29 coaches online • Server time: 00:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Don't chaos minotaurs need a double for claw? It seems they don't! Hmm I missed that.

Me too!

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Grod wrote:
Don't chaos minotaurs need a double for claw? It seems they don't! Hmm I missed that.

Me too!

That's the point/inspiration behind Wardancer. He's not *quite* as unlikely as he appears...

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

claw all men

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
I think carrying with a CW at low TV is terrible advices - by all means hand off to them when possible but the last thing you want to do is take your big hitters away from the fight.

I guess your mileage may vary. I think the extra strength is more valuable than the extra movement. I had the distinct advantage of getting a +AG chaos warrior after game one, and my Chaos experience is somewhat limited to the one team. Jimmy knows his Str4 mutations teams, and you may want to try his approach too and see which works best for you.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Grod wrote:

Me too!

I was very excited about pact until I found out their big guys COULD NOT TAKE mutations unless it was a double roll. BIG BUMMER IMO.

Side note about the CPOMB Mino in ranked. I have found coaches do not mind playing against chaos if they have one CPOMB and that happens to be the MINO. Coaches for what ever reason do not seem to have a problem or issue with a CPOMB mino.

It is when you have CPOMB on the CW or Beastmen do they shy away from your team.

And yes this is all about the meta game of Ranked gamefinding.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Non-bash chaos examples do exist, but they are for advanced players and generally require a lot of picking to do well with.

Yes, indeed. This is NOT how you should build chaos to win/bash, but it is fun.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
I think carrying with a CW at low TV is terrible advices - by all means hand off to them when possible but the last thing you want to do is take your big hitters away from the fight.

I guess your mileage may vary. I think the extra strength is more valuable than the extra movement. I had the distinct advantage of getting a +AG chaos warrior after game one, and my Chaos experience is somewhat limited to the one team. Jimmy knows his Str4 mutations teams, and you may want to try his approach too and see which works best for you.

I'm with JimmyF here. Most of time you don't want your high strength players holding ball (especially if they are slow). They just sit in middle of cage and hence out of game... Rather you want them for bashing the holes through which your cage will move.

Oscar Wilde
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
Grod wrote:

Me too!

I was very excited about pact until I found out their big guys COULD NOT TAKE mutations unless it was a double roll. BIG BUMMER IMO.

Side note about the CPOMB Mino in ranked. I have found coaches do not mind playing against chaos if they have one CPOMB and that happens to be the MINO. Coaches for what ever reason do not seem to have a problem or issue with a CPOMB mino.

Maybe cos a claw-mino is fluffy and amusing, and unreliable. I think most people dislike the reliable clawpomb goat machines, as it just sucks, but a mino is supposed to make people go sploosh in amusing ways. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The high strength carrier can be somewhat wasted many times though they come in very handy if you face a lot of teams with leaping or ag5 dodging attackers.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos, potentially, is one of the versatile and strongest lineups in the game. You have high strength, good agility on everyone, and skill access only eclipsed by Chaos Pact Mauraders.

Just know that, starting out is going to be tough, since Chaos has no real starting skills outside of horns.

My best suggestion for most of your players, block should be the first choice, except Surehands/ Extra arms on one Beastman (Sure Hands is statistically more likely to pick up the ball when your lacking a reroll, but Extra Arm is better with the reroll and allows you to get easier completions), and wrestle on a couple of others.

After you got a good amount of block and guard, you will want to start specializing. There are so many potential builds with either your Warriors or you beastmen. I would never get more than two dedicated killers, no matter how many CLOMP teams you see in the box. If you get more basic skills, at high levels you can even out punch Dwarf teams.
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

get one of everything. one surehands, one frenzy, one grab, one block, one wrestle, one guard, etc...
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Don't chaos minotaurs need a double for claw? It seems they don't! Hmm I missed that. I could see tentacles as really great there too. Neat.

/me considers making a Chaos team! (Not a lamo claw POMB one I promise!)

Chaos Pact and Chaos Dwarf Minotaurs can only take mutations on double. However, vanilla chaos's minotaur CAN take mutations on regular rolls.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Lot of bad advice here.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a good idea to point out dubious advice and state why you think it is. It's indeed hard to tell which suggestions to follow if one's not very experienced and/or knows the specific coach.

Just saying that there's a lot of bad advice and then leaving the one asking in the rain is not exactly helpful, in my opinion, Rat_Salat.

--

Can't contribute much myself. A good chaos coach that comes to my mind is BattleLore, he has a couple of Ranked chaos teams, all bashy ones I think. I know that Synn is running an alternatively built chaos squad rather successfully, a look at that couldn't hurt either (especially since he doesn't rely on doubles/stat increases, if I remember correctly).

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Just saying that there's a lot of bad advice and then leaving the one asking in the rain is not exactly helpful, in my opinion, Rat_Salat.

Read my advice, then read the ones saying the opposite. No need to name and shame.
 Jump to: