44 coaches online • Server time: 00:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

piling on as agility skill doesn't feel thought out properly.

- jump up is agility and it synergises too well...

- wardancers, werewolves, witches have A, so they now only need 1 double to be at maximum killyness instead of 2 doubles
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I indended to nerf the best possible bashing source, but then also to expand it among the rosters, make it more accessible. I wont argue about how that feels, but distributing attrition between strength, agility, mutation, fouling is a basic element of the concept presented.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

God forbid that Orcs are better at bashing than Elfs.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe this isn't exactly what you're getting at with your changes.

How about this idea:

Rather than change the skill mechanics, add some new skills to counter the problems you find.

Here are some examples:
Throwers Vest (Passing): allows the defender to choose which piling on result is chosen, including if the 1st result is worse than stun, the attacker must reroll and the defender chooses which, so that the attacking player is prone every time.

Hamstring (General): Allows the fouling player to disable one skill of the prone player for the remainder of the match, excluding stat increases and negatraits. The use of this skill instantly causes the ejection of the fouling player unless a bribe is used successfully.

Magic Resistant (Passing): Wizards can not effect this player.

Anyway I thought of those while waiting for activation. I'm sure we could come up with a lot more to be in the spirit of the rock-paper-scissor concept.

Last edited by BillBrasky on %b %03, %2014 - %16:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:

So a marauder will take, block, dodge, MB, PO, Claw and Guard.

So a marauder will take, block, MB, Claw, PO, Tackle, Jump Up.
Fixed for you.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Magic Resistant is an awesome idea!

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice effort Smile

There is a lot of things I like and a lot I don't like in your list, but I think it will pretty much always be the case for any list of changes Smile
Since it can only be opinions in the end, I will give you mine, for what it’s worth 

Honestly, I fail to see how “rebalancing” and “narrowing the tiers” are vastly different concepts.
So you only intend to rebalance within the tiers? I see that the teams that would get the biggest boost are the tier 3 teams so… I think you are narrowing the tiers there, not that I mind !

I find interesting repricing of players within the rosters. Especially, big guys are overpriced.
But be careful, you have to consider what a 1000 TV/1100 TV roster would look like, hence why a 80k CDB is a big no for me.

I really don’t think they are underpriced anyway, and IMO, it is more of a problem when 0-16 position are underpriced. If it is a positional, the only consequence is all teams will run as much as they can, which is not a problem for me. To me, a CD team that would not run CDB should never be the most efficient build, so they have to be attractive. And I do not think that is one of the rosters that would need to be nerfed.

Generally, your step 1 goes in the direction of making positionals more competitive cost-wise, and I second that. But then, you gave marauder A access, which I do not get the reason why.

About your step 2,
I agree that piling on should change, your proposal is not bad, though I still feel that 3ed PO mechanic of deciding BEFORE the AV roll was better. And I never liked rerolling AV or inj. I would rather have +ST/2 added to armour, or something along those lines, though that may be a buff actually ^^ Or making the decision before the block dice are rolled, preventing from using block? (but Ok for wrestle). I don’t know, PO is really hard to get right :-/

Sneaky git : not sure if that is powerful enough to be worth taking. Now, merge that with DP…

I also think that one-turning has never been so weak in this ruleset : why nerf it further? I don’t see the need honestly. Forbidding MV11 was enough.

And when I add all the changes you brought, I am a bit afraid of what you are doing with the skaven and underworld roster. I think you are taking away part of their differences (M access). Now you have the choice between two similar rosters, except one has goblins instead of GRs (not quite, but you get it)

Oh ! and ogres -10k, and 10k snots? With no roster limit ? If you make it happen, I send you a case of beer 
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The fix for Pact is to erase them from existence.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
The fix for Pact is to erase them from existence.

Or at least force coaches to wear a "Cone of Shame" while the playing them.
CroixFer

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
No better than CRP. Just different problems.

+1

Sorry for short answer, but in my opinion, I would say your changes hardly fight the ruleset errors, except for some teams.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

True my bad at calculating. But still, you potentially still made it possible to make a full murder squat. Where no other team can match them in bash power.

The current ruleset is not perfect, but no team alone have full access to a cheap killer combo on their linemen nor their roster.

Still with 11 full skilled players you will have around 2000k.
11 * 6338 Block, Dodge, MB, Claw, PO, Guard.

Fair no apo, no RR and no FF. But you could easily cut down 2 or 3 players skill to add those to have 2000k and then still have 8 killers.

If you dont think this is broken, then how come you turn down Chaos Dwarf powers? They would never reach that level of Bashness.

edit:
MattDakka wrote:
Ehlers wrote:

So a marauder will take, block, dodge, MB, PO, Claw and Guard.

So a marauder will take, block, MB, Claw, PO, Tackle, Jump Up.
Fixed for you.

+1, even more ugly!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like you guys are tilting at unicorns, to butcher an expression...

Yes, we can theorize at terrors like this but it simply doesnt reflect the vast majority of teams coach in the crp face. Im not saying there are no black swans, its just I wouldnt hinge my argument on something that takes a lot of math and time and effort and terrible opponents to create.

To wit, I'd spend the entirety of the game against such a team making fun of the other coach for such dedication to a farce.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nerf clawpomb. (Kills stack over powered)
Maurauders lose ST access (reduce access to kills stack)
Amazon for a more serious overhaul (whole roster dodge is broken)
Most big guys all -10K, and maybe consider something else too (make the default build their inclusion)
Nerf pact DE so he isn't default ball carrier (animosity doesn't cut it)

-10K on all stunties, +10K on sauri (buff stuntie teams but not Lizards)
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that there are too many 11 man teams, which goes hand in hand with minmaxing and leads to many games being over too early after a cople of unlucky early hits. But Im not sure your solution will actually solve the problem. The reason so many people dont take a bench now is mainly because it isnt efficent tv wise, so thats the issue that needs to be adressed. Increasing the squad size on its own will only add to the problem - but along side another solution it might work though.

I feel a better solution is to make the 12th and further players cheaper in the tv calculation. For example -10k cumulatively on each player so a 16th player might cost up to 50k less.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Remove spiralling expenses 2014