....

Damn.
I used the apo on my Ag4 badly hurt goblin, I'd need him back for the 2nd half.
How to score? I really couldn't see any clever hits to do there. Good thing we had two rerolls for this.
3+ Dodge away from a tackler [5]
4+ pickup [6]
4+ Dodge [4]

Halftime 1-1

11 Luckers vs 7 Turbos. Ground them down to 4.

Full Time 2-1 (2/4/1 - 3/0/1)

So in the end am pretty happy with the 3/0/4. Felt quite low with those thrashings mid-season and the run of 4 losses in a row. But it was nice to end with a couple of wins.

Finished 6th on the table. We got leapfrogged by the chorfs who beat the humans with a season ending forfeit win (forfeits suck!).
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2022 - 03:13
FUMBBL Staff

Back down in the conferences. The fun zone of SWL where you can find yourself battling for promotion, or desperately scrapping to avoid relegation.

Who are we up against?:

SWL XCII Capt'n Crunch Conference

Image Pitch Painters (Faulcon) 1250k (8/7/5)
Image Bronzed Raiders (Sharper) 1500k (10/4/5)
Image Slouching Viper, Midden Dragon (The_Squigadier) 1460k (8/5/8)
Image Latent Talent (wintergreen13) 1400k (10/3/1)
Image Gits and Shiggles (BeefyGoodness) 1410k (9/3/9)
Image Grimbreakers (tribalsinner) 1200k (7/1/1)
Image Boomtown Ratzz (knine) 1430k (6/4/4)

Another good mix. Not a losing record in that lot, it's going to be tough as always. The Luckers enter the season at 1555k the biggest of this bunch (for now), and a record of 11/2/8.

Nothing like losing to snotlings in the first round to get a season off to a good start. Let's see if we can avoid that....
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 08:36
FUMBBL Staff

SWL XCII Capt'n Crunch Conference
Game 1: Faulcon's Snotling "Pitch Painters"Image

<Sharper> Well, looks like i'll be getting inducements again against you @ramchop

Poor Sharper. He came away from his Round 1 match with a victory, but his TV plummeted from 1500k to 1190k. Three mng blockers, and a dead hobgoblin. If it was possible to feel sorry for Chorf, then I might.... nah. Anyway, that's what awaits me in Round 2, how did my first game go?

Te Aro is hit by the explosion.
Te Aro has been killed.
Te Aro does not regenerate.
And that was just Turn 1

I did enjoy this moment. Down to 7 players, 3 of the 4 BOrcs tied up, ball carrier out of range and easy prey for Hakflem or a swarm of snotlings. What to do?

Despite having my BOrcs cut in half there was still hope to salvage a draw on Turn 16 with a well timed Time Out. But a failed pickup and Hakflem happened.

Oh well, at least I'll get some inducements against Sharper in Round 2. TV from 1560k to 985k. Can someone please lend me 5k for a new BOrc?

Full Time: 1-3 (5/2/0 - 1/2/0)
 Jump to: