68 coaches online • Server time: 22:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What are your goals in the second half?
I am going for a quick score with the plan of getting the ball back for a second.
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]
I am going to play it slow and methodically to make certain I get that draw.
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

You just played the first half against a good coach that worked the ball down the field and scored in his turn 8.

Now you are receiving in the second half. Are you going to play for the win or to secure the draw?

I always play for the win. I want a quick score so I can get the ball back. I see a draw as like kissing your sister. Sure, you can do it and it is appropriate at times, neither of you should get any good feelings from it.

However, I have been playing a lot of what I see as soccer coaches. Those guys that see a draw as almost a win, and a positive thing.

How do you play it?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on

[1] what team I'm playing and the state of the numbers. If I'm playing a fast agile team, and think I have a chance, I try to score fast and win. If he has numbers or a very good ball player, I try for the draw.

[2] How good is he? If he's a good coach, going for the win will make me lose. If he's a bad coach, then score fast and put the pressure on. Or score in 4 vs a slow team, and tempt them to try to rush things.

So, the answer is, basically, it depends on everything.

Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr is so right for once

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Depends on

[1] what team I'm playing and the state of the numbers. If I'm playing a fast agile team, and think I have a chance, I try to score fast and win. If he has numbers or a very good ball player, I try for the draw.

[2] How good is he? If he's a good coach, going for the win will make me lose. If he's a bad coach, then score fast and put the pressure on. Or score in 4 vs a slow team, and tempt them to try to rush things.

So, the answer is, basically, it depends on everything.

Smile

TRU DAT

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I try to lay the pain on to thin the numbers out, if that works I score around turn 4 or 5. If not I will hang on for the draw.

Also if they have a 1 turner on the bench I will score quicker. No point in going for the draw if you know they can score easily in that turn 16.
 Jump to: