12 coaches online • Server time: 03:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post How do you beat Tomb...goto Post Convince a friend to...goto Post Norse coach looking ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

With 200k Treasury cap as suggested by me no team will ever hit 500k and it's high enough to replace players/save for expensive players such as a Deathroller or Bloodspawn.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %28, %2024 - %18:%May; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

that just changes when teams lose money. my point is, any team that is consistently losing most of hteir money because they have nothing to spend it on, should be given something to spend it on.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Their advantage is not losing players often. That's a huge advantage, long-term and short-term (players stay longer on the pitch, thus their TV has more impact, on average).
Many people play high AV teams due to that reason.

Why should a team get an economic advantage just because it doesn't need to replace often its players?
It's just a matter of high AV harder to injure => fewer players to replace => bigger Treasury.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

right, but its effectively saying 'high av teams don't need treasury. so we have an entire mechanic in the game, which is described as being used by all teams, but which these teams simply do not interact with'.

Its bad game design. Either change the mechanic so that it isn't something that professes to be something for all teams (for instance, simply define how often you can train a new player, and scrap treasury entirely), or give all teams a way to meaningfully interact with it (allow overdog spending).
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The Treasury is used to replace players and not to get an advantage by buying Inducements when you are already the overdog.
I didn't say that high TV teams don't need Treasury.
In some cases they could lack the gold to buy an expensive positional.
A Khorne team could lose a Bloodspawn and a Bloodseeker, and that is 270k. With the Treasury capped at 200k the Khorne team could replace just one of them.
An Orc team could lose a Troll and a Big Un, that would be 205k to replace, higher than the max Treasury.
That would affect the next game the Khorne or the Orc team plays.
So, there would be interaction between Treasury and bash teams, requiring management choices: do I replace the Troll or the Big Un? Can I afford to let too many players be injured, with a max Treasury of 200k?
In a private league scenario, a losing team could focus on fouling a bash team to make its next game harder.
This happens now too, of course, but, since the Treasury is not capped, chances are that, for a bash team, replacing the players will not be difficult.
It would add some strategy to leagues. What's the point in killing 1 Troll and 1 Big Un if they both will be replaced after that game?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, but the fact is, many bash teams can accumulate so much money, that they get reduced to 30k by expensive mistakes. They are actually penalized for having so much momey so that cant replace a troll the next game if they need.

While your system is better than that, my point is that while you qre yechnically correct that occassionally they have to interact with treasury, you can very easily go entire seasons without ever having to make decisions like the one you describe. They, for the majority of the game, will not interact with the treasury mechanic in a meaningful way.

I consider this bad design. Is your idea less bad? Perhaps. That doesnt make it GOOD though. Kind of like cheerleaders. Teams should be able to meaningful interact with these mechanics regularly (say at least 2 or 3 times every season, where it is a meaningful decision) or why are we bothering to write them?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If you keep your Treasury at max 290k you can't get it reduced to 30k by Expensive Mistakes (it's what I do).
I have an idea for Cheerleaders too, by the way:

Blitz!, Quick Snap, Solid Defence: 1D3 + 1 + Assistant Coaches and Cheerleaders = activable players. Re-Roll and skills can be used during Blitz! turn. Max 2 A.Coaches and max 2 Cheerleaders (including rostered, temporary, part-time).
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Right. My point is that automatically replacing a player when it is hurt, isnt meaningful interaction. Choosing betweeen 2 players IS but for high av teams, that doesnt happen most seasons. So treasury rules, even your version, are a waste of time for those teams too often. So i want something in addition to that, and due to the nature of high av, it can't be related to replacing players.
Jayward

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2024 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Most recent rumour about the new edition I heard is that all the team rosters will be changed to match what comes in a box, i.e. Nurgle will drop to 0-2 Pestigors because that's what is in the box.

So as someone who enjoys Orcs my new wishlist item is 'Please let that be wrong'
Carthage

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2024 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

As someone who hates Orcs, that sounds great!
As someone who loves dark elves, they better put 4 damn blitzers in the box then because nobody will ever run 2 runners and 2 assassins.
Jayward

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2024 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It's interesting. Some teams are completely unaffected, particularly the newer boxes with multiple 0-2 positionals like Amazons and Necro.

But a lot of the teams released at the start of 2016, like Orcs, Humans, and Skaven, are really reliant on their 0-4 positionals.

And Dark Elves are in a very strange spot; not only would they drop 2 Blitzers, one of their positionals isn't even in the box! Would they lose assassins?
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2024 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm keen to know what teams would be included in a 2024 boxed version

If it's due out in August, where are the leaks? where is the concrete info?
razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2024 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The voices in my head have revealed that the new box will come with goblins (no trolls, no secret weapons now, because that's what comes on the sprue) vs dwarves (obviously without the Zamboni of Death... now available separately for £74.99!) (This edition won't go by the name BB2024, but will hence forth be known as the BB:S&M.)

(Nurgle roster will be changed to 0-5 Pestigor, and only two Pestigor will be included in each box set.)

MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2024 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
The voices in my head have revealed that the new box will come with goblins (no trolls, no secret weapons now, because that's what comes on the sprue) vs dwarves (obviously without the Zamboni of Death... now available separately for £74.99!) (This edition won't go by the name BB2024, but will hence forth be known as the BB:S&M.)

(Nurgle roster will be changed to 0-5 Pestigor, and only two Pestigor will be included in each box set.)

It's going to launch in an exclusive in-store tie-in with Homebase in the UK and Home Depot in America, where the boxset comes along with a free door and two hinges, so you can enjoy slamming your hand in a door at the same time as playing Blood Bowl

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2024 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
I'm keen to know what teams would be included in a 2024 boxed version

If it's due out in August, where are the leaks? where is the concrete info?

Not August... Autumn, so Sept - Nov, though likely Sept as they usually release all their xmas army boxes end of November, start of Dec.

Also it is unlikely there will be big leaks, because heads rolled last time when the entire 2020 edition rule book leaked a couple of months before the box came out... It really caused a s*** storm..
But we can certainly hope Very Happy