34 coaches online • Server time: 13:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KFoged

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2010 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

propuppetmaster wrote:

Quali 3 i pick Calcium and his Booty Pirates (humans)

Guess again Wink

KFoged
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2010 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

kfoged wrote:
propuppetmaster wrote:

Guess again Wink

KFoged

Go Nandorins!!!
Calcium

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2010 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Gary_Gygax wrote:
kfoged wrote:
propuppetmaster wrote:

Guess again Wink

KFoged

Go Nandorins!!!

On the day my girls lacked the killing power to dent the impressive Nandorins. good luck in the Finals Kfoged....

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

***Breaking News - Lustrian Enters Swiss Bliss***

The Lustrian Cup is now entering a 3 game Swiss League stage (2 leagues of 8 ). The top two teams from each half will enter into Semifinal Knockouts.

Early consensus is that the bashers will have the edge in this drawn out format but I wouldn't count out the Elves with both rafadavila's Magerit Revengers and kfoged's Nandorins looking very trim.

Orcs are the dominant race so far with 6 qualifying teams. NoCoolNickLeft's Orcphans look the best equiped to carry the Orc banner into the finals.

BudSpencer's BavariaRules are the big daddies of the group with the highest TR and TS. Looking like they can do some serious damage and should they not make the playoffs then they could have a big say on which teams do well in the later stages.

You alos can't rule out the as yet unmentioned former major winner's JackDaniels & Kryten.

However, without knowing the Swiss League split my picks for the Semifinal playoffs are:

kfoged's Nandorins
NoCoolNickLeft's Orcphans
rafadavila's Magerit Revengers
JackDaniels' Fumbbl Cup V

Well with all my picks ending up in the same group, I guess i'll have to guess again Wink.

Now with the 1st round draw and 1 game played, Group 1 favourites:

Complicated Elfs
A strong set of key players, with plenty of expendibles. With light damage and a win after game one, these guys have to come in a favourites atm.

Nandorins
Catching JDs undead early is probably a good thing (if you're goging to get him at some point) as he won't have the count. Further success (assuming they vanquish Fumbbl Cup V) will depend on how much damage they can avoid.

Winner of Orcphans vs Magerit Revengers
This looks to be a tough match and if the winner can come through without too much damage then they will look good for qualification. I favor the Revengers in this one but I think it'll be an open game.

Picks to qualify - Gonna stick with my guns and say Magerit Revengers & Nandorins, with only 1 tackle Complicated Elfs may struggle vs other elfs but they should be there or thereabouts.

Group 2:

This is group is a bit of a bash fest with a couple of Elf cherries. While the Elves might not make the playoffs, with cas counting towards the tiebreak they could be qualifiermakers.

This group looks quite open. Virus could end up playing a key role in some of these matches. My picks:

Yellow Fever
Enterpainment United

Darkhorses:
greenz united - with the right handicaps they could pull an upset in the first round and the draw may well open up for them.

Last edited by Tathar on %b %03, %2010 - %16:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Flix

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

why aint the swiss style on info page, it says knockout there
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Flix wrote:
why aint the swiss style on info page, it says knockout there

Because it was a Surprise

So sayeth the Chest

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ah i missed that, very cool idea, now i am just waiting we have majors in FFB someday
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 20:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

FFB is still in beta. No one has ever asked me to run Tourneys there, and i don't expect them to.

Yet.

The swiss format was the surprise i trailed in the news post about the LC. It is worth trying, certainly later in a tourney i expect the games might actually get played.

We shall see.

The groups are now drawn, and the fiorst game has even been played.

Good luck to all involved.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I shall destroy you all?

This looks like fun! My orcs will clash with Gritter's on sunday 2100 (most likely).

Edit: this is a prediction thread! Apart from my first statement I can add that I aim to go ahead as the runner up from my group Razz

With 4 massive elven teams this is going to be real tough to get through. I win on sunday, and then beat one elf team and draw the last game. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict I will get the ref and bathe in your orcish blood Spelledaren muahahaha... Twisted Evil
KFoged

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2010 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like sunday is going to be a good bb day Wink

I'm scheduled to play with JD at 20.00 CEST sunday aswell

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2010 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i don't know if I should root for rafadavila or against him as he ended my bid for supremacy....
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2010 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford has returned from the land of 10,000 lakes

Well Milford has survived the 10 day vacation with the twin boys. Although the last 4 hours of the 16 hour drive was insanity with 4 year olds. A lot of firsts.
1)first fishing trip
2)first BB gun experience
3)first bow and arrow experience
4)first combine experience, got to harvest 4 rows of corn

The one negative...NO Blood Bowl on the trip!

Then get back and find out the suprise..swiss style main draw...very nice!!!

need to break down these games but on first glance it looks like the upper bracket is Fumbbl Cup V's to lose and the Bavaria Rules is looking really strong in the lower bracket. Also the elves in both brackets are facing a really up hill climb with a 3 game swiss format. It robs them of their greatest asset, win a one and done game to advance to the next round. It will be interesting to see if one elf team can advance to the semi final.

Well I will get back into the swing of things and start breaking down the up coming matches.

Also the news from the FC that both Ranked and Box will be able to compete was nice news. It should draw in a lot more teams and hopefully make the largest single tourney that Fumbbl has ever had. Let the debate rage about the box teams having a shot. The FC is the one tourney were IMO every coach should throw a team into the ring just to have some fun. Dont worry about actually winning the thing until you advance to round 5 or so. SO I hope every coach joins in the fun for the FC with what ever team you want.

Now back to the Lustrian!!

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2010 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the first round of the Main Draw **

Well we have two matches left in the main draw first round swiss.

Lets take a look and break these matches down.

Imagegreenz united
VS
ImageEnterpainment United

the Greenz are in some serious trouble going into this 3 game playoff. They are under strength and lack a cohesive unit. They have some good players but the team looks like a team preping for a major not one in the main draw. They will be getting 3 handicaps to help them out and they better some how figure out how to pull a Virus out of their green butts. For with out it they will be mauled.

Enterpainment is looking good and in good shape they have a solid core of blitzers and BoBs and should be able to caryy the day. They just have to avoid the pink gatorade. This is a really nice Orc team and they have the players to give this main draw a real run.

Enterpainment scoffs at the barrell of pink gatorade, "if it aint green its crap!" and grind out a 2-0 victory in this match.

ImagePor Tutatis!!
VS
ImageFerelve Farcity

Por Tutatis is another really nice Orc team that has everything that a greenskin teams needs in a major. They have no holes and are set to make a run. The only problem is they square off against a really nice Wood Elf team. They just to win but a draw would not be that bad in this 3 game format. Just stick to the plan and bash and foul and then bash some more. Go the old fashion route and roll some dice.

The Ferelve are in great shape and this wood elf team can make a run at this. They just need to forget this is a 3 game swiss and stick to the plan. Win and all costs and deal with the next game once its scheduled. Dont worry about the future and get the win.

This is a classic Orc/Woodelf match up. Two quality teams. Who will carry the day? Bash or Ball?

Going with Ball in this one. Ferelve finds a way to get the 2-1 victory.

BUT will the Woodies have enough players and firepower left in them for the upcoming rounds of the Swiss?

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2010 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from Group 2 of the Main Draw tourney **

Well lets start breaking down some of these games. With so many ties it makes these second round matches extremly important not to get that first loss or it could be over for that team. A record of 1-2-0 might get you into the semi finals if the cards fall right.

ImageFumbbl Cup V
VS
ImageComplicated Elves

The FC crew is looking good but they have run into a small snag in the plans. They dont have enough cash for the count and the Multiblocking chances will be slim in this match. So look for a heavy dose of the DP boot to guide the FC crew over the top. They got to get the CAS counter moving or they will be hard pressed to win this match.

Once again the Complicated elves confuse their opposition and are cruising. These guys have a real shot at the semi final round. They just need to do their thing and limit the "shots". If they can keep on their feet and not let the DP boots start flying they will have a massive upper hand in this matchup.

The Complicated Elves run circles around the Countless FC crew and cruise to a 3-1 victory.

ImageOrcphans
VS
ImageBored Super Computer

Orcphans come into the match ready to go but they have no MB on any of their BoB's and will have to rely on their blitzers to do all the heavy lifting. They can get the win but they will have to bring some "ball" to this match to get that needed win.

Bored Super Computer is going to exploit the under firepower orcphans and try to lay the lumber on them. They have the MB and the BoB's to inflict some serious pain if they can get some luck. If the BSC can stick to the plan of cage and stall and get some timely CAS they will walk away with the win.

Both teams have 60,000 gold so wizards and chainsaw loonies might in the gameplan for this match.

Going with the TIE in this match. Both teams have the shot to win the match but everytime it comes up snake eyes. a classic 1-1