28 coaches online • Server time: 08:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2012 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have started to step into the L world and find it's a blast! You get to really meet people from all over the world. Think about it...we get to chat with people that we normally wouldn't. Often, I find myself looking through league stuff and looking to play league games first and then i check out whats happening in Ranked and then consider Box

I am curious to know why there aren't prizes simular to the R and B Majors? (win a player, resurrect a player, gain skill...)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2012 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe there are....

One would have to go ask an admin for such magics, tho.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2012 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Because Christer is looking at getting other things fixed/improved first, and just wait and see what he is doing at the moment, it is really sweet. Smile

Something 'little' like that sounds small and easy to do but it requires a huge amount of work. The big man has already said many times League will get his attention in the future. But he is currently trying to get academy sorted which is a higher priority for noobs etc... and he is also working on some general stuff for the site. Believe me when i say it is sweet Wink
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2012 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

We are hoping that all this stuff will be implemented. However the customisation of league is no small thing. So, at the moment we'll have to be patient.

I agree though, I like league more than anything else as well.
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2012 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm,
Maybe the new people can just be referred to a couple of the current leagues that divisions within them that are truely suited for new people? This would free up any time invested in the next to never used Academy Division. I also have heard and noticed that when people come looking for games they end up in main chat asking what team they should make or how they get games and they are never given a consistant answer because people never feel that Academy offers enough games and are recommended to just throw a team on GF or...join a league since they can get some form of mentoring.

If this helps to be able to get to Leagues (which are arguable equal in number of games being played per day...)
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2012 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah i agree, there. I always take time to point newcomers in Koadahs direction and the 145 club I just hope people do the same.

While we are hoping for things. I just hope we get all the skills implemented. That would be really nice Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2012 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

propuppetmaster wrote:
Hmmmm,
Maybe the new people can just be referred to a couple of the current leagues that divisions within them that are truely suited for new people? This would free up any time invested in the next to never used Academy Division. I also have heard and noticed that when people come looking for games they end up in main chat asking what team they should make or how they get games and they are never given a consistant answer because people never feel that Academy offers enough games and are recommended to just throw a team on GF or...join a league since they can get some form of mentoring.

If this helps to be able to get to Leagues (which are arguable equal in number of games being played per day...)

Well that's rather a change of subject...

You need to keep more up to date with FUMBBL current affairs. FUMBBL Academy is to be revamped.

However there's no reason why you can't arrange nooby smacks and the like in league. I used to and I know Wreckage, Koadah and Kryten do great work in the fumbblacademy channel, mentoring new coaches, I'm sure you can be useful there too.

Lastly how come Garion knows what Christer is working on and I don't Sad
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2012 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL,

I wasnt trying to get away from the subject and thought that if Academy was taken care of, the Leagues could be addressed and I could get my answers.

If I set up a League and wanted the prize to be ...a War Dancer or ressurect a player or add a skill ...would i be able to get these added on the winners team in L?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2012 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Not at the moment, however in the future hopefully so.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2012 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If you enjoy fluff, we have both prizes for players and teams in the Norwegian League. I'm sure many other Leagues have something similar. ofc. If you're all about team improvement prizes, then you'll have to wait until it's implemented (if ever).

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2012 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Because Christer is looking at getting other things fixed/improved first, and just wait and see what he is doing at the moment, it is really sweet. Smile

Wish we could get some more hints and regular y updates. But Christer works in his own pace, so kinda why I guess we wont know anything before it is actually going to come.

But still Garion, we hate you just because you know something we dont Very Happy
 Jump to: