47 coaches online • Server time: 23:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I just wanted a one time move my team over to R dealio. It's in the 'this will never happen, but we can dream' pile. Wink

R tournaments, I believe, should be for R teams.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you belive this? Do you belive the FC should be for B and R? since B is part of Fumbbl the largest cup should be for all teams.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

don't go there...

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

(We're a ways off topic now, should probably stop right about now! Razz) I think R's strength is the well established tournaments. I think B's strength is a pairing equation (frankly, that division doesn't even need tournaments in my view, there could be much better 'things to play for' as discussed elsewhere). I think if you muddy the waters, both lose a USP and we may as well just have one division, to be honest. I like choice, so I’d rather we keep them apart.

Historically, I’ve had no interest in Majors at all, but now I have (gogo 6), I think it would be a shame to start crossing the streams. The FC as a one off, I could live with, but I think we’ve seen the phrase ‘one off’ enough to know that I won’t have to! Plus, if we follow the 'biggest competition' logic all the way through, why not allow the big leagues to put teams in if they like? Those environments are no kinder on teams than R or B, afterall.

Personally, I'd allow B-->R team transfer as and when you like, keep mass participation tournaments in R and L and see where we end up. But that's just me, since you asked, and I'm entirely powerless! Wink
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
frankly, that division doesn't even need tournaments in my view, there could be much better 'things to play for' as discussed elsewhere

Quite the opposite.

Frankly, B is way better suited for tournaments than the Harlem-Globetrotters-Exhibition-Division R.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll tell you what, let's just drop the segway. I answered an honest question with an honest opinion. Wink

I don't think anyone would thank us for veering the thread towards the dreaded 'x is better than y for this reason' territory. Smile

Back to the WO! Where ma WO? Etc.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
frankly, that division doesn't even need tournaments in my view, there could be much better 'things to play for' as discussed elsewhere

Quite the opposite.

Frankly, B is way better suited for tournaments than the Harlem-Globetrotters-Exhibition-Division R.

I agree with Pgoo about there being other things to play for, the thread he mentions has some really good ideas in however there should still be majors and minors for the division too, because a lot of people love them.

IMO the box should get the first minor or major because it was the first division to turn FFB and most newcomers (well most people) have only been playing in the box. Also B is still the most popular division at the moment from a stat point of view by quite a large number.

Bringing up the warstone open at the moment seems like subversion; a way to get people more interested in R again.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I'm never going to get a team up to scratch in time.

One reason for avoiding [R] Majors.

If you are accustomed to playing in [B] then I guess you can forget [R] Majors. Three tournaments and hopefully the Fumbbl Cup should be enough to keep many people busy and avoid all that team pimping.

[B] teams being allowed to play in the [R] Majors would be nice but I guess those finely crafted Birthday teams are afraid of a bit of good old [B] claw.

Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord, honestly, some people never miss a chance to bring up the whole lame x vs y thing, do they? Might be something to do with the fact my maximum number of games so far in the division is 3?

It's tired. Really, really tired. And lame. I blame myself, shouldn't have answered a question. Sheesh, let it go, already. It makes you look a lot sillier than I know you are.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, so it wasn't you who brought up the B -> R transfer and B not needing Majors?

Guilty as charged. Very silly indeed.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop being so obtuse and using any excuse.

I was grinding absolutely no axe. There was no inference, however slight, in my post about one division being better than another, only that I was interested in playing the event the thread is about, and the one available route to that being transference of a team, something that isn’t in any way suggesting where the team has come from is sub standard. B not needing major tournaments is no comment on the division, infact, if you wanted to be a spin doctor about it, you could see it as positive.

Being the fun police and pointing out fun a > fun b is no good to anyone. I'm stopping participating now, because segways like these do no good.
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I heard rumours the tournament would start in 7 days, 9 hours and 30 mins... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for answering Pgoo! Didn't mean to get you into trouble. Sry for that.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

James_Probert wrote:
I heard rumours the tournament would start in 7 days, 9 hours and 30 mins... Very Happy

Thats very specific, hmm its almost as if you know something Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2011 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i believe this event will be a massive ogre extinction. My ogars are ready to rumble