84 coaches online • Server time: 20:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's why I don't think they deserve the spot. I believe that stunty is balanced, and I believe that they have killing abilities accessible to many of the teams. What they also have that ranked and box don't generally have is a vast array of targets with stunty. That +1, in addition to mighty blow means that casualties accrue much faster than they would in any other division.

I hope that no one takes this as me bashing Stunty Leeg. I think it's freakin' awesome and I've specced a bunch of really fun matches there. I just don't think it qualifies in the same way as Box or Ranked because of the potential targets.

And half the fun of this thread is going to be the debates about who belongs and who was left out.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there needs to be at least one Stunty team in the top ten most brutal teams of all time. Why? Because Stunty easily has the highest body count, and there are bombs, saws, and all manner of stupidity running around the field on a regular basis. The fact that it is easier to get hurt just adds to the brutality factor in my book. And if you can rise to the top of that massive pile of bodies, like Hospital have, you deserve a spot.

I'm curious now if there are any really nasty long-term [L]eague teams out there?

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I would have given one stunty and maybe one league? team an honourable mention and make the top 10 R/B teams.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords back page editorial **

Now we are cooking with gas FUMBBL fans. So some have come out and questioned my sanity on putting a Stunty team in the top 10. Well here is my in your face, no holds barred response to all you village idiots out there.

Hospital has been a staple team on FUMBBL playing in the stunty divison for years. Their repuatation of a killer team is not surpassed by any team in that Divison. Smashing Oblivion might have a more gaudy CAS for average BUT Hospitals reign of terror, blood, suffering and filling up ER rooms all over the Old World weighs heavy in my judgement.

When Hospital takes the field the specs flock to the Stunty pitch of blood and gore and are entertained by the massive blood shed and they cry for joy as the pixels are smashed left and right.

Now, how many of you have played 20+ games with one stunty team and averaged over 5+ CAS for per average? I suspect some of you do not have the intenstinal fortitude, you are a mental midget when it comes to taking CAS, you cry when your pixels take a BH, Oh, the brutality of stunty, Oh, Mama what did I sign up for. Thats right I said iT!!!! you guys are yellow belly mental midgets!!!!! I do not take it back!!!!!!!

Also Iam further offended that some coaches look down on the Stunty Divison. I would like to point out that Stunty is a FUMBBL unique league. Born and raised right here on FUMBBL. Many coaches have spent hours on end of their free time to bring this unique creation of Blood Bowl to us. When you come out and trash it, well, it gets me all worked up, I feel like laying the boot into somebodies back side.

Stunty is FUMBBLs unique gift to the world of Blood Bowl. Have you scene all the work that went into just the stunty handbook? All the effort to create the vibrant and unique teams to smash each other with. By talking down about it you are giving the verbal knee to the groin of all the coaches who invest their time in that divison and all their effort it seems is a waste of time in you view of the universe.

I would call on all coaches on FUMBBL to atleast give Stunty a shot. Iam not talking about playing in the div all the time. But atleast make some teams, play some games, enter the 4 majors a year and have fun with it. IMO it is a obligation of every FUMBBL coach to make atleast one team and play atleast 1 stunty major and 10 games every year. In fact I call upon Christer to immediatly make a FUMBBL rule that states this.

Any coach who plays on FUMBBL, does not have atleast one stunty team and does not play a minnimum of 25 matches a year is PERMA BANNED FROM FUMBBL!!!!! To hell with the heartstring approach that you should support FUMBBLs uniques divison. HARD CORE it into the rules and force, yes force, you mental midgets to show up on the stunty grid iron and maybe, just maybe, some sense will be knocked into your mush of a brain.

Hear ends the sermon of the day. amen

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

WOWZA, man did I get worked up. Let me sit back and calmly reflect on the top 10 list of most brutal teams.

Deep down I just knew this would bring out the passion, the in your face rage. That is what Blood Bowl is all about. That is what the top 10 list is all about. Just laying into each other and going all out assault mode on each other.

Oh, this is such a beautiful game, it brings a tear of joy to my eye. Oh, man, the emotions of joy are building as I make this list of pain and suffering. Such glory, some great memories of pixels exploding in blood.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Now, how many of you have played 20+ games with one stunty team and averaged over 5+ CAS for per average? I suspect some of you do not have the intenstinal fortitude, you are a mental midget when it comes to taking CAS, you cry when your pixels take a BH, Oh, the brutality of stunty, Oh, Mama what did I sign up for. Thats right I said iT!!!! you guys are yellow belly mental midgets!!!!! I do not take it back!!!!!!!

20+ games with 5+ cas/game is not hard to find among stunty to be fair. My Lost Paladins average 6.625 over 40 games and they are not even that brutal compared to many teams out there.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Tomorrow I will release the #8-6 most low down brutal teams in FUMBBL history.

hmmm, I only see #8, or am I missing something Razz
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
PainState wrote:

20+ games with 5+ cas/game is not hard to find among stunty to be fair. My Lost Paladins average 6.625 over 40 games and they are not even that brutal compared to many teams out there.

You, see, guys? Azure says this is easy peazy man. So make your teams and hit the stunty pitch. Shocked Surprised Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Image#9: Left my Heart in San Francisco 3.55 CAS for Average Another stunty team makes the top 10 list. Man are these flings cut throat. You see them on the game finder and start salivating at the CAS, the skill ups and man you are going to rip them to shreds. Then you sit back and go wait a minute, man these flings are brutal. Is the cost in pixel flesh worth the reward? What if they beat me? The humiliation and suffering. Plus, do I have enough gold to replace the guys about to get killed or retired?

These flings have a long and storied history of inflicting some serious pain. Lead by the legendary Mr. T back in the day these guys would actually get dodged on game finder. Coaches would refuse matches against them.
When a fling team on the Ranked Gamefinder makes coaches weak in the knees, dodging and weaving and ducking. That is what I call legendary fling bash power my friends. We all must respect the fling brutality and low down nature of these stunty creatures or else you might find yourself with a CAS box overflowing and you are screaming to the heavens imploring NUFFLE to STOP THE BRUTALITY!!!!!!!

Not really. I know of no one that dodged the flings...but the flings certainly dodged lots of teams. Their CAS rate seems high mostly because of the opponents they would face.
They played 1505 games:
285 vs Wood Elves
354 vs Skaven
158 vs Pro Elves
--> 797/1505 or 53% of all games against teams that are AV 7 without block or dodge to start with.
222 vs Dark Elves
203 vs High Elves
--> 425/1505 or 28% of all games against AV 7/8 Agility teams.
The next highest? 45 games vs vampires...then down to 28 vs humans.

Point is, they are halflings - so sure they have to be careful of their matchups...but no one I know of is afraid of them...when they want to play with their 2 MBPO trees and 4 DPs against an elf team with no MB or tackle...that is just smart by the halfling team in picking opponents.

It does not however make them some brutal team that people are afraid of. They are an opportunistic bunch of halflings that prey on weak non-MB low tackle agility teams.
Kam

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Talking about that, I'd be curious to see the Cas ratio pre and post CRP for flings.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if smallman, kenthis, calcium and tuamdre make this list..

pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

This

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=55826

For the fear factor

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder what a Halfling team should look like so that I would be afraid to play against them with any of my teams, including rookie ones.
With that said, the Sammiches are a great team, great sports. They earned everything they achieved. Just saying that my fear level is well above them.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Team Hospital has killed 653 players, nuff said.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Severedunit wrote:
Team Hospital has killed 653 players, nuff said.

or is it..

Who Has killed the most players, hmmm?
 Jump to: