88 coaches online • Server time: 21:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SunDevil

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2014 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Will this draft finish up before summer is gone? Smile

Stay off the sidelines!
Azure

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2014 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

SunDevil wrote:

They are probably just watching the World Cup...it slows things down.
Nobbaet

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2014 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

And today it was really worth to watch instead
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2014 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

WHO DID WE GET< WHO DID WE GET!!!?!!

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2014 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

7th pick, Sabers pick: #22 +MA, +MA, +ST, +AG, +AV, Loner

(sorry this week has been really busy, thought i would have the weekend to do my list)
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2014 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Basher
#15 Ball and Chain, MightyBlow, Block
looks like a fun vamp - a whirling dervish looking for his next meal

Epicureans will take him.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2014 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
SunDevil wrote:

They are probably just watching the World Cup...it slows things down.

World Cup? What's that? Is that one of those soccerthings? Very Happy
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2014 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

WOWZA!!! Real Life blew me up in a shit storm of titanic proportions.

But

Your dedicated and fearless comish is still alive and kicking.

The draft is DONE....I have the master list in front of me. Once I get off of work, have fun with my family tonight, they are peacefully in bed...I will sneak off and log onto FUMBBL and post the KPL season #3 draft results.

I will end with this....This is how my last 2 days have been.

It was Friday the 13th, I decided it would be awesome to have a one night two day weekend trip to camp Crystal Lake.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2014 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

KPL Draft Round #1

1st pick of the draft goes to the Kings...they select: Skeleton #14 Stab, Stakes

Had the pick of the litter and went with this. It is a very safe s.weapon pick. Stakes and Stab in the KPL could cause some serious pain. Are stakes and stab the best S. Weapon in the KPL?

2nd pick goes to the lumpers..they select: Tomb Guard #5 Block/Dodge

Very conservative pick here but a real anchor on the LOS for a new team. Cannot fault the logic BUT man, so many unique other options out there.

3rd pick goes to the Scurvy Dogs: They select Werewolf (Blitzer) #1: Mighty Blow, Tackle, Dauntless

Was that a pick to counter the #2 pick? Right out of the gate the Dogs have one of their wolfs up and running in killing mode.

4th pick goes to the Khrunchers: Tomb Guard #11: Ball and Chain, SureFeet.

Interesting..went with the surefeet over the MB/Block combo. Does increase the reliable range of the Ball and Chain but does sacrificing the MB pay off in the long run? very tough choice.

5th Pick goes to the Assassins: Throw-Ra #14: Bombs, Accurate, Nerves of Steel.

Khemri carpet bombing is coming up. This guy can hug the LOS and maybe get some nice bomb action up and running for them. With an effective 3/4/5/6 roll needed from QP out to Long Bomb and accurate moving missed passes to a 2+ roll except for long bomb. I think this guy could be a serious pain in a lot of teams butts.

6th pick goes to the Regents: Tomb Guard #2: Grab, StandFirm

Very interesting...goes with the road block to anchor his new team. I think there were some better conservative options out there.

7th pick is the Sabers: Thrall #22: +mv, +mv, +st, +ag, +av, loner

Super thrall enters the KPL looking to make a name for himself and guide the Sabers to the top...or...get bitten numerous times until the perms add up and he retires.

8th pick goes to the Epicuerean Club: they select Vampire (Bash #15): Ball and Chain, Mighty Blow, Block

Very interesting Vamp entering the KPL. He could cause all kinds of pain and suffering..but those OFB moves will be very interesting.

9th pick goes to the Lich-Priest, they select: Blitz-ra #9: Dodge, Stripball

The priests have their back field sweeper ready to run down any speed demons and strip that ball loose. Very nice ball hawk for the priests.

10th pick goes to the Vatican, they select: Tomb Guard #1: Block, Mighty Blow

A very solid pick to anchor the LOS and dish out some CAS. Not exotic, just effective.

11th pick goes to the Bone Shakers, they select: Throw-Ra #6: Two Heads, Extra Arms

This freakish throw-ra will be a fan favorite and will be a excellent ball handler for the shakers...can I hear, SHAKE AND BAKE?

12th pick goes to the Kickin' Bones, they select: Vampire (blitzer #17): Dodge, Stand Firm

Bones pick up a solid Vampire with this pick to move the rock down field. But there is a contract issue currently. He wants 150K instead of the standard 110K signing bonus. Can the Bones find the money to get him hired?

13th pick goes to the Sand Pounders, they select: Skeleton #11: Dirty Player, sneaky git

Sometimes the best pick is the one who presents you with the path of least resistance..THE BOOT!!!

14th pick goes to the Pilots, they select: Tomb Guard #4: Block

Another safe pick, gets a nice double roll to start his carrer and has nice upside on the skill up rolls.

