43 coaches online • Server time: 14:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should we restart teams when lrb6 arrives?
1.-Yea, every body should restart to make it fair
55%
 55%  [ 29 ]
2.-No, restart the one who want to, but not every body
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
3.-Doesnt matter, will take any option
23%
 23%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 52

vicius

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2010 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hiya jinxed, ur idea is cool and i have transmit it to 5 coaches from belgyum, so ur league will be with 5 from each nation, LOWLANDS sounds good thought

now will see what say the 4 belgs (SMESS,DABERSERKER,FANATIC, NACHTOGEN AND TLALOC)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2010 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

such declarations!

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2010 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say: declaring coach picks on CR means that you will get a fair few [R] diehards, who don't give a toss about [L] in your teams.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2010 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Like Chewie! (Chew, you made the team!)

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2010 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, notice of the countries who have more coaches atm with invitations accepted.

GERMANY: CIRCULARLOGIC,NEOPHYTE,FRANKENSTEIN,P4M AND WRECKAGE
SWEDEN: LEIJONET,SVENS,DIDDYBOY AND ZHRAIA
UNITED KINGDOM: SPUBBBBA,GRITTER,PURPLEGOO,CHEWIE,PREZ AND JOCKMCROWDY
SPAIN:LYCIAN,RAFADAVILA,TYRIDIUM,ANISDRIN,TORIEL AND VICIUS
ITALY:ARTHAS85,MIFFO AND MAXBLB
LOWLANDS:RIJSSIEJ,BARASH,JINXED,NACHTOGEN AND FANATIC

The other 4 nations havent much notice of them, only 2 far for each one so far, so please tell something to let other players play, and almost only will play the first 8 nations have 10 coaches accepted. 2 will be out.

Now u could see how will be each league more or less, and u could talk between u how u want to run ur league and wich admins do u want in each one.

I have talked with a few of u, but we still need admins for each league, so let me know who wants to

This week we will recruit the last spots, next week will notice u all the rules and who will be the admins.

Cheers

Vicius
Ameranth

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd join this. A country based fumbblympics is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

I do have one concern about the coaches you proposed, a lot of them aren't active anymore. In some cases, I've never even heard of them in my 5 years on the site.

Having had more than one league fall apart when people stopped responding, I'd probably wind up asking the decent coaches who are active in main chat every day instead of basing it solely on CR. Simply because they'd be the easiest ones to get ahold of to arrange a match, and we know they're active on the site. Better to have players close to the top and a league that finishes, than the best players playing 1-2 games each and vanishing.
rackasaur

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is a pretty cool idea and would definitely participate!

At first I thought that the country participants would be on a team, and get to cheer for each other and help with strategy. However, it looks like it is a League for just the country? So there will be a Canada league which produces a winner to move on to the competition with the other countries?

What if, instead each league had one member from each country? So each team gets to cheer on and help the other players from the country try to advance?
More like "heats" to make the finals tournament which could produce multiple players advancing from one country.

Just an idea as the reason I like it is because of the "Canada Team" aspect, not the "Best From Canada" moves on to the finals aspect.

As for using CR to select for this - perhaps if it had been announced and people were "gaming" their CR in preparation I wouldn't like it, but it didn't happen that way. It was a random day and the coaches with the highest CR were picked. I like the idea of a Team Captain choosing their team, but that brings along a whole other set of baggage - picking friends over better coaches, picking more "known" coaches over unknowns, etc...

Rackasaur

edit: I think I don't understand the idea for the League format, help!
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

CR - if you play enough games on site - comes and goes, it ebbs and flows. Form (and dice) are temporary, skill is permanent, once you have the site and the game worked out.

Well, I can draw only from my personal experience - I find that without regular play I fall back into bad (lazy) habits, not checking opposing player's skills, leaving easy chain pushes etc... all of which make me a worse player. Sad

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You could also hold 8 vs 8 / country vs country matches with the winning country going through to the next round

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

vicius wrote:
Well, notice of the countries who have more coaches atm with invitations accepted.

GERMANY: CIRCULARLOGIC,NEOPHYTE,FRANKENSTEIN,P4M AND WRECKAGE
SWEDEN: LEIJONET,SVENS,DIDDYBOY AND ZHRAIA
UNITED KINGDOM: SPUBBBBA,GRITTER,PURPLEGOO,CHEWIE,PREZ AND JOCKMCROWDY
SPAIN:LYCIAN,RAFADAVILA,TYRIDIUM,ANISDRIN,TORIEL AND VICIUS
ITALY:ARTHAS85,MIFFO AND MAXBLB
LOWLANDS:RIJSSIEJ,BARASH,JINXED,NACHTOGEN AND FANATIC

The other 4 nations havent much notice of them, only 2 far for each one so far, so please tell something to let other players play, and almost only will play the first 8 nations have 10 coaches accepted. 2 will be out.

Now u could see how will be each league more or less, and u could talk between u how u want to run ur league and wich admins do u want in each one.

I have talked with a few of u, but we still need admins for each league, so let me know who wants to

This week we will recruit the last spots, next week will notice u all the rules and who will be the admins.

Cheers

Vicius

I can't speech for the other 2 countries but the Americans and Canadians are largely at work or school right now. It is only 2:15pm here in the East Coast (11:15am on the West Coast). There won't be much response for 3 to 4 hours from now.

To be sure to gain a response you may want to bump this thread in a few hours so that they actually see it. Wish I had time for more play but my schedule is changing for the better and my FUMBBL time will suffer for it. I'll only have time for NWL and some Ranked play. Sad
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2010 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

OK... I'll bump it for you.

Also out of my own interest I looked up my record against all of the coaches mentioned as the team for each country combined.

9 win - 8 draws - 32 losses

Not too shabby considering this is an elite group I am comparing myself to and I was a CR145 and below coach until about December of this past year.

For the record I am winless against the coaches from Spain and the US and have only managed a tie vs the coaches from the UK (all of them named PurpleChest).
I am doing best againt the Canadians at 2-2-3, the Danish at 3-0-4, and the Finns? (Finnish?) at 1-3-2.
0-0-0 against the Italians
vicius

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well,

Canadians are 4 atm GOBOGEN,RACKASAUR,AMERANTH AND HIMLING.

Want to have the 10 coaches this week or so, please contact u all between u, the format is based in cr but if any country of these, have not 10 coaches between the top 200cr list, then coul found other coaches to complete the league, but the first 8 leagues who will play will be the 8 with more 200top cr coaches in their team.

Example Canada 10 coaches= 5 into the 200top, 5 outside
Finland 10 coaches= 3 into, 7 outside

Canada in, Finland out

I posted 10 countries, 2 of them will be out this season, hope they entry the next one
avien

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I do like the concept, I think that hosting an invitational league for each country might be a bit optimistic. I mean, if you can get the players, sure, but it would take a_lot_of_work. Why not let the communities in each country vote in two players for each season, to represent their nation? That's how they do it at hat-trick for example and would be much more manageable. Don't let CR decide who should represent the country please, it's easily gameable.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

avien wrote:
As much as I do like the concept, I think that hosting an invitational league for each country might be a bit optimistic. I mean, if you can get the players, sure, but it would take a_lot_of_work. Why not let the communities in each country vote in two players for each season, to represent their nation? That's how they do it at hat-trick for example and would be much more manageable. Don't let CR decide who should represent the country please, it's easily gameable.

Take a look in the world cup format, is the format u want to
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

vicius wrote:
Take a look in the world cup format, is the format u want to

Not quite, the world-cup format works once the countries have been worked out. I think what people are discussing, is how to pick the right coach(es) to represent their country.

As it's been mentionned before in this thread, not all [R] fanatics are interested in a [L] tournament. Not everyone in [L] are interesting in playing in an international league (be it timezone issues or whatnot). Some countries have a huge playerbase making country-qualifiers long and complicated. Chosing who to represent your country would be much easier, but again with a big playerbase it's gonna be hard to agree on who to defend your country's honor.

Anyway, I know who I'd vote for to represent my country, too bad Norway isn't one of the countries on the list :/

I'd suggest that everyone who wants to play can apply to the tournament. Once application closes, the list of coaches for each country becomes public, and each country decides which player(s) to represent them (through qualifiers, voting, CR, BBR, win-ratio or whatever).

Maybe countries with alot of applications can get 2-3 coaches into the main tournament, while countries with few get 1?
 Jump to: