33 coaches online • Server time: 15:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
I hope you win Pete, as i'd hate to see a bunch of elf-bowlers win the WO. Most played against races for those woodies :

1. Wood elf 26
2. Dark elf 25
3. Human 18
4. High elf 16
5. Skaven 16
6. Orc 6

Exactly the kind of team that i believe shouldn't be allowed to enter a major in the first place, as that kind of picking leads to an inflated TR that teams with a normal selection of opponents can't compete against.

So go Pete!

Interesting:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showstats=1&team_id=387357 <---cant see many differences there to be honest.

Also: Pete might have played some more dwarf and CD but alway with 30 TS up or something. I dont think this should be a discussion here.
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth wrote:
Zombie69 wrote:
I hope you win Pete, as i'd hate to see a bunch of elf-bowlers win the WO. Most played against races for those woodies :

1. Wood elf 26
2. Dark elf 25
3. Human 18
4. High elf 16
5. Skaven 16
6. Orc 6

Exactly the kind of team that i believe shouldn't be allowed to enter a major in the first place, as that kind of picking leads to an inflated TR that teams with a normal selection of opponents can't compete against.

So go Pete!

Interesting:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showstats=1&team_id=387357 <---cant see many differences there to be honest.

Also: Pete might have played some more dwarf and CD but alway with 30 TS up or something. I dont think this should be a discussion here.

Don't blame the player, blame the game!!!
PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth wrote:
Zombie69 wrote:
I hope you win Pete, as i'd hate to see a bunch of elf-bowlers win the WO.
So go Pete!

Pete might have played some more dwarf and CD but alway with 30 TS up or something. I dont think this should be a discussion here.

Thanks for the support Zombie! But I agree with Melmoth - we shouldn't start looking at the stats too carefully. My darkies have awful stats, but only because they have played in so many tournaments where they have been way up in TS. It is very hard for high TR/TS teams to get fair looking stats!!!

I hope it is a fun game. Those 3 handis could sway things a little, and an AG5 WD and a natural oneturner can affect any game!

See you tonight. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth wrote:
Zombie69 wrote:

1. Wood elf 26
2. Dark elf 25
3. Human 18
4. High elf 16
5. Skaven 16
6. Orc 6

So go Pete!

Interesting:

Well, i do. The 2nd most faced race is orcs and the 4th is chaos. Pretty big difference imo. Also they haven't played against a single elf team in their last 11 games.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Pete! Very Happy

Elfball sucks! Wink
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Go count! petes won too much dammit! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2009 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Pete won! Hurray for the Mister Men! Cool
Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Pete, you won 4 of the 5 Majors and are part of FUMBBL since 2005, so you had a few attempts fewer than the early users. Whats your secret of your success?
It's not picking to the extreme, as you seem to play play against every race and every coach.

Edit:
With which race will you win the Lustrian Challenge?
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Pete, you won 4 of the 5 Majors and are part of FUMBBL since 2005, so you had a few attempts fewer than the early users. Whats your secret of your success?
It's not picking to the extreme, as you seem to play play against every race and every coach.

Edit:

How did you count it to get 4/5 majors? When PeteW has won just 3.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

dom counts gud

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

Edit:

Thx Dom! Alib is right, I have won UI, FC and now WO. I'll enter the next few with my darkies whilst they are good, but when my humans are built I'm going to try them.

I'm not sure I have a "secret". As you know, I am a Christian and believe that God is in control of everything, but why he wants me to win Bloodbowl tournaments is beyond my understanding!!!

As for playstyle, I guess something that separates a good coach from a great one is knowing when to pick your fights; knowing when to try the crazy attempt on the ball and when to hold back. Other than that, have fun!

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
Melmoth wrote:
Zombie69 wrote:

1. Wood elf 26
2. Dark elf 25
3. Human 18
4. High elf 16
5. Skaven 16
6. Orc 6

So go Pete!

Interesting:

Well, i do. The 2nd most faced race is orcs and the 4th is chaos. Pretty big difference imo. Also they haven't played against a single elf team in their last 11 games.

Well....Chaos is just easy as there is a difference between Rookie Chaos and Killer Chaos. Every Elfbowling team starts picking rookie Chaos. Orks are the most played race of nearly every team as they are the most common race that can be found on gf. You only played 1 Dwarf!! and 3 CDs but with a big TS Advantage. I also count a lot !! of woodies and Darkies as opponents.
The Count has played a lot of elfs too with his team but alos a lot of other races. He also played a lot of cups with this team (where you cant pick Opponents).
So what I want to say is: If you start bringing accusations in a thread be prepared to be looked at too;-) To just look at someones teams and say: Uhoh he is an elfbowler because of some superficial criterias is weak. There are some more things to look at and also its just not a really nice behaviour.
Its like saying: Oh look he ate three Bananas he is exploiting the Poor in South America;-)
Cheers Bud
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
dom counts gud

Very Happy

gud? Grotty Undead Dournament?
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth wrote:
Well....Chaos is just easy as there is a difference between Rookie Chaos and Killer Chaos. Every Elfbowling team starts picking rookie Chaos. Orks are the most played race of nearly every team as they are the most common race that can be found on gf. You only played 1 Dwarf!! and 3 CDs but with a big TS Advantage. I also count a lot !! of woodies and Darkies as opponents.
The Count has played a lot of elfs too with his team but alos a lot of other races. He also played a lot of cups with this team (where you cant pick Opponents).
So what I want to say is: If you start bringing accusations in a thread be prepared to be looked at too;-) To just look at someones teams and say: Uhoh he is an elfbowler because of some superficial criterias is weak. There are some more things to look at and also its just not a really nice behaviour.
Its like saying: Oh look he ate three Bananas he is exploiting the Poor in South America;-)
Cheers Bud

My team has played by far most of its games (including by far most of its chaos games) at TR200+. Don't think for a moment that those weren't built to destroy. They didn't play a chaos team until their 9th game, and the average TR of the chaos teams they've faced was 230. Don't make false accusations without looking at the numbers first.

As for orcs, if they're so common, then why has TheCount's team only played 6 games against them, when it has played 16 or more games against 5 different races? To me, there's just no comparison at all.

It's really not just the fact that orcs fall in 6th place on his list; it's the amount of games. I find it silly that the first 5 most played races all have 16+ games against, and the 6th one, the first bashy one, has 6. That's a huge difference in games played. Surely you can't deny that.

As for forum behavior, i merely stated the fact, because i felt it really needed to be stated in this thread. You're dragging on the discussion, sidetracking the thread's main purpose. So you're just as guilty as i am. I would have let it go after my initial statement if not for your accusations that have zero to do with this thread, since my team wasn't even in the main draw.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
I would have let it go after my initial statement if not for your accusations that have zero to do with this thread, since my team wasn't even in the main draw.

So you are allowed to say something but it has to be unanswered? Dream on;-)
 Jump to: