25 coaches online • Server time: 00:34
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Frenzy & Stand F...goto Post FUMBBL CUP XX: predi...goto Post Almanac Star Players
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Agent Fees be enabled in redraft on FUMMBL for C Div?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
No
32%
 32%  [ 18 ]
Pie
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 55


koadah



Joined: Mar 30, 2005

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2022 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
FUMBBL main division should play every single rule from the rulebook exactly as written with no variation. That's how you keep new players coming in and that's how you keep FUMBBL relevant.

Its great that FUMBBL provides an option to run other leagues/divisions where some deviation from the rules as written is possible - but this should always be the side dish, not the main meal.


I don't think that Fumbbl has ever played "every single rule from the rulebook exactly as written with no variation"

Are you going to bring back the stars for the RRR?

Are you going to set the cap to 13000 instead if 13500?

You have removed some of the features that for some people helped make Fumbbl great.
I don't see how it can be as great again.

This is before seasons are even implemented.
And, BB3 is coming.

_________________
Image
Stunty Leeg 2020 - Coming soon!
Java



Joined: Jan 27, 2018

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2022 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

If bb3 has no seasons I expect it to be the land of only 4-5 rosters loaded with guard/mb sheltering a statfreak baller

Fun fun fun

_________________
Vlad Von Carstein's door-to-door evangelist
Kondor



Joined: Apr 04, 2008

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2022 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
If bb3 has no seasons I expect it to be the land of only 4-5 rosters loaded with guard/mb sheltering a statfreak baller

Fun fun fun


Do you mean people will choose to play only three to five races or only 3-5 will be available to play.

If folks choose to play 3-5 races, who am I to argue with it? People play what they want to play.

I wonder if matchmaking will be based on TV. If not, that will be exactly what I am looking for. An atmosphere where we find out if these star players and inducements are as good as people complain about.

It would be very enticing to me.
PainState



Joined: Apr 04, 2007

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2022 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
I'm all for the compromise version. But, you haven't responded to any of my comments that getting and keeping (a single) legend on a team is NOT difficult in 2020, even with 'standard' agent fees. Thoughts?


Well, i quess here is the response.

It is very easy to make a single legend on almost any roster. In fact if you want just one legend you can keep him on your team for, (if you go to the max extreme on redraft) for around 30+ season.

So the issue of legend players seems to be the lightning rod around here.

My main issue is it is very difficult to almost impossible to have a core of lets say 4-6 players with 2-4 skills each on your roster from season to season. Agent fees is the driving force to stop you from doing that.

If at redraft you allways redraft from your baseline of 1mil gold then you only have 350k in gold to buy back skilled players. On page one I pointed out a base 80k player with 6 picked normal skills is 200K base cost of your 350K redraft budget.

So you have 3 players (human blitzers) with 3 skills each (picked normal) that is 180k and you have a blitzer with 5 skills at 100K and then 2 Catchers with three skills each that is 120K.. That is 400K of your 350K budget...over 50K. Also your baseline team will have to include 4 blitzer and 2 catchers in this example.

Thus any other player with a skill or two will have to be fired. All players over the 11 count will have to be fired. And you will have to choose one of those 6 players to get fired IF you want to redraft at a baseline of 1mil gold.

You can see even if we put the discussion of legend players on the side...You cant afford 6 players with 3 skills (average) each on redraft. Note that my example was just picked normal skills...we have not even discussed +stat hording players.

Now are there ways to work around the redraft in terms of redraft gold. Of course there are. When you redraft you do not redraft to 1mil gold as the base.

Take a human team...they start with 2 re-rolls in your base line 1mil gold. Well at redraft you make the team with 0 rerolls and a base 900K on the actual roster so now you can keep 450K worth of skills. Humans can keep doing this...well, I need some more gold so they drop blitzers for linemen to gain 40k each of gold on redraft....trying to keep that legend or other players with skills.


TLDR: making one legend is easy as apple pie. Making a roster with 5-6 players with 3 skills each + agent fees on top and not having to fire one or two of them each season, Good luck with that brother.

_________________
Comish of the: Image


Last edited by PainState on Oct 04, 2022 - 00:33; edited 1 time in total
PainState



Joined: Apr 04, 2007

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2022 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
If not, that will be exactly what I am looking for. An atmosphere where we find out if these star players and inducements are as good as people complain about.

It would be very enticing to me.


Well, get your team all set and enter the FUMBBL cup coming up. You will get all that and more, in fact it will be a wet dream of star player and inducement madness.

You dont have to take my word for it...check out the last major, the UI, the first major under BB2020 rule set.

_________________
Comish of the: Image
PainState



Joined: Apr 04, 2007

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2022 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
FUMBBL main division should play every single rule from the rulebook exactly as written with no variation. That's how you keep new players coming in and that's how you keep FUMBBL relevant.



Well...FUMBBL does play by every single rule in the game when it comes to the actual "game" on the pitch.

This is not a discussion about that. We are discussing the section of the rule book about setting up leagues. Which comes with a big disclaimer of your league does what ever it wants when it comes to that. But if you are lazy, here are some guidelines and baselines you can play with for league play.

_________________
Comish of the: Image
Kinks



Joined: Feb 28, 2007

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2022 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
This is not a discussion about that. We are discussing the section of the rule book about setting up leagues. Which comes with a big disclaimer of your league does what ever it wants when it comes to that. But if you are lazy, here are some guidelines and baselines you can play with for league play.

Hehe, yeh is it max 9 teams per league, if there is more split it off into another league?

Which is actually very relevant. If there are only 8 other teams in your league, so only 8 other races (max) it is a lot easier to drop some skills/players. Who needs Strip Ball if most of the teams have a sure hands ball carrier? Why take Claw if there's a bunch of AV 7, etc.

When you are playing in C/B and everything is possible you need to be prepared for everything.

_________________
Better lucky than good
Kinks



Joined: Feb 28, 2007

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2022 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
TLDR: making one legend is easy as apple pie. Making a roster with 5-6 players with 3 skills each + agent fees on top and not having to fire one or two of them each season, Good luck with that brother.

I think your human team example is a bad choice. Humans can afford an OK starting roster a 1 mil with most of the basic skills. No they can't start each season with 15+ skills, but I think they are one of the teams that benefit from that.

I think better examples are Lizardmen, Necromantic and Nurgle. All which start at 1 mil needing more skills, positionals, rerolls and/or an apothecary. Just look at the suggested starting builds, they all state "buy x ASAP".

_________________
Better lucky than good
Kondor



Joined: Apr 04, 2008

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2022 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Kondor wrote:
If not, that will be exactly what I am looking for. An atmosphere where we find out if these star players and inducements are as good as people complain about.

It would be very enticing to me.


Well, get your team all set and enter the FUMBBL cup coming up. You will get all that and more, in fact it will be a wet dream of star player and inducement madness.

You dont have to take my word for it...check out the last major, the UI, the first major under BB2020 rule set.


I will be there. I took a small human team to the UI. Probably the same one will go the the Fumbbl cup.
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic