43 coaches online • Server time: 19:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Enigma179

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I boosted my Rats up to 16 players including the Rogre that goes against all my principles to get a high enough TV to enter, and even then, 1920 may be not enough!

Still, they'll be entering the draw and hoping to get in. Judging by my W/D/L record, I'll probably get a first round elimination, but *shrug*. I still insist it's all luck. Razz

One or two prep games to skill up the newer gutters and I think I'll be set for my round one curbstomp.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

**Milford from the UI **

E.I.F. UPRISING

The E.I.F. (Elves still left In the Forest) have had enough! BEWARE....any prep matches against Wood Elves or Pro Elves could cause pixels to be smashed and killed by these resistance fighters. EIF has had enough and decided the best path of resistance is to mess with the UI and the teams that are participating. They feel that the audience that the UI brings will shed light on the elves that are economically down trodden and do not have the finacial resources to leave the forest. This has caused a disrubtion in the ideal lifestyle of the elves, and they are mad that the traditional world of elves is being destroyed. So they have decided to respond by causing mayhem and destruction in the world of Blood Bowl as their sign of resistance.

So if you are planning on getting a "soft" match for the UI you have been warned. The EIF is providing knuckledusters, DP shivs and some fungus +ST potions to all WE and Elf teams before their matches. Some teams have allready fallen victim to these down low tactics and had their dreams of a UI championship blow up litterally in their face.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the UI **

Well we just had a press confrence about exploitation of bugs in majors. Lord PurpleChest himself conducted the briefing and once again stated his hard line stalinist line against exploitation of the these know bugs.

It seems that this stance has created a stir in the Blood Bowl ranks as the majority of coaches seem to go by the golden rule of Blood Bowl, if I can exploit a rule then heck yes Iam going to do it and the more noble high elf standard, which is in the minority thought, of I will never exploit the rules for my gain. How could I live with myself knowing that I cheated in order to win?

Obviously this debate will never end but the Comish of the Majors has laid down the law. So all you low down exploiters out there have been warned and punishment will be severe and swift. I believe the first form of punishment will be that your players will be staked to the ground and forced to endure a full day of full sun light. That should solve most of the problems.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Its only cheating if you haven't paid the ref
Cloggy

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Enigma179 wrote:
I boosted my Rats up to 16 players including the Rogre that goes against all my principles to get a high enough TV to enter, and even then, 1920 may be not enough!

I'm sure 1920 will be plenty. This is a different day and age Smile

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Enigma179 wrote:

I'm sure 1920 will be plenty. This is a different day and age Smile

QFT

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
My Elves played the sort of prep match other teams only dream of Smile

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3154507

Not sure if the fact I knew what I was getting into makes it better or worse.

Well, if you went in hoping for a ton of BH and a nice win, your optimism has failed you. Embarassed

If you went in hoping for a win despite horrific losses of personnel, mission accomplished Very Happy

Personally, I prefer to play the Newscasters head-on, and smash them to pieces. Doesn't always work out like that though.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think people afraid of claw forget that the vast majority of clawpomb teams with a high TV are located in the Blackbox, not ranked, so teams like orcs shouldn't be too worried about that particular problem.
Malmir

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Somewhere in between - I wanted to play with one of two teams and that was the only show in town.

maysrill wrote:
Malmir wrote:

Well, if you went in hoping for a ton of BH and a nice win, your optimism has failed you. Embarassed

If you went in hoping for a win despite horrific losses of personnel, mission accomplished Very Happy

Personally, I prefer to play the Newscasters head-on, and smash them to pieces. Doesn't always work out like that though.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:

Ouch! Especially the AG 5 is a real loss. Good thing you had the money to buy new linemen though. Spiralling expenses keep me at 12 players max. =/

Playing dwarves in a dodge-heavy no-claw qualifier does seem like a treat indeed.

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %10, %2011 - %19:%May; edited 1 time in total
James_Probert

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

/me thinks this needs stickying.

Oh, and the High Princes will be there.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hoping to make it in, in which case I will win.

Any rumours on where the cut-off is likely to be?

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I have never exploited bugs, although I always used the official "differences from the boardgame" rules to my advantage, eg. chainpushing sidesteppers.

Could someone post a list of the bugs that you are NOT allowed to exploit, so I can watch out for them? Or if you don't want to post it - please pm me!

Also, what are the rules for spirallign expenses? And how do I know if I have to pay them?!?

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

My troll.. err mino wants sprint..
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW: Your dice is no officially considered an exploit....
 Jump to: