31 coaches online • Server time: 07:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Box intervals should be hourly in offpeak?
Yes
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
No
72%
 72%  [ 60 ]
Don't care
21%
 21%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 83

pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
As a side note I just now got drawn against Smallkosp with my Pro Elves.....The 4 minute turns and no chat in such circumstances are rather tedious. Depressingly slow for someone who plays so much. .

This. so much worse than even the cheese min max aspect.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
oh, reducing the trading frequence to increase liquidity in a market is fairly standard. It also works, but that is assuming the "trades" need to go trough, if they dont, volume drops quite a bit.

Success looks a bit like this:
Less box games played
More players in each draw

So, if you´re already at a place were the total numbers is so low on the draws that they wont execute, you really do not have anything to lose. I would recomend every whole hour, and the important part is that ppl actually know it is that way.

I would recommend you stop talking nonsense.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Not nonsense.

You don't need to force it. You can do it by convention. Keep 4 draws by prioritise activating on the hour and/or half hour.

The more coaches/teams in the draw the better your chances of getting better match ups.

Four team draws are a nightmare. If you activate a long lived team you have a very good chance of getting a CPOMBer.

In those small hours a very good chance to getting Smallman. Wink

I wonder if many people are watching the number of coaches activated and not activating themselves until they see at least 6 or 7.

I say that all non bashers should prioritise activating on the half hour. Even at peak times. Is that cheating Twisted Evil

The more teams in the draw the better your chances of a smaller TV difference. A smaller TV difference means it's less likely to be a nasty CPOMBer.

Even if it is fewer games in the short term it may be more games in the long term as otherwise people may just pack it in completely.

I'm pretty sure that when Christer first floated the idea of the Box he was talking about a draw every two hours Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I'm pretty sure that when Christer first floated the idea of the Box he was talking about a draw every two hours Wink

If that is indeed a direct quote I would be shocked if he was talking about a whole separate division where there would only be games every 2 hours.

As for all your other remarks: if you are going to pick and choose your games in any way by changing the timing of your activations, bblast-ing known sociopaths or making arrangements for certain teams to activate simultaneously.........
Then what's the point in having a [B] Division in the first place?

Last edited by Cloggy on %b %16, %2014 - %08:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, lets merge Box and ranked and put the scheduler in ranked as an optional way to find games, next to gamefinder.

Oscar Wilde
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Either that or accept the failure of the Box as a matchmaking system and bring back instant Smacks for those who want it fast and violent.

**hides under the desk**

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Either that or accept the failure of the Box as a matchmaking system

For the most part people don't like the heavy CPOMB. The way that blood bowl is supposed to work is that if the rules don't suit your league then change them.

People don't want to do that so, take it or leave it.
If it is meant to be CPOMB only after a certain number of games we can do that. But most people will get bored with it after a while.

Cloggy wrote:
bring back instant Smacks for those who want it fast and violent.

**hides under the desk**

As 8 team smacks seem to to be so difficult to get going I have been chatting with some coaches about instant 4 team tournaments in [L].

As extra incentive you'd have to win say 3 to be invited to a higher level tournament.

If anyone is interested, shout.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
As 8 team smacks seem to to be so difficult to get going I have been chatting with some coaches about instant 4 team tournaments in [L].

Interesting enough concept. I technically still run the [R] instant Smacks and would certainly consider a proposal to reduce the tourney size to 4 teams if developments continue as they are now.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

4 team smack - kinda cool! I think an optional scheduler in Ranked would be quite popular. I think the main reason people play Box is because they like the scheduler. What puts people off is HAVING to use it every game.

Oscar Wilde
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it? I thought what put people off was playing was one or two coaches who dont seem to care they have a negative impact on the site.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Which is a pretty direct and hardly surprising side effect of the scheduler Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

as I keep saying, just have a league admin, like you do in real life and if people are being idiots, then delete their teams after warnings. I vote shadow.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Only 1 person gets to vote on any such major adjustment to the basic principles of the site. People simply do not get banned without breaking the rules in Christer's house.

If it were my own site I would have no problems at all removing the select few people who act in ways that harm it, and Shadow as exceutioner would be just fine.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

we are just throwing ideas out there, and I'm not talking about banning anyone, just deleting their offending team after a warning. If this happened in real life the person just wouldnt get invited back to play TT. league admin would rule. So I see no reason not to adopt the same idea. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

For the most part people don't like the heavy CPOMB.

Maybe the majority like heavy CPOMB which is why they use CPOMB teams?