#15 pick goes to the Dune Raiders, they select: Tomb Guard #18: Block, Mighty Blow, Guard, PileOn, Bone Head.

Raiders get a huge bruiser to stand in the middle of their LOS and lay some smack down BUT sometimes his mind wanders and he spends some time picking up litter on the pitch and putting it in his pocket. He prefers looking for missing teeth.

#16 pick goes to the Conquerors, they select: Skeleton #12: Chainsaw

All I can say about this pick is...DECAPITATION!!!!

#17 pick goes to the Nummulites, they select: Skeleton #9: Dirty Player

Nummulites go the path of dirty and amp up their foul game with this pick.

#18 pick goes to the Reavers, they select: Throw-Ra #7: Accurate, Strong Arm, Safe Throw

Reavers upgrade the vertical pass attack they have been working on. But there is trouble in the locker room as one of their current Throw-ra is going to get a pink slip on monday.

#19 pick goes to the Impalers, they select: Thrall #22: Horns, Mighty Blow, PileOn, Tackle, Frenzy, Decay

Impalers have found the most punishing thrall south of the bad lands in this guy. Even the Vamps are like "what da hell man?". But some say he has a glass jaw and cannot take a block and he is cry baby when the dirty boot connects with his face. Is this guy a glass cannon?

#20 pick goes to the Wolves, they select: Werewolf (Blitzer #Cool: Block, Mighty Blow, thick skull

Wolves get their punisher up and running with this pick.

#21 pick goes to the Bedouin, they select: Skeleton #13: Chainsaw

Oh, my!!! the Bedouin now have a pair of saws to sweep the back field and cut down any break aways in the back field.

#22 pick goes to the Blacksmiths, they select: Skeleton #10: Dirty Player

Never, ever underestimate the power of a dirty boot. The minute you forget, well, you get booted and reminded very fast.

#23 pick goes to the Nobnibblers, they select: Zombie #15: Stab

Nobnibblers must be from the south side and they play old school rules. You bring a gauntlet to a match, we pull out the daggers. They now have two Zombie stabbers manning the LOS and just "poking" around.

#24 pick goes to the Heretics, the defending KPL champion selects: Tomb Guard #10: Foul Apperance, Guard, Stand Firm.

They find their big ugly to stand in the middle of the LOS and anchor it down. You aint moving the "rock" up the Heretics gut now, it is a solid wall of stand firm ugly.

ROUND 2 Picks

#25: Heretics: Tomb Guard #16: Chainsaw.

Heretics find big uglies wing man...a really big dude with a freaking big chainsaw...yep, you need to move down the widezones now against the Heretics.

#26: Nobnibblers: Werewolf (Blitzer #2): Guard, Tackle

Solid skills but this guy is going to need some seasoning before anybody gives him some respect.

#27: Blacksmiths: Skeleton #27: Dirty Player, Leap

Blacksmiths double down on the dirty boots and add a extra dimension to their fouls...THE LEAPING DEATH FROM ABOVE FOUL!!! Fans are going to love this guy.

#28: Bedouin: Wight #13: Chainsaw

Are you kidding me? let me check these draft sheets, what in da hell? DO the Bedouin have some cache of chainsaws hidden deep in the dessert? Have they found a hidden bunker of these things? 3 Chainsaws on a team, OMG.

#29: Wolves: Ghoul #21: Bombs

Wolves are playing with explosives with this pick..Is that good or bad? KABOOM!!!!

#30 Impalers: Vampire (baller # 2) Block, Dodge

You can never down play blodge on a vamp, solid pick. Well, maybe a chainsaw can!!!!!

#31 Reavers: Throw-Ra 15: Extra arms, DumpOff, Accurate

Reavers totally upgrade the Throw-Ra positions on their team and now we find out both of their Throw-ra are getting pink slips. Are the Reavers actually going to attempt this insane vertical pass attack plan?

#32 Nummulites: Throw-Ra #19: Two-heads, Extra Arms, Kick Off Return

Nummulites get their back field rover throw-ra. He has some distance now on those kick offs. But is that really such a good plan? I place the over/under at 3 1/2 kick offs he tries to catch before he hits the RIP bin.

#33 Conquerors: Skeleton #16: Claw, Tackle, Grab, Mighty Blow, Decay

Nasty with a capital N. This guy will shred the LOS this season but those bones on that guy are very old and brittle? Were did they find this guy? In some tomb from 2000 years ago?

#34 Dune Raiders: Tomb Guard #9: Frenzy, Jugger, MightyBlow, PileOn, Wild Animal

Raiders get another hulking monster to rip some heads off. Some say this guy is a mummified mino. But hey, as long as he looks like a Tomb Guard and smells like one, he is a tomb guardian in the Raiders book.

#35 Pilots: Blitz-Ra #20: Horns

St4 blitzes with some nice upside on the other side if he hits 16SPP. This pick has some potential.

#36 Sand Pounders: Skeleton #13: Block

Went with ole reliable block on this one. It is not fancy at all but very TV effcient and you need the worker bee's to man the LOS and that is what they got.

#37 Kickin' Bones: Vampire (Baller #4) Black, SideStep, SureFeet

Bones find another Vamp with a contract issue but man this guy is going to make for a excellent rusher.

#38 Boneshakers: Tomb Guard #13: Block, Fend

Solid pick up for the LOS and Fend will come in handy to break contact on those push backs.

#39 Vatican: Skeleton #18: Block, JumpUp

Knock him down and he just gets right back up to punch you in the face...Iam starting to like the attitude this guy carries around like a big chip on his shoulder.

#40 Lich-Priests: Blitz-Ra#4: BreakTackle, Guard.

Priests get their wing man for their new back field rover. This guy can break contact and lay that much needed guard in a critical scrumm.

#41 Epicueran Club: : Vampire (Baller #20) Block, Kick Off Return, Fend, Side Step

Now this guy is a top notch kick off return guy. He is also has a shot at being a stellar rusher for the Club.

#42 Sabers: Skeleton #5: Block, Fend

Another lunch pail type of pick to man the LOS. Not a jazzy pick but a solid one if you are looking to upgrade the LOS fodder.

#43 Regents: Tomb Guard #3: Grab, Multiblock

This guy will make the defense spread out on the LOS on kick offs. If he can get to 31SPP he might just take off.

#44 Assassins: Blitz-Ra #7: Hypnotic Gaze

Man this guy has the strangest pulsating yellow eyes anybody has ever scene. Dude, you just looked, man you are so toast now.

#45 Krunchers: Tomb Guard #12: Break Tackle, Guard

I love me some break tackle on a Tomb Guard. He can break contact and move down the line and throw that guard at the point of attack.

#46 Scurvy Dogs: Wight #6: Two Heads, Exta Arms

Dogs have their rusher all set up. Just need to feed him the ball and get his wolf wing men following him down field.

#47 Lumpers: Blitz-Ra #7: Very Long Legs, Leap, Surehands

Another rusher comes off the board. This guy, I think he will have his moment of glory when he leaps over a wall of defenders for the score.

#48 Kings: Blitz-Ra: Mighty Blow

Nice easy pick on this one. Get the MB up and running is never, ever a bad plan or pick.

Third Round of the KPL draft

#49: Kings: SKeleton #6: Block, Fend

Another solid pick up for a new team. You got to start building up the fodder to take one for the team, they found their guy.

#50 Lumpers: Blitz-Ra #10: Fend, Guard

A solid pick here for a new team. Two good skills coupled with block makes him a mainsaty in the lineup.

#51 Scuryv Dogs: Zombie #7: Wrestle, fend

Another nice pick up for a new team.

#52 Assassin: Skeleton #30: Foul Apperance, Disturbing Pressence, Hypnotic gaze.

The Assassins plan has been reveled. They stab you in the back once they Hypno gaze you. Two Hypno gaze players, this has some potential brewing in the Assassins traing camp.

#53 Regents: Throw-Ra #10: Foul Appearance, Side Step

My that is one foul looking dude to finish out the draft. A fitting last pick for the season 3 KPL draft.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2014 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

KPL Update

Ok, coaches the draft is done and set. Here is how we are going to proceed over the next few days.

1)Some teams are going to have to address roster issues with these picks. Teams will have to fire/hire players to make room for their picks.

2)Iam going to go down each team. I will assign a player to get these skills. I will choose players with 5 SPP first and move down the SPP line.

IF you have a specific player you want these skills put on you need to PM me with which players are getting which skills.

IF you do not care, you just want your skills, you do not need to do anything. I will assign the players to the skills.

3)I will have the master list of all the players and their ID's and skills. That is when WhatBall and Kryten will take over.

4)I expect this process to take about 2 days, max of 3.

5)once the rosters have been updated and every thing is good. We will kick off Season #3

6)If for whatever reason you just do not want your draft pick. You can elect to not take him and just take some scrub with the block skill in his place.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2014 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Argh! Sorry to throw a spanner in the works here but my drafts don't match up at all with my draft list. I didn't even select a thro ra at all on my list!
Acheron143

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2014 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I am amazingly happy with it. Kind of terrified how well my draft went, and that a team now has THREE chainsaws.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2014 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

no re-dos, NO REDOS! (unless I get a chainsaw)

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2014 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

My second pick is wrong too. That player doesnt even exist on the draft list neither have i picked him. On top of that I only have one blitzer and cant afford to buy a second one.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2014 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
no re-dos, NO REDOS! (unless I get a chainsaw)

You have two wolves and two wights, you could have gotten a wight with a saw. I seem to have over padded with saw picks, but this could be a hilarious season with three of them. Very Happy