54 coaches online • Server time: 18:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post How open file jnlp?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should we restart teams when lrb6 arrives?
1.-Yea, every body should restart to make it fair
55%
 55%  [ 29 ]
2.-No, restart the one who want to, but not every body
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
3.-Doesnt matter, will take any option
23%
 23%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 52

asharak

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds interesting - though I've got very limited time at the moment so would probably have to give it a miss (not that I deserve my place anyway, so its all good Smile)
Once I'm no longer at uni & also doing shiftwork hopefully I'll be able to move into the world of [L] as it seems like this should be the best of BloodBowl to me.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
What the hell dude---

Norway!

Fine! Let's make our own league! With blackjacks and hoo... cheerleaders!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

agreed with Goo. CR is very game-able, and many of us don't really care about it - ie: we play B and L mainly.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd also echo Goo's words - my CR for instance is way higher than my current playing skill - sadly. I just don't play much these days. Sad

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

vicius

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
What the hell dude---

Norway!

hehe, sry balle, i got these countries by the first 200cr coaches, and norway havent anyone in da list

Very Happy

Hope will enter in future format, love da country
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
I'd also echo Goo's words - my CR for instance is way higher than my current playing skill - sadly. I just don't play much these days. Sad

Object lesson is the disconnect between CR and non-noobness.
vicius

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I take issue with anyone basing anything on CR.

How's about appointing a captain and letting him pick a team?

I like the idea of international competition, nay, love it, but just closing it off to those that play the CR system is rubbish. Het a captain to pick half a team - two thirds maybe, amass the rest via lottery?

It's a shame the new [F] can't squeeze this in somewhere; international BB for all!

All that said, I'd prolly play anyway.

Hiya purple,

i agree with ur policy of basing the league in cr, we all know is not the coolest form to choose the coaches, and probably not the best ones are there(see pigstarĀ“s cr as example, he appears a noob now Very Happy)

But normally the best cr coaches are stables and regular coaches, cause he are the oldest here normally, and we need stable coaches to run this.

And btw, the idea is based to could have a cool match between cool coaches each week, to play and to spec, and see the champions like a major with cool teams and coaches in 3 or 4 seasons.

Anyway, will see if we could run it, Very Happy, will need the help of the best admins here and u are one of them thought,Razz
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I won't be able to lend any time to adminning the event, I'm afraid. I gave up the WIL and Wednesday night [R] stuff because my time is short these days and I want to spend it playing wherever possible. I'm flattered to have been asked; but these days I'm here to play when I get chance - I feel I've spent enough hours on BB not actually playing for now. Smile

I'm no different a coach to a few weeks ago / this time last year when my CR was ten plus points higher than it is today. I'll be no different a coach in five more weeks / this time next year if it's ten points lower again, or back to where it was, or if it's stable. If I lost two more games and it was below 170, would we be having this conversation, or would I be considered 'not good enough'? Piggy (since you mentioned him) is still tip-top quality, Jock still rocks, Emphasy is still Emphasy and Burnalot would still be ranked very highly if not for his love of less than optimal team builds. In summary of those examples off the top of my head, I think it's a really ropey way of putting this together; even if you are trying to get the 'best of the best'; you know who those names are, you don't need a number to tell you. Or at least, the countries know their own big guns. No Flix for ze Germans? In a Champions League? Really?!

CR - if you play enough games on site - comes and goes, it ebbs and flows. Form (and dice) are temporary, skill is permanent, once you have the site and the game worked out.

A line drawn under that argument (and it's a long time since I indulged in a CR argument, but I think it's important you start this in the right way), I wish you luck. I think (as I said earlier) International competition would rock hard, and I look forward to being a part of team England if I get a chance. Smile
vicius

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Need to have a format to choose the coaches, want not to decide myself, want not to have da responsability,Very Happy, there are so many cool coaches there i want to join into, like shades Wink, but we need to choose a kind of format, surely any format will have disagreements, cause is impossible to run something lovely for everybody.

The format will accept new coaches in future seasons, and will see posible changes with the opinion of every admin

Ma CR goes from 160 to 175 constantly too, so i know the cr doesnt mean the best coaches, and i have the list of the 200 top cr coaches of 8/2/2010, doesnt matter if the cr changes now, those coaches have his place now, if anyone of them declines his invitation then the next one will have a chance to join, and Flix is the next one in Germans, Very Happy,and Pigstar and Jock in the UK, \o/.

Anyways first season is only 9 matches, so the next season will come soon and could accept new coaches we forget in this season.

Cheers for ur tough critics, they are so instructives Very Happy
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think purp had a good idea in picking a team captain for each country then they can draft a team.

Awesome idea with really strong potential, now if only there were more players from Wales...... Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

how the hell did Chew get on that list?

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2010 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno... CR may not mean much but it's something objectivly calculated rather then something subjectivly chosen.
I kinda fail to see how a captains team would be a accurate representation. It would be more like the team that the captain chose... maybe kinda lika a stable.
that's not really fair it's more oligarchic. Not that i mind such systems, they can be of high quality, but if you want a proper fair representation of countries, you must choose an objective criterum there is no way around it...
CR can change but so can the representation. That's not unfair really...
After all, the coaches chosen must proof themselves in the competition and not by qualifiying for it.
And at least everyone gets a shot, not just the well known ones....
Lycian

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2010 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that we could use Purplegoo's idea as it's strongly supported by many coaches to create another diferent league also using some Vicius' ideas.

The 8 or 16 most popular countries should be chosen to play the league. Then, as it has already been said, one captain will be elected. That captain will be the responsible for chosing a 8 members team that will represent the contry. All members of the team should be placed in order, doesn't matter if it's of quality or whatever, that's also the captain duty.

Then, the teams will play against each others in a KO tournament.

That's more or less what I have been thinking about. The pointing system and all that stuff should be discussed so we can create a system that we all like.
vicius

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2010 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

looks like a cool idea, like a mundial tournament ko, we could play both formats thought. The permanently league format and the quikly ko format, and almost there could play lot of countries, only need captains with 8 players.

Lovely format too, we could open another post to explain it and there could say the captains their intenttions to play.

Cool format for players who want not to play long leagues.

Count me in too

Wink
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2010 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the general idea but think just 'Netherlands' would be a grave injustice to the Dutch speaking part of Belgium; Flanders.
We all hang out in one channel, we speak the same language and they sure as hell are some bloody good coaches.
Sounds like compelling reasons to want em in our team!

So without further ado; Rename "Netherlands" to "Lowlands" or "Benelux" and you count enough of us in for a participation.