70 coaches online • Server time: 22:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Winni

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2013 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Bretonnia!

Allons enfants de la patrieeeeeeeeeeee

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2013 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

OWCC Semi-Final Report

New Bretonnia Expatriates vs Luccini Renegades

This is both teams' first appearance in the Challenge Cup, and one of them is guaranteed a place in the final. The Luccini Renegades beat previous finalists the Uzkulak Pirates in a game that went to over-time, and in which they managed to kill and convert three Pirates to their cause. On the other hand, the Expats are in the semi-finals after winning the Albion Conference, taking it from the Barak Varr Goldlords.

Both teams are of a similar size, so it should be close. No predictions, other than we'll see a newcomer to the Challenge Cup in the final!

Black Mountain FORC'ers vs Barak Varr Goldlords

The Goldlords came 2nd in the Conferences this season and had to play in the quarter-finals for the first time ever, after winning the Albion Conference for the previous two seasons in a row. They faced the Sylvania Bonegrinders, who must be sick of seeing them in the cup after being knocked out by the Goldlords twice now! They are playing the champions of the Bretonnia Conference, the Black Mountain FORC'ers, in a repeat of last season's cup final, which the Goldlords won 1-0.

The FORC'ers have continued to grow rapidly since then, though, and this should be a very tough test for both teams, who both have plenty to prove. The Goldlords lost their title as supreme champions of the Albion Conference and will want to win the Cup instead, while the FORC'ers will be looking for revenge after getting so close last season!

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I may have lost the game, but I gained a super star.

That was brutal though. It would have been 4 dead had the apothecary had his way with the ogre! I don't want to suffer too many more of those!

I'll count my lucky stars that the 3 dead only had 1 skill between them.

Favalessa is a bogey opponent for me. I hope to get my revenge soon.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ugh, Urdithane must die! But he'll always have a special place in our hearts as the league's first super star...

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets be silent for a minute in honor of both my Wolves who gave their lifes (well, Bjólfr Bearson only gave his toughness, but decided to end his BB career anyhoo) in a very valiant and victorious fight for their league.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Both wolves? dang.

Trophy is at the engraver's now. Link to follow when design is approved.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:
Lets be silent for a minute in honor of both my Wolves who gave their lifes (well, Bjólfr Bearson only gave his toughness, but decided to end his BB career anyhoo) in a very valiant and victorious fight for their league.

That's really rough, but at least you have the cash to rebuild. And during that game, Morten Windrunner became the league's top runner, so there's a silver lining to your cloud. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The plan to take all that hard-earned cash and spend it on a well-deserved surf holiday at the Sea of Dread, now we need it to rebuild. Smile Otoh, lower TV wont hurt.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2013 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

...BBPN...

Hey sports fans! Howie Duyn here, with a Season III semi-finals update...

Well, somehow - I can't explain it - the Expatriates, the Lizardmen Season 1 basement team, the Season 2 best-of-the-rest (missing the Cup in tie-breaker points), have stumbled into the Season 3 Finals, for the Challenge Cup itself!

Having (somehow - rumours abound) earned a bye for the quarters, the Expats scrambled to gain and then hang on to a 1-0 win in the semi-finals match v. Coach Favalessa's Luccini Renegades, a dangerous Nurgle team that handed Coach Chainsaw's Uzkulak Pirates 3 RIP's and a MNG in their quarter-final match.

The first half saw the Lizards march slowly (and unsteadily) downfield while Nurgle tried in vain to get some traction on their blocking dice. The lizards could have scored mid-half after a cross-field breakout, but tried to get cute and stall and set up a Saurus for a score and a skill - a huge gamble, considering they had NO RR's left at this point! But despite a dropped Turn 7 hand-off and strong Renegade pressure a skink squirmed to the ball and got the score.

Second half the Pows had left the building for the Renegades, and the ball was even knocked loose mid-half, but was recovered nicely. They survived a Turn 7 RR'd blitz, and Turn 8 they were set up for the score, but no RR's, a double Both-Down on the Blitz and a failed Dodge sealed the loss despite Coach F's admirable efforts.

Don't know who would have won if it had gone to OT - the Expats had 1 RR in their pocket but had 2 Sauri and a skink KO'd on the bench - and now, we'll never know...

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
ttorvatn

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2013 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Go, Expats Smile We scavengers feel a certain kinship with your guys, so we hope you go the whole way Smile

By the way, if anyone are interested in more fluff, you can read about the scavengers season (winner of the Giantslayer award) by clicking on the scavenger match reports Smile
gjopie

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2013 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ttorvatn wrote:
By the way, if anyone are interested in more fluff, you can read about the scavengers season (winner of the Giantslayer award) by clicking on the scavenger match reports Smile

Thanks for the reminder - they are highly recommended reading!

Congratulations to the Expats for making it to the final this season, and also to the Bretonnia Conference, which has now officially won the Inter-Conference Shield (score is currently 4-1 with two games left).

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2013 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I fully agree with our admin gjopie (btw thanks for doing a great job!): Read ttorvatn's match reports, they are really worth it. And congrats to the Expats for making it to the final!
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2013 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Uzkulak and the Barak Varr Goldlords for (again) defending the title! Gjopie you should think about renaming the Cup to something like BVGCC.
Winni

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2013 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone make a CPoMB team to kill those dwarves. Smile Nah, just kidding, congrrrrratulations, Uz.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2013 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks.

It has to be said that I got extremely good dice in all three of the cup games - and especially in the final. Thanks to my opponents for their gracious response to nuffle's whims.

And Winni "those dwarves" have only won the cup twice, its not that many, and its quite possible that another team will surpass that record in the very near future. Probably not a cpomb team though, hard to see how they can do well in the short swiss format.
 Jump to: