46 coaches online • Server time: 12:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Often times I am one of four people activating Box, the opportunity cost is too great and I'd be letting 3 other people down if I spent my time trying to arrange test games. If anything I am guilty of caring far too much about my fellow coaches. As I always say, "To know me is to love me and to love me is to know me." It would surely be a tragedy beyond any and all imagination (think 9/11 times a thousand) to deprive my fellow coach of a good time.

Maybe if they couldn't get a Box game they would have more time free to play in the Test division. Mr. Green

the_Sage wrote:
Garion wrote:
too much funny stuff goes on in test division for teams to be allowed to move about in to proper divisions.

If so, then League isn't a 'proper division'. People also build teams by playing all-snotling teams there, after all. Or play in a bash-free environment.

Mr. Green

Transfer to League makes sense for the CRP teams if it is not too much work.
Transfering Stunty teams to league sounds like more work

I don't think that closing Gamefinder & Black Box for an evening is that big a hardship.
Even better if it were feasible to point them at the test division during that time.
That might be a bit of work but it would be available for next time.

Java chat isn't working and I found installing a chat client a right pain. Posting on the forum isn't the most efficient method of finding a game.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
"People should be nice and help cos it's the right thing to do" doesn't work HM.
Newsflash: most people are selfish assholes. There has to be an incentive other than "it's for the greater good" if you want hella matches in the test division.

For once JF is right Wink

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I still say we shut down R & B for a few days to a week. Get the Test games hopping.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone look through all the bugs and delete the duplicates as there are a few now (also everyone please check to see if your bug is already reported), or give me the ability to do this? Also when in the original testing team we used to prioritise the bugs with red green and black arrows, could someone also do this, or again give me to power to do it?

Thanks.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure who can delete bugs. Normal staff members cannot.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I will try and clean up the bugs today. If you can send a list of dupes by PM it will go even faster.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh good idea Whatball, maybe just shut down R&B for a day and call it a "stress test day" just to see how many BB junkies can hold out for a day Very Happy
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Bug list should be cleaned up now. Let me know if there are other issues.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers whatball.

Just to clarify something, are we still using 1.1.8 at the moment?

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

That's correct. I'm working on 1.1.9 atm.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. Was just retesting all the fixed bugs, Whatball is closing them now for me, all of them are fixed that I have tested so far.

Everything will be looking a lot nicer after Whatball has finished closing the list I sent Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I still say we shut down R & B for a few days to a week. Get the Test games hopping.

Even if this idea was the least worse of many ideas, even getting the message out that you'd be doing this would be a stumbling block. "Can't find a game in Gamefinder for 3 days now!" "Is BlackBox 'dead' dead?" Overall, I can't imagine downtime of more than a few hours being good for the short/mid/long term health of either division even if it's to help test stuff for those divisions.

Not only that but entirely new coaches to the site wouldnt have any options to really play during that black out period potentially turning them off altogether. Imagine if you started a team as a new coach, played 20 games and then had that team wiped out at some point because of the SOP regarding teams in the Beta. Not only that but despite the ease of creating a new team, and starting a game, new coaches still have difficulties sometimes figuring out how to get things going - throw in another wrinkle like named games, only being allowed to connect to named games in test division with a test division team. And generally the forum is pretty good about helping people but the reach of the forum is only so large and that speaks to my point about communicating a black out period.

How about a potion or functional prize for people who play over some nominal amount of test games? Or a beta tester badge of some sort? Less sticks, more carrots.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

MOAR STIKKKZ!

(Says the guy who is trudging through countless duplicate and vague bug reports to try and clean them up. Thank goodness I am not the one fixing them. Wink )

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to hire one WhatBall with the Moar Stikkkz secret weapon please, thank you!
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

All my games since the beta started have been for League or Tournaments (I'm counting Necromiser's Nightmare here), though I did play one test game last night against two of my own teams because I didn't think I had time to play against another opponent. Garion is right about how fun it is to play and not care about the stats.

I'm definitely going to make some time to play more test games against other opponents. I really want to test the Ball&Chain bug - if you wrestle a 'ball & chain' player to the ground, then foul said b&c player, it locks the game up. Has anyone else encountered this in test mode?

Update - I scanned through the bug reports, this is still happening and there are a number of similar things causing the same result - Pitch Invasion, Chop Block. I also just reread the rules and it says if the Ball & Chain is ever knocked down or placed prone, roll for injury and ignore armor. So this should apply to Wrestle as well.

Last edited by Cavetroll on %b %13, %2014 - %19:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: