47 coaches online • Server time: 13:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Regen is a little overpowered IMO being a 4+ right to the reserves. Shouldn't they at the very least go to the KO box?

Nothing is more frustrating than getting a few casualties against these teams to only have them come right back....

Also, I think it would be good to have different levels of regen depending on the type of player. I understand a Mummy regenerating but a Zombie? Nothing holds those things together so once an arm gets ripped off it should be a little tougher. I would vote to have different regen levels for players:

Regen 6- Player comes back on a 6
Regen 5- Player comes back on a 5+
Regen 4- Player comes back on a 4+
Etc, etc.

Maybe this could even out some of the Regen players and allow more to be added with this skill?

Thoughts?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Regen is very good. But it is not like you are seeing the regen teams dominating. No surprise your last match was against Undead Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

That game was just some crazy dice on both sides and the regen actually did not work that well for him.

I would argue that regen does really help out in the low to mid TV range. I would also argue that Ghouls could then be given the Regen trait at a different level....

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone who played regen teams knows very well that regen only works when less needed. So Nuffle clearly counters its potential!

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

That moment when you forgo using your Apothecary on a player for hopes of regen
Or worse, you waste your Apo only to see the regen roll succeed after.

Or Apo fails or turns a -ST into a Killed, and then regen fails on top.

Sure only a few teams get that luxury, but all the same, it still really sucks
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
Regen is a little overpowered IMO being a 4+ right to the reserves. Shouldn't they at the very least go to the KO box?

Nothing is more frustrating than getting a few casualties against these teams to only have them come right back....

Also, I think it would be good to have different levels of regen depending on the type of player. I understand a Mummy regenerating but a Zombie? Nothing holds those things together so once an arm gets ripped off it should be a little tougher. I would vote to have different regen levels for players:

Regen 6- Player comes back on a 6
Regen 5- Player comes back on a 5+
Regen 4- Player comes back on a 4+
Etc, etc.

Maybe this could even out some of the Regen players and allow more to be added with this skill?

Thoughts?

No. Trolls say good day.

Also, Regen is useful at every TV, especially on Nurgle.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Just be glad it isn't 2+ like when they first released BB 3rd edition, and then not long after needed an addendum to 4+.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Regen teams pay for that ability with 70k rerolls.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

+2 regen was the fashizzle

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:

+ about 10k for every player

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

An alternative form of regen would be something like..

On a 4+, a player who is killed is instead seriously injured, a player who is seriously injured is instead badly hurt, a player who is badly hurt is knocked out, and a player who is knocked out goes right back to reserves.

But then you might also need to allow the coach to roll again for each player either at the end of each drive, or just at the beginning of the second half and again at the end of the match, to balance it out if its too weak to the current regen.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

xyon wrote:
An alternative form of regen would be something like..

On a 4+, a player who is killed is instead seriously injured, a player who is seriously injured is instead badly hurt, a player who is badly hurt is knocked out, and a player who is knocked out goes right back to reserves.

But then you might also need to allow the coach to roll again for each player either at the end of each drive, or just at the beginning of the second half and again at the end of the match, to balance it out if its too weak to the current regen.

then go for the high score game to resurrect and fully heal your star wight Wink

Post 10 Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Regen is what makes Undead what they are. They've been introduced like that as one of the earliest races for some reason and are well put together and massively playtested rosters. Undead are still forlorn, Necros tried for quite some while.

Im excited will there be a post popping up in the future about tackle being OP...

But those regen thoughts are lame, we'll check your brains box zombies claim!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

block is op

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Cavetroll wrote:

+ about 10k for every player

20k with the bs formula.