61 coaches online • Server time: 18:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL even it up on the back of Daudy's chaos!

1-1

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a good game, Mateusz is a good coach. It ended up being one of those games where if I didn't make any big obvious mistakes I'd be ok (a bit like the game with PeteW vs Faulcon). Luckily I didn't have any huge brainfarts, despite feeling abit rusty and slow the first few turns. I certainly feared the worst also when I had a blitz and short kick catch against me in T1. Luckily, I rolled a decent amount of pows with my 2dbs, though to be fair there were some 1dbs and a few rrs used on the other side (hence the block count discrepancy). When you knock people over, you don't have to block them again and you can pull off some moves (even if most of the time you plan for just a push!). So obviously that helped a bit, but I was pleased with how my team skill selections worked in a mirror match.

Turn 5 was probably the pivotal moment when deserving MVP Masochist for PSA pushed some beastmen to get into guard contact with the ball carrier, enabling the two headed Karate Chop to easily dispatch the ball from carrier, only for another of Mateusz's warriors to catch it. This turn was not over however, as PSA managed to still get some guard on the new carrier via a 1db to knock the ball loose for a second time that turn. This time one of my beastmen caught the ball (though he was promptly clawpombed next turn for a mere prone) but the ball drop this time favoured me more and we salvaged a first half that got off to a rocky start!

Cheers to Mateusz for also staying up pretty late to play. That said, he did say it was his preferred time, so I guess these Poles are crazy! Razz
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The Orcs and Chaos Dwarves are scheduled to play Tuesday at 12pm England time and 11pm Sydney time.

Go Barre!

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Go GO GO Gibby....

Good luck mate

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
The Orcs and Chaos Dwarves are scheduled to play Tuesday at 12pm England time and 11pm Sydney time.

Go Barre!

Should be there. Go Barre!

Feels a bit weird cheering on the cdorfs, but national pride does strange things...
Prez

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Gibby is our hero! WIL regain the lead once more, due to his (2.5hrs) efforts

Barre deserves a mention in despatches too, for staying up late to play and finish a mammoth game. Well done guys

WIL 2 - 1 SWL

Go WIL

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad luck to Barre, he was on top until the crowd threw that ball towards his end zone in the first half. Knew it would be hard when gibby got his players back for the 2nd half, credit to him for capitalising. Was a bloody good first half to watch, wish I could have stayed awake for the 2nd. Speaking of which, all 6 spectators were SWL representing, so poor old gibby was copping it from the crowd.

Next game is obviously the crucial one for us now.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Was a great game, well played by both sides. Turn 4 of the second half is the turning point for me, barre makes a big move and i think his screening is a bit off.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You can keep your stupid Ashes! We'll take home the Urn!

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno if this is clear, but this game was decided in OT. Both offences spluttered and spat, and eventually the orcs used their speed (?!) to run away after winning the toss to receive in OT.

Also, I don't know why I was awake that late. Eventually some WIL'ers came to join us, but for a period of time I was the only spec!
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Was a good replay to watch.

CDs played well in the first half to deny the score.
In the 2nd half the push through the breach was bold by CDs and they got punished with a few dice rolls. I thought the orcs would win it at full time as they could have 2d 2d gfi for the win, but went a dodge route instead leading to OT.

MA7 blitzers are clearly underrated...!

Gogo Somertown and KFoged!

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

GL Kfoged (for tomorrow's game)

WIL all the way

gooooooooo WIL

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Go WIL
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

wil it go well?

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top