41 coaches online • Server time: 14:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jiiiiim

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2011 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The first Box-only Fumbbl Cup final happens on Boxing Day. How...auspicious.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2011 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2011 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The final is over and Chuck Versus Blood Bowl came out on top after a close 1-0 game. This was a very exciting game in which both wizards played a key role and momentum changes happened constantly. There was also no lack of blood, with the teams managing 9 casualties combined including 2 kills, a -ST, and a niggle. Jill scored the biggest casualty of the game by taking out the legend pact clawbomber who was trying to help kick Jill in the head just the turn before.

Although Chuck Versus Blood Bowl wasn't quite as murderous in the team's last two games, the winning team still ended up with a respectable 61 casualties and 49 KOs caused in 8 games (7.625 cas/game, 6.125 KOs/game). At the same time, Chuck's opponents only caused 22 casualties and 19 KOs (2,75 cas/game, 2.375 cas/game).

Overall, I have to say that this tournament coincided with one of those runs where everything seems to work. Although I faced a wizard in every game, I kept getting so many casualties and KOs that my opponents weren't usually able to capitalize on the fireballs and lightning bolts. I don't think my draw was particularly easy, but I did manage to avoid some very tricky teams like DukeTyrion's woodies or BooAhl's skaven that could have given me nightmares with their ability to steal the ball and score one-turn touchdowns.

Although both the final and semifinal were very close games, I feel I actually was the closest to losing in my opening game against The Provocateur's lizardmen. I didn't play well at all in this game and was in a tricky position in the last turn of the game, barely managing to equalize before winning in OT. I guess most teams in the tournament had "what if" moments like these, it's just that this time all those moments went my way.

I'd like to thank all my opponents who made every game a pleasure to play! In addition, I want to thank all other participants in the tournament; I had a lot of fun speccing dozens and dozens of memorable games. Finally, and most importantly, big thanks go out to PurpleChest and the rest of the tournament organizers for another excellently-run tournament, as well as Christer, Kalimar, and Lakrillo for making helping make FUMBBL the best Blood Bowl site in the world!
dode74

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2011 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats RO!
Qaz

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2011 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed Gratz

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2011 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, RO, you may have won the FUMBBL Cup, but I won the FUMBBL Cup 'who to beat' competition! =P
As did about a dozen others, I guess.

Seriously though, congratulations!

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2011 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't say I'm surprised but still want to give you a well-meant "Gratz" buddy! Razz

You just did what is one of my ultimate game-dreams... winning one of the big fumbbl tournaments. Enjoy the glory!
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2011 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats, I'll see you next FUMBBL Cup Very Happy
SvenS

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2011 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats man!

SL
latulike

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2011 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I took a look at the replay of your match, it was really a great match, so finals should always be!

Frankly, I was surprised at the Pact's stall midway of the first, it was quite tricky since you had to same amount of players to pressure up his ball carrier than he had to protect him. Result: he didn't score and you managed to win with that! Congrats!
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2011 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the FC **

Chuck VS clpomb's the field and claims the FC trophy. It was an epic run of death, destruction, pain, suffering, SI-MNG's with a few wedgies thrown in for the fans amusment. They had some close calls, miracle plays, good fortune and enough saavy to navigate the field and take the tile. This FC will be one to be remembered for a long time. Will it rival the Eaters winning their FC? only time will tell. But I think it will be bigger than that for many reasons.

1)Is this the sign of things to come in next years majors in both Box and Ranked? The rise of the CLPOMB?
2)Will Chaos now be the "Team to Beat" in majors? Will coaches buy into the now famous saying: "If you aint playing chaos, you aint trying to win"?
3)Will Chuck VS have so much momentum going into the Crown of Sand that they just roll the field like it is a walk in the park?
4)Will this now open the door in Ranked for the "killer" basher teams to trully start poping up all over the place?
5)Did the Ninos show us the other path to greatness. Have a team of 2 or 3 killers, keep the TV under 2000 and roll with the inducments and the CLPOMB?

So many ramifications of Chuck's victory...How will this all play out in next season's majors?

Once again the FC delivers us massive excitment and some great matches. It was one of the best FC's ever. Lets hope the WO and CoS can delivier as much excitement next month once those kick off.

Back at the stadium as the party was winding down. Jill Roberts approached coach RO and CLPOMB'd him, stole the Healing Scroll and left him doubled over on the ground clutching his groin.

Well I dont think Coach RO will be asking for that scroll back anytime soon. SO all you Box guys out there get the shot to kill Jill TWICE!!!! bonus time.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2011 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done RO! I think that your victory proves that in CRP Clawmpomb is the key for victory.
Not dismissing your ability as coach in any way, though. Smile
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2011 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

congratulations RandomOracle. Love your recap of the tourney and acceptance speech.

also big gratz to Milford and his awesome journalism. : )

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2011 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

What about thanking all the victims in the box? Surprised

But yeah keep writing game and tournament comments it is much appreciated.

And grats on the win. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2011 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
What about thanking all the victims in the box? Surprised

Milford wrote:
SO all you Box guys out there get the shot to kill Jill TWICE!!!! bonus time.

Milford is allways positive. 2 Coaches in the Box will now have the glory of killing Jill. That is fun!

Overhamsteren you elected to look at this in a negative light and are more concerned about box pixel mens, which is not very boxing of you.