47 coaches online • Server time: 17:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2023 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

From the rulebook:

Quote:
If one of your players that is in possession of the ball is moved for any reason so that they occupy a square within the opposing team's End Zone, and if that player remains Standing after they have been moved, at any point during the opposing team's turn, your opponent's team turn ends immediately and your team becomes active. However, rather than playing a full turn, your team turn will end as soon as it begins with a touchdown being scored

So, it's turn 16 for your opponent and you've already had your turn 16. Currently it's 1-1 and he's mad at you, so he blitzes the ball carrier, forgetting you have sidestep.

You move into the end zone. His turn ends. You don't have a team turn left, so can you score?

Any difference if overtime is allowed?

[Update: tried this out in test mode.

pushing a player into the end zone causes a touchdown and then the turn ends. (tried both mid game, and turn 8 and turn 16)

I don't think this is worthy of a bug report because I doubt it happens with any great frequency, or implementing it like this makes a difference in the majority of situations, but curious on what people think the rules as written imply here]

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2023 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I‘m quite certain this is no bug. Everything seems correct.
I believe the intent of the rule is: “If you score in your opponent’s turn, you get the TD, but IF YOU HAVE A TURN LEFT IN THE HALF you lose your next turn.“

There are even edge cases where the carrier isn’t pushed into the endzone, but the ball bounces around and is caught by a player in the endzone. Imagine an elf team, trying to go the entire length of the pitch in T16, failing the pick up or making a wildly inaccurate throw and the ball bouncing to a snotling in the endzone. I‘d love that.
BaronBucky

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2023 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

There is actually a badge for a certain type of this occurrence (the type Klunker described) called "A little help here?." If you watch the last turn of the game which is listed as having inspired the badge you can see it happen.

Turn 16 of this game: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4475070

Badge: https://fumbbl.com/note/razmus/Badges13Questionable

Added for the case where an action is taken, bouncing the ball to an opponent scoring a touchdown after that team's last turn. Sometimes we're better off not doing anything
 Jump to: