48 coaches online • Server time: 16:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post How open file jnlp?goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to buy?
Catcher
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Blitzer
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Reroll
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Lineman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Crook666

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello guys, beg your pardon if this will end up being a stupid post. Fact is, i have started this new Slann team:

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=722488

I started with 3 catchers and no apo, and in the first match one catcher was killed. Then I bought the apo. Other linos get injured, i didn't replace them , the team progression has been a bit slow due to journeymen regularly stealing SPPs and poor money prizes. Now I got some money and i ask you: what should i buy? I am not a Slann expert, but they are fun and seem to have great development opportunities. Should I buy a third catcher? They are fast and got great agility, they leap easily over opponent's heads, but they're only ST2. Or should I buy a second blitzer? Diving tackle is a good skill, very useful, and they are fast too, but expensive, and maybe could bring my team to a too high TV. I could also buy another reroll (I have 3 of them now.) Or a lineman, but that seems useless to me. So if you have some free time, tell me what you think about it. You also can just vote, I'm adding a poll here.

Thanks and have a good day.

Last edited by Crook666 on %b %23, %2013 - %21:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

hookers n blow

just saying

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems a lot of folks better at Slann than I am think you should develop some catchers/linemen before investing heavily in blitzers.

You could probably add a 4th rr though. That might be the way to go.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

You are wise in the ways of professional sports, pythrr.

3 RR should be enough for a starting team (in the sense that anything less than 7-8 is enough for any team, ahem). Altho' 4 eventually, esp. if you Leap a lot.

There's another thread that recently has been debating the "blitzer or catcher" starting roster/early build approach here - just skip over the first WoT response.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, just speaking from experience (my one solitary year as a backup on a semi-pro soccer team, many years ago). But still, hookers n blow were the order of the day.

Jump to: