42 coaches online • Server time: 00:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Topper

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there.
Just wondered whether it´s a big issue with the bugs and time/forced turnovers.
It has now happened to me in 2/10 games (after rejoining and both different) and have read through the bug list. Many seem to be about these issues and have also heard similar stories in the chat.
So I´m wondering whether, if it is a general problem, the time should be removed until fixed?
Just very frustrating to lose games due to bugs (and deliberately or accidentally abuse of these)

cheers Topper
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

are there bugs that eat time? or advance the time clock?

me interested, as I can't play atm

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't actually ask a question, Topper Smile
What has happened in 2/10 games?

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh the one was a stupid mistake by me.... Thx for pointing out, embarrassing. But couldn´t see the replay(as replays were down) and since I was certain it was a bug abuse I reported it.

But to clarify my question (the bugs are reported as support tickets) is it a big issue with timebugs?
If it´s not then everything is perfect - but if it is (and I honestly have no clue, just different peoples stories) then maybe disable time until resolved.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a timeout bug, can't quite put my finger on what triggers it, but in 1/2 of my games, I could have timed out my oppo at the start of his turn. I've seen it talked about too. Lakrillio is aware.

Tbh, until this is solved, someone's going to abuse it.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, you guys saw the question? good job Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

There is one issue with the time that be done that much about and that is when you disconnect, the server don't count you as disconnected until after 20 seconds after the last successful connection.
So until you have pinged out, the clock will run.

This was btw changed from 30 to 20 seconds in the 0.7.1 patch.

I have heard about the timeout at the start of an action, but i have failed to reproduce it.
I had problems finding any replays and descriptions about it, so i have not been able to see if there were something special happening in the turn before the timeout, like some specific actions or so on.
The more data i get on this subject in the form of replays and info about where the timeout occured, the more likely there is that i will be able to find something those games have in common.

This might also be due to latency issues, if there is a certain time-frame that this can happen. When i play localy i have virtually 0 ping, so i can not reproduce latency related bugs.
This brings me to the question if someone have noticed a difference in latency since the last patch.
And not at the times we had serious server-crashes or during yesterday evening when the Swedish internet backbone was kind of broken.
Guess that does not leave that many hours playtime to test it, so maybe we will have to wait until we get some test-results on this.
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It could be again published as site news that you aren't allowed to take advantage of bugs and you reproduce the event that happened before the bugging as closely as possible.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo, I've done it a couple of times.

It might be a concurrency bug. When I've done it, it's when I've ended turn as the clock was on about 3:59. Could it be that while the method is processing, then the turn ticks, then it puts the overtime notification onto the active player? (which has now changed)

Jump to: