28 coaches online • Server time: 04:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
happygrue

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2013 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The monkey wins again! Epic game full of orcs swatting frogs as if they were flies, and frogs flying as if they were orcs. That's right, I mask my sorrow with puns! Read the match report here.

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2013 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

This is one quite main draw going on. All these elf supporters have suppressed the hooligan factor of the fans to allmost nothing. The streets at night are cleared out by midnight. No brawls, riots and half a teams FF in a jail some where. I have to say at first it was refreshing to see such gentile fans. But now I just find it boring. Iam a night owl as most Blood Bowl fanatics are. And if there is nothing going on until the sun rises through the front door of the pub something is just not right.

Qt. FInals action is lined up. Lets take a look

ImageTo the Top Ranked

VS

ImagePunish the Monkey

To the Top Ranked enters the match in top form. They are one stout wood elf team. Across the board they have very little weakness or holes in the lineup. They will elf ball you off the pitch by half time. Giving up massive inducement money though gives me some pause. Just got to find a way to get the 2-0 margin and hold on for dear life in this one. They are going to be hard pressed but the talent on the roster says they got a good shot at the victory.

Punish the Monkey is getting gobs of inducement, bring the T/MB/PO and look to lay some serious hurt on the Woodies. Their thrower is going to be key on offense. He has to stay on the pitch to avoid the strip ball. IF he goes out in this match, Punish goes down faster than the sinking of the Hood. Good ole fashion Orc ball is the path to victory. Bash/smash/boot to the head. Hang on to OT and take the match against a seriously shortmanned woodie team.

Top Ranked is going to be hard pressed in this match but they get the job done in the closing turns to win the match 2-1

ImageTiny Steel Hammers

VS

ImageFeywild Runners

Hammers are looking to avoid getting elfballed right out of this. Giving up massive inducements, wizard and a agile and fast opponeet is a tricky thing for Dorfs. We all know the Hammers can lay you out but this match up is going to become dicey real fast. The KO/CAS dont start falling early and fast. Hammers might just be doing the exit swan song from the GLT.

Runners just need to run. All out pressure to score, score some more and then keep scoring. Put some serious pressure on that skink, get a turn over the old fashion way and then get a turn over on the wizard. Make the Hammers run with them, got to find a way. I forsee a wizard and the all the serving wench babes from landers pub will be hanging out in the dugout serving refreshments.

Hammers get a scare in this match as it goes to OT but they win the toss and grind down the field for a 3-2 win

The top side of the qualifier is very interesting. Hammers have to be looking up at the top of the bracket and hoping that Monkey advances. Back to back matches against woodies might be just to much. Then again the Top Ranked are in the same boat. They are hoping that the Runners can find a way. Back to back Orc/Dorf is not a pleasant experience for woodies. Hammers VS Top Ranked might just be the best match of the entire draw. Which then means it will be Monkey VS Runners in the semi-final because NUFFLE hates Spectators and crushing their hopes and desires is one of his hobbies.

ImageGreen Jupiter

VS

ImagePacman Runners

Green Jupiter is the last of the Forlorn left in the GLT. In the end all that means is they where the last Forlorn team to get beat. This is going to be a tough match for them. Some inducement money will help. But they are under strengthed at the moment. Just one ball handling skink to carry the day. They got to get some CAS fast on those skaven linos and open up some shots on the CPOMB and Gutters. It is going to be a uphill climb in this one. CAS and some NUFFLE love is the only path to victory.

Runners are looking good. Hit and run with the CPOMB. Decimate the Saurus crew and off they run to victory. Slow methodical CPOMB blitz moves with gutters waiting in the wings to get turn overs and stall it out to win the day. Bottom line: typical skaven approach will work really well in this match up.

Jupiter lays it all out on the line and lays down some serious CAS but still find themselves losing 2-1 as they cannot contain the gutters and the CPOMB chews them up.

And then we have these guys...ImageTeachers of the True Teaching sitting in the semi waiting. Blew through the first two rounds with alacrity. +Stat monster Dark elfs BUT running with a 11 man crew with some J-man chumps and a hefty TV. These guys are living on the edge of the CRP madness of stars + crap. Can a 11 man team with monster players seal the deal in the GLT and win it all? Lets just say they do win the semi and end up in the finals. Do they have a chance against the Hammers or the Top ranked if that happens to be the match up? that is why we play the matches in the end. But my gut says it is just not going to happen, no way, you cannot win a major with a roster like that, right?

Get ready to spec some great GLT matches and get set for the final push to the finals of the GLT

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2013 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool run down mate thanx for the write up

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Azure

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2013 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Tiny Steel Hammers 2-1 Feywild runners
A tough matchup against a wood elf team with a bench and wizard. They started with the ball - a blitz allowed us to put pressure on the ball, but the elves got the dice to steal the ball away and off they went. They stalled out - but a quad skull caused that decision to backfire as we took down the ballcarrier and stole the ball - we were racing downfield for the defensive TD when the wizard CAS our runner and great elf play turned it around with a long bomb for the TD. We had two turns, but failed gfis doomed us and it was 0-1 at the half.

With no OT for this game, we had to score fast in the second half so we had time to go for the win. The two wardancers were threats - but we managed to pile on one of them and foul the other to CAS both before we scored. We still had 5 turns and only 3 elves left, getting a blitz on the kickoff sealed the deal as no elves were left to oppose us as stalled out for the 2-1 win.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2013 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I´m starting to count my money, from the TSH final win in advance now.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2013 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Get ready fans as we should have a double header of GLT action coming at us. Which two teams will advance to the semi finals?

Will the match up of To the Top Ranked VS Steel Hammers line up?

Will the time off for the teachers put some rust on their game and they come out flat?

Keep your eyes open for the kick off of the final 2 QT. Final match ups.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2013 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies to everyone for ruining my end of the tournament tree. I blame my customers for getting me all overworked! Recession my bum.
Azure

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2013 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Tiny Steel Hammers vs. To the topranked

It should be an epic showdown. Can the dwarves rise to the occasion and stop one of the greatest teams to enter the bloodbowl pitch? The wood elves are lead by an amazing wardancer, GarciRaider, and have an array of impressive talent that reportedly has the bookies listing them as the 6 to 1 favorites to smoke the dwarves. However, the Hammers promise to not go down without a fight...and maybe a kick or two to some wardancer's ribs!

GAME TIME: MONDAY 20:00 BBtime!
Pirigin

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2013 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ImagePacman Runners vs. ImageTeachers of the True Teaching

With lots of talent on both teams this Semi-Final game could really go either way.

KICK-OFF TIME: TUESDAY 21:00 BBtime!
rafadavila

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets see who play a final to rey to beat the 3 major mark. Tonigth a 20:00
Azure

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Tiny Steel Hammers 2 - 1 To the topranked

GLT - Semifinals:
An epic clash of two experienced tournaments teams did not disappoint the fans with wild swings each way and dramatic wizards and LOTS of blood!

First half started off with wood elves receiving and they took control and even smashed Merry Poppins (apoth failed). However, the dwarves slowly removed elves - only KOs, but the elves numbers dwindled. The elves moved the ball forward as time slowly ticked away - and the dwarves took their shot - a fireball killed one catcher, the one wardancer was KOed, the other was knocked down and the ballcarrier was 2d blitzed...but even with pro, could not take down the ballcarrier - another catcher was killed - but ultimately the elves were able to 1d pow to escape from the jam and score. While the dwarves could not stop the elves, 2 catchers were dead and the KO box was filling up. Woodstock was ready to try a one turn TD, it likewise failed as we could not pickup the ball, but the mighty treeman was killed as we got the push to move Woodstock downfield.

Second half with 3 dead and 2 in the KO box, the wood elves were short players to defend with and they tried a 1d blitz on the ball, but that exposed their super wardancer and he was quickly removed - after that the elves gave up and just waited for OT. The dwarves were not kind and kicked mercilessly all half injuring two more elves in the process before scoring.

With two KO wakeup rolls, the elves got 5 of 6 back so were up to 8 players including their thrower and super wardancer. In addition, they won the toss - and things looked VERY grim for the dwarves....but BLITZ! and a short kick and the skink is under the ball, the super wardancer is blitzed and piled on. Things are looking great for the dwarves - but wardancer's armor holds and skink failed 3+ catch with RR and scatter makes it a touchback. The elves swing to move the other direction - and two turns later it looks like it is their game to win as their wardancer races downfield, the thrower moves to follow, but whooooops! trips dodging away from the skink. The elf coach rages and ignores the wizard. Glad to have avoided the lightning bolt, the skink grabs the ball and races into the endzone for the win!

An epic battle back and forth that was much fun to play. Thanks! Onto the finals to see if the underdog dwarves have enough strength to win one more!
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Underdog... Just remember to send me my winnings post haste.
Azure

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Underdog... Just remember to send me my winnings post haste.

My only fan!
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure... stop writing that! You underdog!
Azure

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Dhaktokh wrote:
Azure... stop writing that! You underdog!

PainState wrote:
** Milfords back page editorial retort **

That is fine and dandy. But let me remind the Tiny Steel Hammers of the cold reality of the day.

They are on the down swing. The team is a shadow of its former glory and no longer deserves the auto pick of a qualifier due to past accomplishments. They are going to have to earn that right again, if they ever do.

So instead of pontificating about professionalism in the "pickers" universe. Maybe they should be concerned about their own professionalism and talent on the pitch in their arena of expertise, Blood Bowl.

Win us a major or get to a final and then maybe that loving feeling from the fans will come back. Until then, you are no longer the auto pick top dog anymore.

Peace!!

Blame Milford! He has angered our dwarves! Ever since his insults, our team has been out to prove themselves again!
 Jump to: