10 coaches online • Server time: 02:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2014 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

oneturnscore wrote:
Had a thought for some added fluff.

After the season is complete every team gets a 1 game concession match. Hear me out. =D

So not even a click-thru, just start a game and one team concedes before the first kick. (Don't even risk a rock!)

I'd give that a +1. Call it a "scrimmage". Makes more sense than starting a season w/ MNG's.

We'd have to use "builder" teams - lots of NCBB teams couldn't concede w/o risk.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2014 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

/me cheers helmut wulf
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2014 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I really hope this doesn't actually come into fruition. Sounds like wussie-bowl.

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2014 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't care less. A click-through or concession to clear MNGs is not onerous or unbalancing, and would solve the cash flow issues some teams have after graduating a lot of players, but it is one more level of artifice. (FWIW, I think we should look at concession builders in NBFL, to even out the number of offseason MVPs among non-expansion teams, but NCBB needs nothing of the sort.)

What I'd prefer for NCBB is to let coaches try to work out their OOC games way in advance, and the league only match up the odd teams out. You'd see soft teams picking on soft teams and teams that couldn't find an easy victim getting randomized games against each other.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2014 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually hate click throughs. This one deserves some consideration, but I'd still probably say no on general principles of hating click throughs.

There is already a spring game isn't there? Not that there are particular rules for that, and not that squishy AV7s don't take their share of blocks anyway.
OTS

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2014 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This wouldn't even be a click through. Just a concession. I had made a comment to Sutherland's about well he has the whole off season to heal. Which made me think. Hey why can't we have an off season to heal.

To me it just adds fluff. No competitive advantages. Levels the playing field for the first game just like actual college
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2014 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

oneturnscore wrote:
To me it just adds fluff. No competitive advantages. Levels the playing field for the first game just like actual college
It's not neutral exactly, it's minor, plus-sum, and random. One coach gets two irrelevant MVPs and 60k Treasury it didn't need, another gets a +ST guy, skills up a Blitzer, and pulls in 130k.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

RFAdvantage Bowl Predictions!

BCS Title GameImage
#1 Wisc 7-2-0 (.796) #8 toughest schedule with a ..815 factorial (1.0 being the hardest schedule - 0.0 being the easiest schedule)
+12 TD -7 casualties (+5 net)
~ The Honeygrues have put together a good enough record against quality opponents to be eligible to defend their title, and the look to be favorites to do so.
vs.
#3 BYU 7-1-0 (.791) #17 ranked schedule with a .740 factorial
+10 TD +23 casualties (+33 net)
~ The Boys have played the game like they designed it this season. A balanced human offense, with a solid hitting core, sharing the top net differential in the nation. They have several seniors who could go pro with a title to their name. While playing an average schedule, they didn't play a contenders schedule in our opinions, and go into the title match relatively untested.

Wisconsin just doesn't give a damn, and we don't see any reason they should. A less than spectacular title game which will have fans clamoring for a playoff system. Wisc 2:1 BYU.

Rose BowlImage
#2 Texas 6-1-2 (.801) #2 ranked schedule with a .930 factorial
+8 TD +5 casualties (+13 net)
~ Texas would be playing for the title if they didn't already lose to Wisconsin, They played a tough schedule and put up respectable numbers.
vs.
#4 Butler 6-0-3 (.717) #5 ranked schedule with a .860 factorial
+3 TD -14 casualties (-11 net)
~ The Bullfrogs have taken a beating this season, and are hopping along to a top notch bowl invite. They have some playmakers that can steal a game, with some high flying heroics.

This one becomes a shootout to watch with blood splashing about, and more than 2 TD per half. Texas 3:2 Butler.

DeadEx Orange BowlImage
#5 SD 7-1-1 (.703) #19 ranked schedule with a .705 factorial
+7 TD +26 casualties (+33 net)
~ The Smacktecks brought it this season with an unbalanced line that looked to hit first and look for the ball in the remains after. Their playmakers are ready for a premier bowl game, and would like nothing more than a bowl win to kick off their teams first senior season.
vs.
#6 WW AF 4-1-4 (.702) #1 ranked schedule with a .975 factorial
-1 TD +7 casualties (+8 net)
~ The remains of the former national champions are still about and swinging, they will bring a hard nosed style that plays right into the hands of SD unfortunately.

The Smacktecks will run away with this one, beating a few unlucky skeletons with their own femurs along the way. 3:1 SD.

Tossit-os Fiesta BowlImage
#7 Oregon 6-3-0 (.664) #22 ranked schedule with a .675 factorial
+12 TD +3 casualties (+15 net)
~ The Ducks return with another season with no losses, but 3 ties against such a lackluster division will see them in a mid level bowl. They can play with the best of them and are a handful for any team that faces them.
vs.
#9 UCon 4-3-1 (.647) #15 ranked schedule with a .750 factorial
+6 TD +8 casualties (+14 net)
~ The second of UCon's dogs is heading into his last bowl game, a feat that was rarely done under the old (lrb) rules. UCon has played a balanced playstyle, and has a decent record against the Ducks.

UCon will look to be in position to run away with this one, but a drunken fool will stumble onto the pitch and start shouting. UCon's players stunned to see their coach able to walk in such a state of dishevel, will make a key mistake leading to Oregon's 2:1 victory.

Killer Lite BowlImage
#8 AZ 4-3-2 (.655) #9 ranked schedule with a .800 factorial
+0 TD -2 casualties (-2 net)
~ The girls have been just good enough to keep themselves out of the chump bowls, but not good enough to land a premier bowl by any shot of the imagination. The game will be televised of course as there are too many "individuals" who enjoy watching the girls play, hoping for wardrobe malfunctions.
vs.
#11 Navy 3-3-3 (.595) #12 ranked schedule with a .733 factorial
-4 TD +3 casualties (-1 net)
~ This team is so much better than... hahahahahha hahahah hahah
no really ... nahhahhahahahahhah ahaha
i want to say.... hahahahahhahahahahhahahah
*sigh* ha.
AZ so used to getting boned, will have a fun time with this one. We think they will come out on top.

Wonderbra BowlImage
#10 Florida 3-3-3 (.618) #4 ranked schedule with a .865 factorial
+0 TD -4 casualties (-4 net)
~ The Gator's strength of schedule puts them in this game, if it were on their record alone, you could look for them a bowl game or two lower than the double D cup.
vs.
#23 ODM 6-4-0 (.425) #28 ranked schedule with a .480 factorial
+14 TD +10 casualties (+24 net)
~ While the Monarch's didn't lose this season they also didn't win out, which is what we expect to see of the top teams coming out of the non-AQ. Now this could indicate that we had one of the most competitive non-AQs in some time. The Wonderbra will tell.

Florida will choke and the Monarch's will run up the score 3:1.

Planter's Goober BowlImage
#15 CSUB 4-1-3 (.522) #20 ranked schedule with a .700 factorial
+3 TD +12 casualties (+15 net)
~ Can't really say why the Dead got such a low showing with a reasonably good record. The weak scheduled and one more win than loss against that lineup just hurt them too much.
vs.
#18 Cali 5-2-2 (.502) #26 ranked schedule with a .555 factorial
+5 TD +13 casualties (+18 net)
~ Don't look at me for this one, I can't explain why the Golden Saurs are way down here either. My best guess is that some of the Missou bias rubbed off on them somehow

Cali should be able to handle the Running Dead with easy, but we predict a bad choice side-stepping makes it a close 2:1 Cali win.

Fireball Fire BowlImage
#17 Tenn 5-0-3 (.517) #25 ranked schedule with a .585 factorial
+3 TD +13 casualties (+16 net)
~ The Volunteered are a solid squad, but prone to disappearing acts, who knows if they will show for their bowl game.
vs.
#28 UNH 7-2-1 (.346) #35 ranked schedule with a .345 factorial
+15 TD +18 casualties (+33 net)
~ Could you play an easier schedule? We don't think so, and yet they still lost a game and didn't win two others. Now is their chance to at least make up for it with a bowl win.

UNH will wolf-handle the Volunteered. 3:1 .

Git R Done CupImage
#29 Rolla 6-2-2 (.337) #31 ranked schedule with a .395 factorial
+9 TD +13 casualties (+22 net)
~ The Gold Diggers Played well enough to qualify for a bowl game, but a performance like this in the non-AQ just isn't worth a hill of beans.
vs.
#30 KS 5-2-3 (.314) #30 ranked schedule with a .400 factorial
+5 TD +5 casualties (+10 net)
~ The Wildrat's can play on but won't be playing for much more than bragging rights and an invite to the AQ next season.

Nuffle wins with a tombstone match, and the Diggers edge it out 3:2.

McNurgle's BowlImage
#2nd to last Fresno 1-2-5 (.404) #24 ranked schedule with a .650 factorial
-4 TD -13 casualties (-17 net)
~ We are sure that Fresno knew they were going to the McNurgle's, It is probably a surprise to them that they aren't the worst in the league.
vs.
#Last Kent 0-1-7 (.365) #10 ranked schedule with a .800 factorial
-14 TD -11 casualties (-25 net)
~ A season like this just screams McNurgle! and so you have it.

Really, Navy isn't invited? I thought we were considering renaming it after them? As we have said before, there are no winners in the McNurgle’s, just two losers wallowing in the mud

Teams not referenced: (bowl eligible)
ND #31 6-2-2 no respect for non-AQ (#36 SoS .300)
CDI #35 3-0-2 5 games in non-AQ (#38 SoS .230)
TCU #37 3-1-3 no respect for non-AQ (#39 SoS .210)

(bowl ineligible)
Wash #12 (.574): losing record 3-1-4 (#8 SoS .815)
SFL #13 (.551): losing record 3-0-6 (#3 SoS .880)
Ohio #14 (.564): losing record 2-4-3 (#11 SoS .795)
Texas Tech #16 (.521): losing record 3-1-4 (#12 SoS .780)
Hawaii #19 (.494): losing record 3-1-5 (#18 SoS .740)
Vampy #20 (.485) losing record 2-2-4 (#14 SoS .765)
Missou #23 (.486) losing record 3-2-4 (#21 SoS .695)
Nippon #22 (.476) losing record 2-1-5 (#13 SoS .775)
OK #24 (.418) losing record 2-1-5 (#23 SoS .675)
Mary #25 (.404) losing record 2-0-6 (#16 SoS .745)
Rutgers #31 (.309) losing record 2-4-4 (#27 SoS .525)
Bama #33 (.248) losing record 2-4-4 (#32 SoS .390)
W Ill #34 (.244) losing record 3-2-5 (#33 SoS .385)
Mizz #36 (.201) losing record 2-1-5 (#34 SoS .365)
NE #38 (.160) losing record 2-1-7 (#37 SoS .310)
UCLA - MIA

The RFA would again like to recommend starting a "Fael Cup Challenge" a King of the hill tourney for those teams left out of the bowl games, or even a 3 round Swiss (the only undebeated team will be the "Fale Champ" . (8 teams not bowl invited! That's a great number!)

The formula for the RFA will be reworked next season, we feel that the non-AQ could be overly punished for weak SoS.

The RFA would also like to propose NO BYE WEEKS, they suck in the league, and the formulas hate them.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You know Butler isn't playing a bowl this season….

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

First off, the NonAQ does seem to get pushed down perhaps too far. Secondly, idk how Cal has the 26th ranked schedule when we tied your #1 ranked Wisconsin (should have beaten them tbh) and beat your #2 ranked Texas SnM. Thirdly bye weeks for an unfortunately side effect of the # of teams that we had for this season in the BCS, but I'd love to avoid them if possible.

And finally thanks for your work on the RFA as always.

Don't drop the soap.
WingedHuman

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all for a non-bowl eligible KotH style tournament.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe something like an NIT (I know it's Basketball) for the teams that don't make it?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get how Butler is ahead of SDSU. We kicked their tails and have a better record: if our SOS is worse it's only because we beat them.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Why the non-AQ even gets bowl invites is beyond me, pushed down too far?

Not far enough I say sir!

Byes are fine, the problem is in letting deadlines slide. Weeks should run Saturday to Friday (or whatever) with harsh crack downs on any games not played. Other leagues manage to do this and it keeps the pace up, no reason why NCBB can't do this. If you need an enforcer I'm happy to unevenly apply the hammer to Oregon.

Ahh... the vagaries of NCBB polling, it is what it is, ultimately the only thing that matters is if you miss a title shot, and to that I say, if you lost a game, well, tough nuts.

Also, the pollsters are clearly biased against boobies.
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Buffalo Back in the NCBB

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=769518

*The following is all for fluff purposes and none of it is true, well until proven anyways*

The BullCentaurs last team where previously kicked out of the NCBB following an investigation into match fixing, now everybody knows the usual punishment for this is a slap on the wrist and a substantial fine but this case was different. It turns out that the head coach Shades_SteelFist was intentionally losing games and shaving points (That’s right I lost to you all on purpose) without informing the other league commissioners of his activity which apparently was conflicting with there own match fixing activities and this they did not like.
The punishment for this crime was instant dismissal from the NCBB with the team being banned from ever playing again and the league staff all swore an oath that none of them would ever accept an application from Buffalo ever again. Now fast forward a few seasons and the new head of law at Buffalo has found a few loopholes in the team’s expulsion from the league and managed to get them back in.
as it turns out it was the team itself as it stood that was banned and not the school itself, now the players in that team have now all graduated and moved onto smaller and darker things, this just left the fact that none of the league staff would ever accept an application from Buffalo to join the league again and this slight problem was overcome quite simply when Shades_SteelFist discovered that although his previous team was no longer involved with the NCBB after being kicked out, the league staff had failed to remove Shades as a league staff member and he simply accepted the schools new team back into the league himself.
Long story short the BullCentaurs are legally back in the NCBB with a generation of new players who are on the hunt for some bowls….. Prob for holding fruit, car keys, severed heads and still beating hearts ect ect or something like that and this time there not going to get get kicked out for match fixing (The new bookie is much more discreet than the last one)