50 coaches online • Server time: 14:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
And if you want to join a league, the best choice for a UK player is WIL. Start at the Fringe.

PFFT!

OBBA all the way

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Fumbbl! One of the best places to start is the 145 Club, a league run by koadah and others. Usually full of newer coaches learning the ropes, a bit less brutal a learning curve in there. Also, spectate some games between legend coaches etc to get a view of how it all works and how the higher end coaches get themselves out of trouble Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 19:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
In box your opponents can't screw you over on the matchup, so the real men all play there. In ranked, it's all picking on guys like you and you just get plucked like a ripe cherry. Take your pick.

You forget, there are also the few of us that don't pick or let ourselves get picked to wreck the pickers!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Captim wrote:

Have contacted. Is there a valid open league?

If you want to play in an open format where you can play anybody, ranked is the best place to go.

Mind you tho that this isn't Cyanide. You are expected to play the games you pick and not doing so gets you in trouble Wink. So there is really no need for an open league if you mean that.

Besides that you can play anybody in league with anything and no competative rules apply (you can play friends, cheat, etc.).

Also note that the World Championship is about to start and still needs a few more coaches, partoularly a chaos based team (chaos, nurgle, cds or pact).
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9177&op=view
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
In box your opponents can't screw you over on the matchup, so the real men all play there. In ranked, it's all picking on guys like you and you just get plucked like a ripe cherry. Take your pick.

You forget, there are also the few of us that don't pick or let ourselves get picked to wreck the pickers!

You forget that you aren't new to the site.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 19:59
FUMBBL Staff

Wreckage wrote:
Lorebass wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

You forget that you aren't new to the site.

Are we sure about that?
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 20:02
FUMBBL Staff

On a more constructive note(from me): you should also consider joining us on IRC in #fumbbl

https://fumbbl.com/help: can help you to do all the things here.
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 20:14
FUMBBL Staff

Hello Captim and welcome to fumbbl.

I am manager of all Official tournaments on FUMBBL and hence well placed to answer your queries, as while you have had the right answer already provided, it can be hard to sort the wheat from the chaff.

The FUMBBL Cup is our largest and most prestigious tournament of the year. It is open to any team (only 1 per coach) from either the R or B divisions. These are FUMBBL's two competitive divisions. No teams from outside these divisions are allowed in, so a team you built elsewhere is useless to you.

It is perfectly fine to apply brand new teams from either division, but a team over 1600 TV has a more realistic chance of progressing, and some teams in the draw will be HUGE, i am talking 2600 or bigger.

Both R and B have their won character. R is open play and you choose your opponents. unfortunately as a new coach you will find a lot of people are VERY happy to chaoose to play you, mostly as they will see you as an easy win. B is randomly drawn opponents, with no way to back out once the game is set. It has a reputation for appealing to the less sociable and more ruthless of coaches, and can be failry characterised as 'bash heavy'. Neither is ideal and it's up to you, building a new team in either division, as a new coach, should be fairly simple.

Over the longer term, we have a division called L, where leagues meet and play. Uk has several, I play in the White Isle League (WIL) and that's probably the biggest and best known. But there are many different leagues, often with some variant house rules, or specific limits/criteria. Have a look about, I am sure you will find one you like the look of.

For newer players, no matter their skill level, i would massively recommend the 145 club. It wasn't there when I joined, you had to learn by being ruthlessly smote by everyone until you worked it all out or someone took pity on you and explained where you were going wrong. But nowadays we have the 145 club, where new players can face each other and build some overconfidence before being ruthlessly smote in the competitive divisions. Apparently thats much better for them. Kodah runs the 145 club, try dropping him a PM, he's ever so friendly.

Anny other questions, feel free to ask.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

But if you let yourself don't get picked, you are picky by yourself because you refuse offers. I don't consider that immorale but it is a passive picking, true?
Panda_

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

Over the longer term, we have a division called L, where leagues meet and play. Uk has several, I play in the White Isle League (WIL) and that's probably the biggest and best known. But there are many different leagues, often with some variant house rules, or specific limits/criteria. Have a look about, I am sure you will find one you like the look of.

But only teams of Ranked and Black Box are eligible to participate in official tournaments which promises trophies, Coach Rating boosts and unique prizes like mutations on your players or permanent Star Players which cannot be bought anywhere.
 Jump to: