18 coaches online • Server time: 02:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post How do you beat Tomb...goto Post Convince a friend to...goto Post Norse coach looking ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Vicen

Post   Posted: May 29, 2024 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
- Underworld snotlings : swarming trait REMOVED

IMHO: a more balanced way of reducing the impact of swarming for Underworld would have been to reduce the number of snotlings available: 0-6 → 0-3
(so Underworld would have had max 12 players on the field)
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 29, 2024 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Previously: Stunning your own players during your turn would unstun at the end of your turn.
Now: Stunning your own players during your turn will unstun at the end of your next turn.

It's not a change, it always worked in the 'NOW' way didn't it?

It looks like a nerf to vamps, but only if you thought it worked in the 'PREVIOUSLY' way
It's not a nerf, its just a clarification
Rawlf

Post   Posted: May 29, 2024 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I thought the clarification is for players who were already stunned from before and now get stunned again on their own team's turn (from biting as per the FAQ, though you can probably assume the same goes for other means like AS, bomb, rush etc). You could have said the player doesnt become stunned, he already is and so he recovers immediately. But they clarified he is stunned like a fresh stun and will only recover later. Thats how I read that.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 29, 2024 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
but you need to play 10 games minimum to get all these skills and win a lot …

Join the dark side! Razz
Seriously speaking, some teams are not competitive early.
They really need some games before getting decently playable.
This is why I don't like to play for 15 games over and over again.
With some development you can turn a bad starting roster into a better one (which is what a coach is supposed to do, if you think of it in terms of fluff).
In my opinion development is one of the fun aspects of the game (especially with old skill up table). Too much development breaks the game, but that could be kept under control.
razmus

Post   Posted: May 29, 2024 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
It's not a change, it always worked in the 'NOW' way didn't it?

In the Nov 2023, on page 3, midway down column 2, there was a new QA which said:
Nov 2023 FAQ wrote:
Q: If a player that is Stunned becomes Stunned again, what happens? (p60)
A: If a player begins their team turn Stunned, they will automatically roll over and become Prone at the end of the turn.

As far as I can see, that was completely removed in this FAQ.

Because it was quietly removed, it's easy to miss that it was a change.

(edit) AHA! And I realize I was unclear in my original message...
It's stunning your already stunned players which changed... not just stunning a player. Mea culpa.

Carthage

Post   Posted: May 29, 2024 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok but what if someone hits your thrall, stuns them, then throws the ball so you make an "On the ball" move with both of your vamp throwers, both fail bloodlust and stun the already stunned thrall, then on your turn you bite him again for another stun.
I assume he rolls on the blood loss table and becomes permanently anemic?
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 29, 2024 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Runners have P access too. Most bites is potentially:

Their turn: Karina bites thrall. ALL of your throwers and runners do OTB and bite thrall = 5 bites
Your turn: ALL of your bloodlusters bite thrall = 7 bites

So stunned 11 times?

EDIT: Actually... does OTB definitely count as an Activation? If not, then it wouldn't require BL roll

Last edited by Sp00keh on %b %29, %2024 - %16:%May; edited 2 times in total
razmus

Post   Posted: May 29, 2024 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends: If it's my opponent's vampire team, the one stunned thrall gets up after the end of the subsequent turn, wipes the excess blood from their neck with a perfectly monogrammed kerchief. They drink a Bloody Mary with a pristine celery stalk garnish at half-time and are return to the pitch no worse for wear.

If I had a vampire team, and this sequence of events happened with my team, the first injury check would remove the thrall from play, and each check after the first would remove another thrall from play until the pitch was simply slick with spilled blood. The mortal ref would be momentarily confused by the activity on the pitch and start sending my vampires off the field and to the dungeons and it'd all happen so rapidly there'd be an audible *>POP<* as the air rushed onto the field to fill the vacuum caused by the displayed bodies.

And that's why I don't play vampires.

Carthage

Post   Posted: May 29, 2024 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:

EDIT: Actually... does OTB definitely count as an Activation? If not, then it wouldn't require BL roll

Not sure. Felt it was funny enough of a thought to not warrant verifying veracity and that someone that cares more about rules than fun would correct me at some point.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 29, 2024 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm i don't think OTB requires to roll BL because OTB happens when your opponent kick the ball before ball scatter and bounce and your turn start.....

Post   Posted: May 29, 2024 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Reading the language for Bloodlust it requires an activation, which I don't think On The Ball counts as an activation for either the kick or throw.
Unfortunately no 11 stun stacking a thrall in 1 round.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 30, 2024 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If kickoff event is the one where D3 random players are stunned, potentially the thrall could get stunned 3 times by that?
Klunker

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2024 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
This is why I don't like to play for 15 games over and over again.
With some development you can turn a bad starting roster into a better one (which is what a coach is supposed to do, if you think of it in terms of fluff).
In my opinion development is one of the fun aspects of the game (especially with old skill up table). Too much development breaks the game, but that could be kept under control.

I fully agree with you, Matt!
Since I first played BB in the 90s, team development has always been the most intriguing aspect of the game for me.
Extensive team development is necessary to make certain races even competitive.
The introduction of "Seasons" just amputates BB of one of its best features.

I'm glad FUMBBL hasn't implemented seasons and I wish Games Workshop would abandon this silly rule altogether.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2024 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the main reason is to put some kind of cap on team growth, mainly I think for tabletop

As otherwise it'd makes joining an existing league seem an insurmountable hill to climb

With no new joiners, tabletop leagues would end in a terminal state where there's a couple huge nasty teams, other people drop out, don't want to compete against that, don't want to join, and then the league dies
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2024 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Well, the main reason is to put some kind of cap on team growth, mainly I think for tabletop

As otherwise it'd makes joining an existing league seem an insurmountable hill to climb

With no new joiners, tabletop leagues would end in a terminal state where there's a couple huge nasty teams, other people drop out, don't want to compete against that, don't want to join, and then the league dies

sure but there is no reason to kill a perpetual environment which the rules specifically say it wants to achieve. By creating a a rule set that keeps teams essentially in perpetual stasis. It's like they wanted the league rules to be as close to resurrection as they could get it.

The good thing about TT leagues is if the scenario you describe occurs everyone just restarts from scratch. There's no need for rules that force this. I've never heard of a TT league that runs forever. Most I've ever seen run for a season possibly have a cup then restart. I've seen a few that run for a few seasons then restart.... sure there is probably one or two out there that have run for a long time but they are the exception...

I also think there are much better ways to deal with team growth than forced retirement through "seasons"