51 coaches online • Server time: 17:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Pie or no pie?
Pie
56%
 56%  [ 25 ]
No pie
43%
 43%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 44

Falcone

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Group 15

First Round

theg's Necro team, Shadows Of A Full Moon, should have pretty easy time over deeze's ogre team, Ogres for the Ogres. Prediction 2-0 for theg with a few injuries going into the next round.

MRnobody's Woody team, Dance of the Silver Sky, will win a close game over tuggnut's dark elf team, Bubbling Boils of Trouble. Prediction 3-2 for MRnobody.

Skeloboy's skaven team, Rotten Flesh is Our Ecstacy, with the help of a wizard will win over Cyco's orc team, Porklift. Prediction 2-1 for Skeloboy but the mass injuries his team will receive could be very costly.

JB's orc team, Motley Horde, will win a rough and tumble match over Gablag's orc team, Ditto's Double Doin' Doo-Ladz. Prediction 2-1 in OT for JB.

Second Round

theg's necro team, Shadows Of A Full Moon, will win the matchup against MRnobody's woody team, Dance of the Silver Sky. Prediction 2-1 for theg.

JB's orc team, Motley Horde, will win a very close matchup against Skeloboy's skaven team, Rotten Flesh is Our Ecstasy. Prediction 2-1 for JB.

Group 15 championship

In a tough matchup JB's orcs, Motley Horde will prevail vs theg's necros, Shadows Of A Full Moon. Prediction 2-1 in OT for JB which will send the Motley Horde into the Lustrian Cup final sixteen.
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Bwaaah, noone wants to give their thoughts on qualifier V Sad

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
TheSpoonyBard

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Screw Quali V, everyone knows Quali I is where it's at. Where are the picks?
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

TheSpoonyBard wrote:
Screw Quali V, everyone knows Quali I is where it's at. Where are the picks?

i got an easy pick...

whoever wins our match, isn't winning the next one...

"ball? what's that?"

--j

ImageImage
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Alibabas 1st Pick ever: Qualifier V

1st Game is Woodburns E.L.F coached by Falcone vs Tekodas Insert Random Dark Evil Name

Woodlefs look like they are in fine shape when DE teams looks like its not ready for the game. De has money for the wizard but will that save em, dont think so.
Woodburns E.L.F vs Insert Random Dark Evil Name 3-1

2nd game is Hammer House coached by Qaz vs Melmoths Bandola Rahta

This will be intresting game there is some awesome player in the dwarf team, too bad I dont think they can win this one, DE will run over dwarfs and wizard will most likely help em to do that. Sad to say other elf team to the 2nd round.

Hammer House vs Bandola Rahta 1-3

3rd game was played allready

4th game is H0rnsw0gglers coached by Gritter vs Confuse Us coached by halivaraith

I have some personal issues with H0rnsw0gglers, they smashed my chaos badly last time we played, but still I think they will make the game against ogres. Orcs are in great shape only 1 niggler there, ogres have plenty of niggles and I think that will cost game to em.

H0rnsw0gglers vs Confuse Us 3-2 after OT for the orcs

To the LC will be going either Words or Bandola Rahta

Sad but I would bet my money on Bandola Rahta
Brad

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier 2
The Elfless Qualifiers

Perhaps one of the most brutal on qualifying teams, 2x Cdwarves, Norse, 3x Humans, and 2x Chaos - Including the daunting LRB5 Takes us.

Round 1
LRB5 Takes us vs Rolling Downs United
Trouble has been unfortunate to roll up against what will almost certaily be the juggernaught that is Jesperius' LRB5 Chaos. With LRB5 Boasting 6 players with Claws +BM/RSC, an average strength/player closer to 4 than 3, and enough tackle to easily account for the catchers, it is hard to see the humans finding a weakness quick enough before the team is torn apart. Sadly the first of many humans expected to depart this qualifer. 3-1 to LRB5.

Krozz Shozz Mrkzzxz vs Kings of Norway
Handicaps anyone? Norway's Kings, although close to 60 points up in TR will be praying for kind handicap rolls, with 2 niggles, 1 MNG - and facing some hard hitting CDwarves in KSM - they will be needing all the depth on the field they can muster. With no DP for counter protection, and only AV7 Norway will need to balance numbers against scoring pressure, else KSM may stall their way to a classic 2-1 win to KSM against the odds. OT will certainly go to KZM if they can make it that far.

Days of Chaos vs Power of Pro
A turn up for the books, where we may see the Chaos going around, whilst the Humans try to go over the top. With More Frenzy, even MBs and 2DPs, the humans will be able to hold their own on the bashing front. But with the more experienced Faramir bringing more guard and 5xST4+ players to the Los, will that be enough? Perhaps the bankroll of Power of Pro may help tip the scale, with either a wizard, the count, or other options also availible. 3-2 Power of Pro in OT

Wesel At Its Best vs Heidschnucken
With such (theoretically) balanced teams, This one will really come down to the skill of the respective coaches. Groin will have a chance to show what a difference of 14 CR may mean. Both teams have all the TR spread across 15 or 16 players, Groin's humans having the speed to run circles around Kalkryxx's Dwarves and hobgobs - but can they outrun them enough to survive. More importantly can they find a way to retrieve the ball so that the game isn't forced to a painful OT? Perhaps the bankroll of a 1/3 of a million may help to find a way. 3-1 to the Humans

Round 2
LRB5 v KSM
Another steamrolling from LRB5 on the cards if the matchups go as planned. LRB5 should be able to pass its first round without serious injury, bringing their full strength to bear on KSM, although handicaps could prove a fly in the ointment. Real eyes will be on how much damage KSM can do if any other teams are to have a chance. 2-1 LRB5

Wesel v Power of Pro
The Human v Human matchup, with MB/DP/Frenzy flying from all directions and an estimated remaining combined bank in excess of half a million, which coach is going to spend up big enough to force the game? Thanks mainly to first round matchups, Brad's Pro Humans may be in better shape for this match, but Groin looks to be the more experienced coach and may prove so in this one. Either way, we get to see the remaining humans go up against LRB5 in the final. Result TBC

Qualifying Final
LRB5 v Wesel/Power of Pro
Either way, LRB5 is going to be facing some humans for a spot in the LC. First half will probably be split 50-50, but with Casualties mounting, even the full squads and large bankrolls promised by Groin and Brad will probably not be deep enough to keep the pressure on long enough for the win. a Third 2-1 win to LRB5 for the LC spot.

Last edited by Brad on %b %12, %2007 - %14:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

my Picks:

1: Borgen
2: Jesperius
3: malitrius
4: purplegoo
5: Falcone
6: Jack Daniels
7: SergeiBautin
8: Kfoged
9: jimjo
10: torsoboy
11: Markusen
12: soren72
13: p4m
14: Dalibor
15: Skeloboy
16: Alibaba
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You are too kind melmoth.. dont think I will make it Smile
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My group 7 picks are on the previous page. Melmoth - don;t forget to factor my noobluck into your group 4 prediction!

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
My group 7 picks are on the previous page. Melmoth - don;t forget to factor my noobluck into your group 4 prediction!

And my n00b errors! Very Happy
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalibor facing 3 dp cds giving up 3 handicaps with 13 players in his first game... i cant understand why anyone have him as fav to win this group at all:)
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
Dalibor facing 3 dp cds giving up 3 handicaps with 13 players in his first game... i cant understand why anyone have him as fav to win this group at all:)

Psychological clock-warfare will win him the game.
Borgen

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
Emphasy wrote:

Nah, I think he's only 3rd most likely to win that qualifier behind Emphasy and Pmg.
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Borgen wrote:
Optihut wrote:
Emphasy wrote:

Nah, I think he's only 3rd most likely to win that qualifier behind Emphasy and Pmg.

so he is going to loose his first game vs PMG Wink
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
"Pizzamogul's Progressive" on Group III.

Matchup #3 starts off the bottom bracket with Tragic II, a gorgeous 249/229 Orc team with 15 players and 155k to burn, vs. the 1st of two Pro Elf teams in the Qual, We Score More Come Back, 333/252 having 15 players and 90k. Orcs can bring a star to even it up against the Pro Elves who will likely need a wiz for cagebreaking. The 84 TR difference means the elves are going to hand away 4 handicaps - especially dangerous when carrying 3 nigglers.

Orcs sport an amazing 7 players with str 4 plus a troll and maybe a star player for good measure. Pro Elves have slowed down a bit in their old age (4 players with -mv) and have over 500 spps tied up in 5 mega/super stars. Orcs with 3 tacklers and 2 dps must remove the Pro Elf stars before the 2 elf dps can strike back at the tacklers. This one all depends on the Orcs ability to protect the ball with their strength and shatter the av7 of the Pro Elves.

Prediction: Orcs grind out two brutal scores in regulation, but Gary's experience with Pro Elves allows him to score quickly and steal another to send this one to OT. There, an extremely short-handed elf team finally succumbs to the pork 3-2.

I totally agree with pizza and I add I will suffer at least 8 cas (including 3 rips) Wink
 Jump to: