56 coaches online • Server time: 18:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What style of team will win the FC?
Box CPOMB team
19%
 19%  [ 32 ]
Box Elf baller
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Ranked CPOMB
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Ranked Elf baller
27%
 27%  [ 45 ]
The rest of the field in terms of style (Dorf, orc, non CPOMB, undead teams,Zon...etc)
21%
 21%  [ 35 ]
Forlorn race
17%
 17%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 164

PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2012 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford **

I have heard a really juicy rumor.

"According to one of my inside guys he has heard that a deranged wizard of the college is planning on casting a compelling spell on all FUMBBL coaches. Any coach who has a grand father Ogre team will be compelled to enter them into the FC.

He is very angry that coaches are hiding their 10 man Ogre teams and not taking them out to play. He is going to take matters into his own hands and attempt to make them play through magical means.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2012 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Rookie gobbos is where it's at.

__Synn

+1

Stabby Murder Squad will take to the field for the first time ever during the Fumbbl Cup!

Either that or I'm making and all skeleton Undead team and fouling a lot. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2012 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Inducement gobbos are gonna make the FC amusing as hell.

Bring em on!

Hmm, may be I bring em too....

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2012 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Inducement gobbos are gonna make the FC amusing as hell.

Bring em on!

Hmm, may be I bring em too....

I'm hoping that everyone except 3 teams brings TV1000 or less gobbos, and then those 3 teams are slowly whittled away by the constant bombing, chainsaw-ing and fanatic-ing until by the end there are just 2 really well developed gobbo teams facing off for it all.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict my no RR test dwarf team will abuse inducements this year, and probably get knocked out first round - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=703619

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Agility Monsters: Out of the XFL, right into the FC! \o/

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What I want to know is will the forces of Humanity storm the FC and maybe make a deep run in this? Who will stand by the side of the Blood Sea Buccaneers in front of the horde of CPOMB and Blodge insanity?

Does humanity even stand a chance? Maybe some of the champions of the past will once again arrive on scene to give us guidance and inspiration. Will the Hellfish show up? Bessenbruck? Men with out a past? American Scotts? Altdorf FC?

But alas my deep fear is that the old grey beards have put up their spiked gauntlets over the hearth, telling tales of faded glory to their grand children. And all that is left is the Buccaneers and their few sword brotheres from the Box against the horde of the FC lunatics, greenskins, daemons and pointy ears.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I shall be fielding Norse, to see if I can beat my 3rd round from Black Cup.
Aflo

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Now let's not forget the new kids on the block PainState...about time Max Schmerz and the Bengals got some real big league experience (though whether they'll get trashed to pieces again by marauding CPOMB in an effort to do some last minute spp foraging is another matter)...
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Aflo wrote:
Now let's not forget the new kids on the block PainState...about time Max Schmerz and the Bengals got some real big league experience (though whether they'll get trashed to pieces again by marauding CPOMB in an effort to do some last minute spp foraging is another matter)...

Oh I have not forgotten the BOX humans. But the reality is this...our ranks seem to be really, really thin.

We have what? 8 regular human teams joining in majors? in Ranked and Box? Sometimes quantity is needed over quality.

I will take quality all day long but in tourney of 200+ Teams. Having more that 8 teams gives Humans a better chance at a deep run.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Last year my humans made it to round 4 before getting clawpombed out by nurgle.

From the frozen north appears a brand new human team trimmed and brought up just for the FC. They're strong, fast, fearsome and packing a natural one-turner. Captain Leon Trotsky promises a worthy show for all human fans.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&id=711945
blader4411

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

That's an awesome team!
Hopefully an OTT is just what humans need to get off that forlorn list Razz
Aflo

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Oh I have not forgotten the BOX humans. But the reality is this...our ranks seem to be really, really thin.

We have what? 8 regular human teams joining in majors? in Ranked and Box? Sometimes quantity is needed over quality.

I will take quality all day long but in tourney of 200+ Teams. Having more that 8 teams gives Humans a better chance at a deep run.

I hear ya. And the fact is it's quite tough to get a human team tournie trimmed in the box.

Very nice team you have there Jan-Erik - will definately keep an eye out for those...
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Aflo wrote:

I hear ya. And the fact is it's quite tough to get a human team tournie trimmed in the box.

Yeah, really hard. And in fact the Vault Tec Squad was trashed while trying to skill up a couple players... I'm not sure they are worth a major now, and I'm tempted to apply with the Genetic Replicants. Not that I can get them ready (the Replicants play only in tournaments), but at least it fits their fluff!

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It will be interesting to see how many rookie or near rookie Goblins show up for this.

You get 20 + rookie goblins running around with massive amounts of Inducement money, bombs, chainsaws and bribes....it is going to cause some consternation in the first 2 rounds.

Especially from the crotchy old gezzer types who dont think a lot of coaches are approaching this with a serious mind frame, sullying the FC with this goblin dribble.

Kudos to the Flings also or the min/max underworld team with 4 CPOMB dudes and all rookies.