59 coaches online • Server time: 14:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Enigma179

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I decided to go through with it!

The idea behind the FBBL is that while coaches involved would play Blood Bowl through a regular scheduled league format, at the same time they will be playing a Blood Bowl version of Fantasy Football (link for wikipedia page on what exactly that means). Coaches would be organized into conferences, and then use the teams and players from other conferences to make Fantasy rosters, gaining points over the season while they play with their own teams at the same time, and eventually there will be conference champions crowned for both Blood Bowl and Fantasy Blood Bowl!

The Blood Bowl league itself is not to complex or notable; coaches apply with any rookie [L] team they wish, and are organized into a minimum of 2 conferences. They are then scheduled into a round robin tournament to face every other coach in the conference once, gaining points for wins and draws. At the end of the season, most points per conference is conference champ!
You get 3 points for a victory, concession or forfeit, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss, and -1 point for a concession or forfeit, unless your concession took place before a kickoff where you could field 2 or less players, in which case you instead get 0 points and my condolences. Note that any concessions that occur because of this should be marked as such in the match report so that I can confirm that this is indeed the case.

The Fantasy Blood Bowl is where it gets interesting. At the beginning of the league, after all the teams are made and all the schedules are set, 2 weeks will be set aside for the FBB draft. In future seasons, these 2 weeks will double as part of the off-season for all coaches to take a break, seeing as the draft shouldn't be very stressful or time-consuming.

The Primary Draft
Once all teams are created, locked into their schedules and ready to play, every conference is assigned another conference. All the coaches in that conference are playing Fantasy Blood Bowl using the players in their assigned conference.

Ex. Conference A is assigned Conference B. All coaches from Conference A will make their fantasy rosters from Conference B's teams and players.

Every coach in the team receives a 1100k budget (no you can't use this for your team and no it's not real site gold) to draft with. The entire league is given half a week (from Wednesday 11:00AM to Sunday 11:00AM bbtime) to send in their draft list via PM to me; this is a list of up to 25 players from your assigned conference, organized like so in descending order from your favorite draft pick to your least favorite.

Player #, Name, Team, Player's Team Value, Race, Position

Ex. I want to draft a rookie human lineman named Bob from the team Bobbing Fishes, and he is player #7. I would send in a PM to the admin (me) that reads this

7, Bob, Bobbing Fishes, 50k, Human, Lineman

Of course, since you have up to 25 slots, you probably want more than one player on your draft list. Please separate all players by linebreaks just to make things easier on the eyes. Also please note that while for Season I only rookies will be available, in future seasons the player's skills and +stats must be included in their Team Value, although injuries will not.

After all the draft lists are sent in, hopefully before the deadline, I will draft all the fantasy rosters, which unfortunately for now must be done in private, as I'm sure not many of the IRC channels would appreciate people barging in like that. I sort out the coach priority list for each conference completely randomly. The top coach on the list will get the first player on his draft list automatically. I then move onto the second coach; he gets the highest player on his draft list who hasn't already been taken. This continues on all the way down to the bottom coach until we reach the top again, rinse and repeat. This cycle continues until all the coaches have A)reached 11 players on their fantasy roster, B)reached the bottom of their draft list, or C) ran out of money.

As you draft players, their Team Value is deducted from your treasury, and they are added to your roster for the season. Draft results are posted to the forum in the form of the current rosters for all coaches and all of their current treasuries (all of this information is public)

After the Primary Draft comes the Secondary Draft.

The Secondary Draft
This is where the coaches finish off their rosters, the unlucky ones who didn't get 11 can get to a full lineup, and the ones who did can get a few reserves. After the results have been posted, the Secondary Draft immediately opens, and runs until 11:00 Wednesday bbtime. There are a few differences between this draft and the primary draft however;

1. This draft is optional, and if you don't wish to participate, just don't send in a secondary draft list
2. Your draft list may only have up to 10 players
3. The players you may have on your roster max out at 16 this time
4. You only have as much money as you have leftover from the Primary draft
5. The coach priority list is reversed

Once the secondary draft is done, I again go through all the lists and add players to the team until the conditions mentioned previously are met. As soon as results are posted to the forum, coaches have until the next Wednesday deadline to send in their starter lists for the season!

The FBB Season
During the season, the only thing you need to do with your FBB roster is send in your starter lineups, and play your own Blood Bowl matches. Starter lineups are the players that you use to get points each round; you may only select 11 players per round to be eligible to get points for you. The deadline for sending in starter lineups is always one week before the deadline of the actual round.

Ex. The deadline for your starters of round 1 to be PM'd to me is the week before round 1, or in other words, the day that round 1 begins.

Try to keep up with your FBB players; if one gets injured, killed or retired you will want to send in a different list of starters for the next round, replacing him with one of your spares. Also, perhaps look at the future opponents; if you see that your mighty blow tackle beast is about to go against some wood elves next round, perhaps consider putting him on the list, but if his next match is up against dwarves, consider instead putting up another player.

Features such as trading or free agents may be implemented in later seasons, but for now we're going for a relatively simple in-season game, for both the players and the admins.

At the end of the season, all the points that your players got in their matches are tallied up, and the coach with the most points per conference is crowned FBB champion! For the next season, all rosters are wiped clean, and every coach is once again given 1100k to spend on players, as the cycle is renewed.

Points are gained based off the player's performance during the game. Players get points for just about every statistic tracked by the client aside from turns spent on the field, and may also get bonus points in addition for carrying out certain notable feats. Here is a rundown of all the current ways for players to get points.

TD: 7 Points
CAS: 5 Points
INT: 5 Points
COMP: 3 Points
PASS YARDS: 1 per yard, can't get negative points
RUSH YARDS: 1/2 per yard, can't get negative points
BLOCKS: 1/4 per block
FOULS: 1/4 per foul
MVP: 0 Points

LARSON (1 Td, Cas, Int and Comp): +8 BONUS POINTS
MOTHER PLUCKER (3 Int): +7 BONUS POINTS
HAT TRICK (3 Td): +6 BONUS POINTS
CAS TRICK (3 Cas): +6 BONUS POINTS
PASSER (5 Comp): +4 BONUS POINTS

Other Rules
It's worth noting a few rules here. First off, if you're not planning on playing the FBB portion of this league, probably not a good idea to sign up considering that's the entire point of it. Second, due to the nature of the league, "playing ahead of schedule", that is, playing your next round matches before the current one ends, has a good chance of screwing up the system. Therefore, it is kindly asked that all coaches avoid playing any games for the next round until the current round comes to an end. Aside from that, there are no rules for on-pitch behaviour aside from; be courteous, and have fun!

And that's all the rules that the league has. Common sense applies here of course, and anything that feels wrong probably shouldn't be done. If you're interested in joining the league, then make sure you understand the rules, and then apply with a rookie, 0 Game 1000k TW [L] team below.

Click Here for Group Page

Also, please keep in mind we need at the VERY minimum 10 people to make this work, including myself, probably at least 12 is preferable, and the best league would come from 16 coaches applied. Unfortunately, if enough interest is not generated, I'll be forced to scrap the league before it starts.

Just as a side note, there is no timezone limitations on the league; in fact if enough interest is generated on both sides of the atlantic it would be possible to make one conference Europe and the other America, making matchmaking significantly easier.

So sign up, voice your interest below to bump the thread to visibility, and with a bit (or a lot) of luck by this time next week I'll be able to get us started!

Last edited by Enigma179 on %b %30, %2011 - %02:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

And I'm proud to say I'll be the first to apply!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=663865

Dragons Hockey Guys have applied and look forward to being picked last!

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in mate.... Great work.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=656695

Last edited by GAZZATROT on %b %29, %2011 - %20:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if Im applying yet but to make it fairer in the draft it should be the last coach to get his first pick should be the first to get his 2nd pick and then go back up the list from the bottom coach so that the first coach who got the first pick is the last to get the 2nd pick. This is probably what you were thinking but it didnt seem clear to me.

lemf

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop picking on him.

I have applied
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

You haven't got time for ANOTHER league have you!!!!

DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, seems you have the attention of the OBBA Very Happy. 3 of 4 responders on the forum are in it Very Happy. Anyways, mostly just bumping and pretending to have a cause, and trying to make myself feel special and involved Very Happy.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really tempted to join (even got a team in mind), but I only would if I knew I could play within my timezone only (bbtime). So I guess I'll wait either for the second season or until you announce there'll definitely be a European and an American division. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2011 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

bobafettsmum wrote:
Not sure if Im applying yet but to make it fairer in the draft it should be the last coach to get his first pick should be the first to get his 2nd pick and then go back up the list from the bottom coach so that the first coach who got the first pick is the last to get the 2nd pick. This is probably what you were thinking but it didnt seem clear to me.

Quote:
1. This draft is optional, and if you don't wish to participate, just don't send in a secondary draft list
2. Your draft list may only have up to 10 players
3. The players you may have on your roster max out at 16 this time
4. You only have as much money as you have leftover from the Primary draft
5. The coach priority list is reversed

That's exactly what I meant bobafett Smile

EDIT: Depending on the turnout and my mood I may or may not apply a team myself, but so far so good, 5 teams already!

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2011 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump

Last edited by GAZZATROT on %b %30, %2011 - %20:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2011 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies Enigma. Wink

gjopie

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2011 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Enigma179 wrote:
Depending on the turnout and my mood I may or may not apply a team myself, but so far so good, 5 teams already!

I'm in the process of making and applying a team. Haven't quite decided what team I want to play as yet. But I will apply at some point.
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2011 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

BUMP BUMP?!?!

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2011 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

bobafettsmum wrote:
You haven't got time for ANOTHER league have you!!!!

No, Sad and not enough slots for a new team. So my application has been kicked. Surprised
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2011 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Delete a team then, we would like you in this!! Smile