63 coaches online • Server time: 20:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Raising a Thrall wit...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variants
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Carnis

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2010 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Could we get division specific games stats, like this:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=rankings

Or does it already exist somewhere?

I'd especially be interested in FFB stats personally, to see if the trend in martin's LRB6 stats of Necromantic dominance continues in FUMBBL-games. FFB div has had > 10k games already, so there should be enough data. Also, necromantic seems to be one of the more popular FFB teams..
peikko

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2010 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Created wiki page for Fumbbl API so different xml pages are easier to find: http://fumbbl.com/help:Fumbbl+API
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2010 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Created wiki page for Fumbbl API so different xml pages are easier to find: http://fumbbl.com/help:Fumbbl+API

Nice

I took the liberty to add a couple of more examples using different parameters

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2010 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet! this really will help stats compilation Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2010 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool.

It would be cool to have CR and BWR in the match reports.

Also which league/tournament event the game belongs to.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2010 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Very cool.

It would be cool to have CR and BWR in the match reports.

Also which league/tournament event the game belongs to.

Also a feed where is coach name + id number + supporter status + teams (name,id,status,league,tr/str/tv)
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2011 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there any rules covering what we can do with the data.

E.g. displaying on websites, Fumbbl acknowledgments etc.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2011 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Zapp! Resurrection commencing.

Well, I'm now working on a new site now so I have had a chance to think a bit more on what is required. A lot has been covered already which is great, but here is my wish list from what is not currently available:

Player
  • Fetch by Id, include all stats, current state (dead/retired/active), Bio, portrait url
  • Put Biography*, would be nice for league site to allow coaches to push awards and such to their player Bio

Tournament
  • Fetch schedule by Id, retrieve the schedule of a tournament (previously mentioned by Laviak), this could be included in the current group/tournaments XML, using something along the lines of

Code:
/group/tournaments/tournament/schedule
/group/tournaments/tournament/schedule/rounds
/group/tournaments/tournament/schedule/rounds/round[number:#]
/group/tournaments/tournament/schedule/rounds/round/matches
/group/tournaments/tournament/schedule/rounds/round/matches/match[id=#]
/group/tournaments/tournament/schedule/rounds/round/matches/match/hometeam(id)
/group/tournaments/tournament/schedule/rounds/round/matches/match/awayteam(id)
/group/tournaments/tournament/schedule/rounds/round/matches/match/winner
/group/tournaments/tournament/schedule/rounds/round/matches/match/isForfeit

The match[id:#] attribute would be optional, and only have a value if the game has been played.
isForfeit could be dropped as it can be derived if there is a winner and no match[id]

Group
  • Put group information*, there are 'dirty' ways to do this now, it would be nice for a more eloquent solution, as group information is updated regularly for us.

PM
  • Put new messages*, a particular case I can think of is generating PM's when league games are due

The PM option may be open to abuse obviously, perhaps a filter list application process could be used to only allow authorised users to use it.

Extra calls which would be nice, but not required by me could be:

Team
  • Fetch past players, fetch the full past players list with the same data mentioned above
  • Fetch past games, as the tab in the team page

* - All put type calls would require authentication and most like new data cleansing methods, so I don't hold much hope in them being implemented any time soon. Wink

Also, does anyone know if the wiki page for the API is complete? From what I can tell it could just be these are the ones that have been 'discovered'.

I am more than willing to help out with my limited experience with XML, and I am open to discussion on anything I have mentioned.
Barre

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed that for http://fumbbl.com/xml:team ;

team/rosterId has a corresponding lookup service at http://fumbbl.com/xml:roster using the division Id

however,

team/players/player/positionId does not.

So, it would be nice to either have these fields populated with the look up value, or add the lookup table for position as well.
Barre

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2011 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Koadah, I just noticed your change to the wiki. I've just finished a scraper for inactive players, but I much prefer the XML format, so it makes me happy.

Edit: the change being the parameter to display past players in the Team XML.
Barre

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2011 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems the group:matches service has problems with bigger groups, SWL for example just blows away the server and times out (maybe, I gave up after a few mins of waiting), it might be a good idea to restrict this with pagination. Alternatively, implement tournament:matches Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2011 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I just noticed that the Match XML is missing some data since FFB, well it's only a small point but still, it still has Gate as the whole value and it does not have the respective spectator count for each team. It is also missing, FAME, although this is minor as the value can be extrapolated from the team spectator value.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2011 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

i totally agree. The API is great! Although there are some things missing. I am interested in getting informations on matches especially and therefor i am reading the op=matches at this point. It gives you ALL matches, that have been played in a group. I would like to have these games an additional option: The tournament, the game was played in. And as the xml files gets really big, I would prefer to receive only the games from a certain point (maybe a match id), so that all matches beginning with a certain id are offered. This would reduce the time and amount of calculations done by the server quite a bit.

So instead of:
http://fumbbl.com/xml:group?id=7396&op=matches

perhaps offer:
http://fumbbl.com/xml:group?id=7396&op=matches&min=1234567

, too, which will return all match IDs beginning with 1234567.

Another thing for me is the sorting. A xml reader starts at the beginning of a file. I would appreciate, if match reports are sorted by id ASC. Just a little thing, that makes calculations over time a lot easier.

gan
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2011 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

gandresch wrote:
I am interested in getting informations on matches especially and therefor i am reading the op=matches at this point. It gives you ALL matches, that have been played in a group. I would like to have these games an additional option: The tournament, the game was played in.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but you can get all matches from a tournament with:
http://fumbbl.com/xml:group?id=4722&op=matches&t=29362
id is group id, t is tournament id

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2011 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we have a similar problem, and this was the thinking behind the Tournament section of the post from Jun 14, 2011 - 17:59. Ideally, the full match element inserted in the tournament document would be great, but for now having the match id as mentioned above allows an seperate request for the match details.