36 coaches online • Server time: 13:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Gritter wrote:
Tottenham 3-2 B93

Tottenham Blodgespur secured their place in the OBBA cup final at the weekend in a typical elven matchup which saw 5 goals.
2 goals from Adebayor and a chip from Kyle Walker from 30 yards were enough to see off a good, but outclassed Elf side in B93, despite the blatant use of a wizard which the referee 'didnt see'...
When will Fifa finally see sense and allow video technology in to the game? GRRR at Pyth Blatter....
(note, this is not really football Grit- it is Braad Brawl!)

With B93 unable to do any damage with their mighty blow midfield enforcer, it was left to AG5 leaper Adebayor to rule the game througout, who nicked a goal against the run of play in the first half and leapt to victory in the 2nd.

Wink

Pythrr Blatter disapproves of this post.
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
you'll go blind, sir

First, I'm almost there anyway, and second, it's because of what happens after the twiddling stops anyway.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well congratulations to our two finalists. Let us know when you plan on playing so that you can have an audience.

Once the final has been played, the OBBA Kommittee for Planning Stuffs will convene to set up Season 14. Once the Divs and the TV caps have been announced, you will have a week or so to play friendlies and / or trim your TV to fit into yr new divisions. There may be - as usual - a few surprise promotions to account for retiring teams.

So, if you are planning on leaving OBBA, or wish to restart yr team, let me know in the next week or so.

Pyth

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In a darkened room in New York about a week ago, a phone rings...it rings somemore....a minute later it is still ringing. A pallid hand manages to slide shakily from under the soiled bedding and reaches for the phone, accidently knocking the almost empty bottle of lube before it fumbbl's with the reciever.

In a pathetically weak and tired voice

<pythrr> Bleahhhh...hullo..

In a loud and strident voice with a strong Sheepshire accent

<Russo> Afternoon pythrr. Thought you could hide from me in some flea-bitten motel in New Nowheresville ehh...well you should know that your real easy to track boyo. Look for where cheap gobbo man-whores are in big demand and you will find the Duke ergo you find his pathetic shadow!!

<pythrr> 'oo the 'ell is this?

<Russo> What? I am offended...you dont recognise your old buddy Russo?

<pythrr> RUSSO! Are you taking the pyth? Calling me at this time...I am on my 'oliday!

<Russo> Well I am excited!! I am feeling refreshed with my 3 day break since my OBBA League Cup Final defeat and I am ringing to tell you the great news. I wanted my old buddy to be the first to know

<pythrr> Don't tell me you have knocked up another ewe? Thats not exactly news these days Russo

<Russo> Nah I think I am sticking with 13 lambs...can't afford anymore maintenance payments mate. No my news is that I have dumped those losers at Bulton and have been hired by a new team. Isnt that great news?

<pythrr> Well not for the fans of that team...which poor sods are they?

<Russo> Bradford Slitty

<pythrr> Who?

<Russo> Bradford Slitty....the winners of the 1911 FA Cup

<pythrr> Ohh yeah that club that then had it stolen from them by theives on the way home...I remember the story now. Could they not find anyone then?

<Russo> Well its funny you should say that but my interview letter and contract were both headed with Purplegoo but I guessed it was just a typo...I am keen to complete the transfer ASAP though old fruit...I will be glad when its done and I am on a 15 year cntract with the club. These guys are the next B'Orcalona ya' know. I can feel it in my bones pyth.

<pythrr> OH...are you standing in a field then?

<Russo> Ehh not with ya' there mate

<pythrr> Never mind Russo...just thought you were talking about a feeling in your bone thats all. So I guess you want me complete the registration doccuments then. Well I will see what I can do, even if its just to get you off the phone dammit.

<Russo> Thanks pyth your a real star...a golden star...no wait whats better than gold...hmmm chocolate...thats it your a real chocolate star!!

<pythrr> Thanks Russo...now feck off and leave me to my hangover

pythrr slams the phone down and promptly vomits all over the bedding

Later that day a press conference is called down at Valley Parade. A Bradford Slitty spokes-person emerges before the asembled sports media and announces the clubs new Head Coach is Russo causing mass hysteria in Bradford. The suicide count trebbles in one afternoon.

Bradford also announce their sponsorship arrangements which have allowed them to make the upgrades to team and ground in order to meet the OBBA's tough minimum standards.

The clubs new sponsors are the famous Swiss Army Knife company. The terms of this deal require Bradford City to change their name to Bradford Slitty and to demonstrate the quality of the blades during each game. Apparently the fans have found this deal useful in light of their despair at the appointment of Coach Russo.....

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Gritter

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

OBBA cup final

Going in to this match, I knew it was going to be a brutal affair and a simple game of whether the superior positiong and ability of the elves would win out for long enough against the cas dice of the dwarves.

The first half saw the Anvils receive and bring a saw along to the party.

The elves kicked not too deep and it bobbled to rest right next to the sideline.
The elves on the LOS then got blocked down before the saw blitzed in to stun Dawson. The AG4 dwarf blitzer then gfi'd to collect the ball, with him one square outside blitz/surf range. A plucky line dwarf then dice againsted the tree, burning a rr in the process.

The Spurs response was to send some elves down one flank to try and start an envelopment while trying to blitz/block the saw out of play but only stunning. Ledly King the tree also picked himself up Wink

The dwarves then formed a tight cage near the sideline and the elves chose not to try leaping in just yet but to block some dwarves out of postion instead and close off the flank.
Predictably the saw blitzed itself off the ground, this time stunning an elf again. The dwarve cage barely moved though as thet readjusted a couple of players.

Ledley king tried to mb hit the saw, but rolled only pushbacks so Adebayor moved in and blitzed him, stunned again. A few more dwarves got blocked down, only for Aaron Lennon to roll double skulls at the end of the turn and KO himself.

Dwarf turn 4 saw them start with a ko'd elf and a forcing of the elven flank as the caged started an advance. Ledley King stoof firm against one of the slayers who failed both dauntless rolls but didnt skull. Field position was now not looking so good for the elves so it was time to try something....

Initial thoughts that there was a sneaky chain surf of the carrier on prooved too risky as it would of involved leaping a dancer in to get surfed himself the next turn so instead the elves chained pushed the tree so he could block more dwarves toward the sideline and chain push the carrier against the sideline. A couple of blocks later Adebayor swooped in to dice against the carrier. After a RR he wrestled him to the ground the the ball spilled in to the crowd and in to the spurs part of the field \o

The dwarves made some good ground in response to put two tackle zones on the ball with all elves requiring dodges to move anywhere... the half could of gone anyway at this point.
The spurs response was to knock down both dwarves around the ball and put 3 on it themselves.... Adebayor then went for the final tuck up of the ball.... but failed to hand off to Dawson so the ball was not safe from grubby dwarf hands.

Things went downhill fast from there for spurs. The saw blitzed yet again and stunned Adebayor. Other elves got blocked down, then the ag4 dwarf dodged through one tackle zone and picked up the ball in a tacklezone. Most of the spurs team found themselves surrounded as they started T6...
Spurs dodged a couple of elves out then perhaps foolishly 1db the saw and rolled skulls and another elf left the pitch badly hurt.
The dwarves scenting blood next killed Andros Townsend and stunned dawson before moving the carrier in to scoring range.
He was not out of range of adebayor however, who leaped out, dodged a couple of times, GFI'd....... then skulled himself, doh.
Anvil then seriously injured Modric with the apo failing him, before running in the score.

With one turn to reply, Spurs looked to Gareth Bale and his speed, needing only one push. I don't know why I didnt leave an elf deep for ball retreival, that said, the ball could of landed anywhere but in the end zone itself and it would of been recoverable..... obviously it did land exactly there and 'super Bale' stared at his dumbass team mates and complained to the coach. Ledley King did at least KO one of the slayers though so it was not all bad news.

2nd half kicked off with only 8 Spurs players fit and they lined up to punch down one flank for a quick score, fearing any prospect of overtime. The dwarves had set up centrally, not contesting either flank.

Defoe lead the attack and they formed a deep screen for Bale to hide behind as AG5 Adebayor god the ball ready to throw a pass next turn. King, blocked a Dwarf to badly hurt, but the apo patched him up.

Rather than make the score difficult by getting tacklzones on players the dwarves decided to using their piling on slayer to hit Scott Parker and were rewarded with another kill. Adebayor then threw a simple pass to Bale who ran in a simple score.

Kickoff again and still with 8 players coach Gritter started playng the escape to victory music on his speakers and thinking "what do ya mean we can win this?"
The dwarves blocked the elves down easily and recovered the kick which had gone deep. They then commenced "operation surround Ledley king" for some reason, committing 5 players which made me smile as I had not seen such a move since I last played Russo Wink
The speedy spurs team then commited their players forward, forming a small screen between the carrier and 'operation Ledley' and threatening the carrier with both dancers.
The dwarves advanced well next though and after stunning Defoe, formed a fairly solid looking cage just on halfway line. Things were not as secure as the looked though, as with assistance from Sandro, Gallas 2db one corner of the cage down, putting a tackle zone on another player and allowing Adebayor (after some dodging n leaping) to 1db the carrier and strip him of the ball,,, only for another dwarf to catch it on a natural 6 Sad

With the cage in tatters, the dwarves decided if it doubt, kill something and Gallas became just another bloodstain on the pitch.
Adebayor then took multiple hits but was too nimble until finally being blocked down by a blitz but not stunned.... The dwarf runner then went forward to assist a block, but left a chink in the dwarf cage armour in doing so, he should of fouled.

Adebayor crawled along the ground and wrestled the carrier down with the ball bouncing in to only 2 dwarf tacklezones and further towards their endzone... Garethe Bale then turned on his afterburners, dodged, picked up, dodged and then sprinted for the score- it was Milan all over again \o/

2-1 with 4 turns to go!
The the heavens opened and the rain came down as nuffle emptied his bath water and the remaining 7 Spurs lads prepared to man the barricades....

The elf LOS went down and yet again Ledley was surrounded then blitz/po but remainded on the field. The dwarves looked to advance down the same side of the field the ball landed and semi caged just behind the halfway line.
The Spurs looked to bide their time and knocked the most advanced dwarf down and tried to contest the flank. Coach Grit mad his 2nd major mistake at this point, god alone knows why i put Dancer Defoe in a surfable position, but I did...

Defoe duely got surfed in to the crowd, but worse left a gaping hole for the dwarves to advance down the sideline...
With it all on the line, Adebayor went for another blitz and successfuly dice against stripped the ball again- this time the ball stayed on field though and his attempt to pick it up ended with a failed dodge... 2 turns left....

The dwarves knocked down the only elves standing and ko'd sandro leaving spurs with 5 men before moving the carrier in to scoring range then putting the boot in on Adebayor. This failed to stun and no one but the carrier was in scoring range with him needing 2gfi. Only a push back was needed from here so once more the hero that is Adebayor (shush Arsenal fans:) went on another mazy run....

Leaping first (and blowing a rr in the process) he then dodged, gfi'd twice and dice against the carrier once more successfully wrestling him to the ground and securing victory \o/ \o/
It was a real 'squeaky bum time' finish to the match.

There was one final act to the game though as the Anfield Anvils showed their sporting qualities by surrounding and gang fouling Adebayor hoping to add a 4th Kill to their tally. They were denied though by nuffles 'dice of great justice' and Adebayor lives to fight... and strip, another day!

Coach Gritter wins the OBBA cup for the 2nd time and with 2 different teams now (has anyone else done that?)
Glory glory Tottenham BlodgeSpur \o/
And the Spurs go marching on ON ON!
Russo

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Gritter wrote:
Coach Gritter wins the OBBA cup for the 2nd time and with 2 different teams now (has anyone else done that?)

Yeah several people have...YAWN..its quite common actually! Razz

Grats on the Cup Win Grit Very Happy

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol
Royston

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Grit.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Way hay! Well done Grit.

Stand by for exciting OBBA pre-season news!

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Stand by for exciting OBBA pre-season news!

Fantastic....we have a new admin at last!!

BiggieB is my idol
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hear ye! Hear ye! Hear ME!

OBBA Season 14 is hereby called to order.

As from today, teams have until Monday 22nd April (that's 15 days, for the mathematically challenged, and Russo) to play pre-season friendlies! All teams are allowed 2 friendlies, except Premiership teams, who are only allowed one.

You can see what Division your team is scheduled for in the Group Members page. Look for the SCORE next to your team.

11 = Premiership (no TV CAP)
10 = Championship (2000 TV CAP)
9 = League One (1800 TV CAP)
8 = League Two (1500 TV CAP)
0 = Conference (1500 TV CAP)

At present everyone is safely under their TV cap. Just make sure you are still below it after your friendly match(es), or you'll get a -3 points penalty. The same -3 points penalty will imposed for any team that is not Ready (R) to play on Monday 22nd April, when I am planning to make the season draw.

If your team has a horrible horrible friendly match, and you need to restart before the season kicks off, you can do this. But please don't unless you really have to, as it will make me grumpy. Sad

As the more observant of you will notice, this year we have expanded the Premiership to 10 teams (ye gods!). This is an experiment, sponsored by DukeEnterprises (TM), and if it is a complete failure, well, you can blame Russo.

So, onto the Division predictions:

Premiership:

The big unknown here is the extra 2 games. In a 9 game season, how will the teams go? The strongest team on paper at the moment is Gordreg's Clawy Chaos: will they slice through the opposition, or will the old timers of Reavers and Real and co. give them a run for their money? Vampy's Humans and Somerton's Nurgle are the lowest TVs, but we've already seen how powerful inducements can be in the cup, and they may be the wildcards in the pack...

Championship:

Orc, Orc, Chaos, Necro, Necro, Nurgle, Undead .... Vampire... Bashy land is Cahmpionship land this season. Gonna be fun! Who can tell with this motley crew.

League One:

This league seems full of cup success stories: Both winners and Runners up of the OBBA Cup, semi-finalists B93 and Kaiserslaughtering, and League cups winners Nag Nobles. But can these cup divas put together a 7 game season? Bring it on!

League Two:

CDs in One corner, Elfs in the other. oo oo, Come AT ME BRO!

Conference:

Is it me, or is it 1984 all over again? Goo, Dragonsmaw, Russo, Aznaroth, and 4 new guys. I love this div, so many elfs and rats and slippery things, with only chaos and bemused dorfs to slow things down. It's gonna be a blast!

Well, and Qs email me.

Pyth, backscratcher to the elect since the dark ages.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome. Great development in the old Obba-ness. Makes being in the Premiership something to play for with hugely fierce competition.

Very nicely done.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the only thing that makes me happy about League Two this season is that it'll probably be worse for the elves than it will be for me Very Happy
So i guess I'd have to get my boys ready then, any takers? Wink
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2012 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps Cevap. I'm thinking to play the Reavers, though lord only knows why I do that to myself ever season or two Wink.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2012 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats Grits! Very Happy

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Gritter

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2012 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Spurs will be looking for a friendly this Sunday/Monday- pm me in chat if u fancy a game.

Keep up teh good work Pyth and roll on the new season Smile
 Jump to: